no one listens to me

do you hear me (I can't hear anything)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DYHM (ICHA); NO ONE LISTENS TO ME.

 

Things to note:

in this setting (even though its set in the olden days), theres no such thing as homophobia. Same-gender relationships are allowed, and those people don't face any discrimination.

Minhyun is the Crown Prince, the upcoming Emperor of the nation and Sungwoon’s a commoner. (Typical, i know.)

*the Court: important people in the palace.

There will also be a lot of places in the palace (cause its big, you know). But, no need to get confused, cause its either i named them, or i got it from those type of shows heh. Anyways, feel free to ask any questions and i’ll try my best to answer every one of them!

CLIFFHANGER ENDING BTW

Lets get starteddddd

 

 

 

NO ONE LISTENS TO ME:

 

When was the last time Minhyun slept? In his golden robes, he walks around the palace. Being the crown prince doesn’t mean anything to him, being forced to marry someone he doesn’t like, being forced to eat really good food while the nation’s people are out there starving due to the famine that has hit them two years ago. 

He hears a loud commotion near the dungeon and he walks over to talk a look.

 

-

Sungwoon needs to save his brother, even if it means dying for him. He knows once he gets past the gate guards, the palace guards will kill him, but his mother wanted his older brother back. He stealthily climbs up the brick walls and lands silently in the palace. He runs towards the dungeon, but the guards there took notice and grabbed ahold of him. 

“I just need to get my brother out! Please! I can take his position! We can exchange. We can, just please, if I go back instead of my brother, my mom is going to hate me more!”

“No. We are sor-“

Minhyun decides this is the right moment to cut into the conversation they are having.

“Let him switch.”

The guards look at him half-shocked and unbelieving,

“Good evening, Crown Prince.”

“Evening, now let him go and switch.”

 

Sungwoon was really glad the Prince was on his side, and started to thank him, but maybe he was a tad bit early to do that,

“Yes, yes! Than-“

“I’m afraid we can’t do that. The Emperor ordered us to not let anyone down into this dungeon specifically.”

 

Minhyun walks closer to Sungwoon and grabs his hand, before dragging him to the rusty metal gates of the dungeon. He pushes the gate open and walks into the dark place.

“Prince! Prince! You can’t do that!”

 

Minhyun stops for a moment and looks back slightly,

“You call me prince, and yet I can’t do what i want?”

 

The state of the dungeon wasn’t what Minhyun had imagined for his past years being forbidden to go near. It was worse. The place had no windows, a disgusting musty smell, prisoners groaning due to the lack of air ventilation, lack of food and water. At the end of the small space, there are metal chains and wooden chairs along with thick ropes. What scares Minhyun the most is the two large bowls of coal, and two large metal plates inside of it. He didn’t realise Sungwoon had broke free from his grip to look for his brother amongst all the dirty and unrecognisable faces.

 

“Crown Prince! Why are you down there in that lowly place? Come back up, my son!”

While looking at all the prisoners’ faces, Minhyun hears his mother calling for him from above the ground. He looks towards Sungwoon who desperately pulls the chains on one of the cell doors,

 

“How do I open this? Brother!”

A male, with black dirty dust on his face looked at him unamusedly,

“Just go, even if you open, they will kill us both.”

 

Sungwoon stomps his right foot slightly, frustrated at his brother’s unmovingness,

“Mother wants you back, you know I can’t go back. She will kill me!”

 

He then holds out a metal pin and hands it over to his brother.

“You should be good at this. Brother, please.’

 

Minhyun senses Sungwoon turning around and he quickly resumes scanning the faces of the prisoners.

“Crown Prince! What are you doing, not listening to my orders! Come up, you are not supposed to be down there!”

 

They even called The Emperor, this place must be really important, what are they hiding?

 

“Prince! Please, you will get sick!”

Minhyun looks towards the stairs, then looks at Sungwoon who was willingly tying himself up with the chains.

 

“Please let my brother go. My mother really needs him.”

Minhyun looks at Sungwoon weirdly,

“You don’t want to go? Your mother might need you too.”

 

Sungwoon’s brother stares at Sungwoon, then glances at Minhyun, before his eyes advert to the ground. 

“Sungwoon.. He was picked from the slavery.”

 

Minhyun sees Sungwoon biting his lips then walking into the cell, 

“Mother won’t never need me. Now go.”

 

Minhyun nods, puts his hands behind his back and walks first, ahead of Sungwoon’s brother. The moment he walks out of the metal gates, swords were pointed behind him and the guards hurriedly escorted him away. The Emperor and Empress each grabbed one of his hands and dragged him away from the scene. He turns back just in time to see the guards fighting Sungwoon’s brother. He gasps before proceeding to yell at them,

 

“Hey! Let him go! Guards!-“

 

His mother shushed him quick, before whispering at a low voice,

“Shush, my son, he killed our patrol guards and stole our grains. He deserves to be killed.”

 

“He killed the guards and stole the grains?”

 

The Emperor stopped in place and turns to him,

“Yes, Crown Prince. Do not disrespect my orders like this again. He would’ve killed you and we wouldn’t know. Are you feeling alright? Do you need the imperial physician?”

 

“I’m alright. Don’t worry.”

 

----

 

Minhyun lies on his bed, it's been three days since he last saw that weird guy who willingly exchanged his life for his brother's. Curiosity got him, and he scurried up, pulling his robes on and getting out of his quarters.

 

"Your Majesty, where are you going? It's dangerous to be out here so late!"

 

Attendants and guards, along with palace maids ran after him as he brisk walks across the bridge in the palace. He stops abruptly before saying,

 

"That's why you are with me. Your job is to protect me so do it well."

 

His attendant bows his head and apologises, before scurrying after Minhyun as he makes his way towards the dungeon.

 

-

 

"I'm sorry, The Emperor gave orders for us to do all we can to stop you from going in, Prince."

 

Minhyun sighs for the umpteenth time, before he turns to look at his personal guards. 

 

"If i say i want to get in, will the guards help me fight?"

 

His guards look at him shocked,

 

"Ma- Majesty! We can't do that. It's fighting against our own people."

 

"Useless."

 

Minhyun looks at the prison guards, wrecking his brain on how to outwit them. Think, come on!

 

"I sent him there. I put him in there to exchange for his brother. Isn't that a reason for me to go down? He is technically mine, I'm in charge of him. If the guards don't want me going down, then bring him up to my quarters. You choose, since i obviously can't have my own stand in this."

 

He puts his hands be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter