no one cares about me

do you hear me (I can't hear anything)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DYHM (ICHA); NO ONE CARES ABOUT ME

 

Things to note: possible character death?… :(((

 

 

 

 

No one cares about me:

 

 

Jaehwan walks down the street, a large bag of trash in his hands. The garbage truck has long gone, and now in order to throw his trash, he has to walk all the way to the end of the street.

 

“Its such a long way, got to remind myself to not miss the truck next time.”

 

Sweating buckets, he finally arrived at the stinky place. Jaehwan throws the bag of trash in and was about to turn back when he saw a body at the furthest  corner of the dump.

 

“Oh my god, what?”

 

He fights against his instinct to run, and walks towards the slightly fidgeting lump, he squats down and taps the shoulder of this weird man, wearing all white.

 

"Are you... okay?"

 

The male looks up slowly, and to say Jaehwan was attracted was an understatement. The male had all the good genetics, and now all Jaehwan wants is to hear his voice, but he can’t.

 

“Can you walk? Do you have a place to stay?”

 

The male shook his head and pointed to his mouth, then shaking his hand. Jaehwan looks at him in slight confusion,

 

“You’re thirsty?”

 

The male sighed and shook his head again, this time pointing to his throat.

 

“You are extremely thirsty?”

Jaehwan couldn't understand the other male, but he could offer some water back at his house if the male was willing to follow him.

 

“I have water at my house? Do you want to come over? Then we can talk about why you're in a dumpster, er, sleeping?”

 

Jaehwan stands up and offer his hand to the male, he senses the other’s hesitation and gives him a smile, and that made the male grab his hand and pull himself up from the ground. They walked together and as they are making their way to Jaehwan’s, he asks the male how many days the other had been in there, and he puts up 2 fingers.

 

“Two days? That’s so long? What about food and water, or the washroom?”

 

The male shrugged nonchalantly.

 

“Wow, I look up to you now, I can never survive without food.”

 

That successfully makes the male smile slightly and Jaehwan decided he wants to make him smile more just solely because he looks cute.

 

“How old are you? I’m 21. Are you a hyung or..?”

 

The male tilts his head slightly and counts his fingers, then shrugs again. He doesn't know how old he is.

 

“Wait what? You really don't know your age? Did you escape from the hospital or something?”

 

Jaehwan thinks, maybe the male suffers from amnesia, or maybe he’s mentally disabled. He needs to know more.

 

“Oh! Here we are, my home!”

 

They take the lift up to the 10th storey and Jaehwan opens his door and gestures the male to walk in first,

 

“If you're a murderer, please let me bathe and eat before killing me, thank you.”

 

The male looks at him before chuckling and shaking his head. Jaehwan goes to the kitchen and gets a cup of water, handing it to the male,

“Okay good. Sit down and tell me why were you planning to live in the dumpster.”

 

He ushers the male to sit on the couch, while he sits next to him. The male drinks the water in a gulp, puts it on the table and faces Jaehwan, he holds a palm out and makes a pen gesture.

 

“A pen? You want a pen?”

 

The male nods, then made a writing gesture.

 

“Oh! A pen and paper?”

 

Another nod. Jaehwan goes to get a pen and paper for him before sitting back down, handing the male the materials. He gestures for Jaehwan to start asking him questions.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

Scribble. Minhyun.

 

“What were you doing there?”

 

Another scribble. I was dumped there.

 

“A lovers’ fight? Why were you dumped there?”

 

I’m a science experiment. A defected one.

 

Oh.

 

“How are you defected? You seem-“

 

I’m mute.

 

Oh. 

Jaehwan puts a hand out and introduces himself,

 

“Hello Minhyun, my name is Jaehwan, and don't worry about being defected, because same here, I’m deaf.”

 

Jaehwan takes Minhyun in, and after a few days, he learnt that Minhyun has been in the lab since he was young, so he doesn't remember his birthday. The way they communicate is by pen and paper answers. Jaehwan talks and Minhyun writes, Jaehwan reads and it repeats. But one night, Minhyun taps Jaehwan’s shoulder from his side of the bed.

 

I have a chip inserted into my neck, and I think its a tracking chip.

 

Jaehwan’s eyes widen slightly, 

 

“Which means they will find you right? They will track you down and take you back?”

 

Minhyun shakes his head and scribbles something onto the book that Jaehwan had gave him,

 

They will kill me.

 

——

 

Slowly days turned into weeks and it turned into 4 months.

Jaehwan had fallen for Minhyun’s soft smiles and how he likes the things to be clean. And how he aggressively scribbles down nagging words when Jaehwan was lazy to clean up.

 

“Let’s go grocery shopping tomorrow. We are running out.”

 

It was a Sunday when it happened. Men in black were walking around Jaehwan’s neighbourhood and both Minhyun and him were out grocery shopping when Minhyun pulled him back and hid in an alley. Jaehwan looks at him confused, and Minhyun mouthed scientists’ men. Jaehwan peeks back out to the streets,

 

“I’ll go buy, you stay here.”

 

Minhyun shook his head and mouthed, we both stay here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter