ACT III.- Ascent

Rebel Act
Please log in to read the full chapter

IV

El Aguante

In the last few months they had prepared everything, including a plan not only for attack, but a backup plan for anything, Seungri thought, as he watched how the people crowded around him, ready to listen to him, as was already known, at least under the upper class, the intentions of the president's son were to take the place of the president himself. At first he had been afraid, it was too risky, he told himself, but the earth dragons had too much faith in him and a part called moral obligation, made him follow the rigorous strategy of listening and persuading people to support him and his "candidature", even if the high commanders and tycoons didn't know about that so-called "plan of attack", since their heads were full of the supposed "war" that he knew now, it was very unlikely to happen, so they had an advantage, although that didn't prevent him from still, feeling nervous even if he was convinced of what he should do.

Jiyong was always there to support him, guiding him and taking him to the right places, he didn't know if he was doing it to make sure everything was done well or if he really only liked to have control, Seungri didn't really care about it, he was very pleased to have him there, always giving him words of support and at certain times where they could be alone, congratulating him for his courage and still be there, maybe it was too absurd but that made Seungri feel genuinely happy, making him to tried to do better every single time to keep receiving his attention and praise.

Today was an important day, today they would finally launch the bomb against the government of the country and the universal council, those who decided everything, today, they, had been able to got the support of more than 70% of the population to change the president, to appeal with all pf the law, of whether, if they were being properly ruled. They finally were to be heard and that made not only Seungri proud, but all the earth dragons, who had fought and waited anxiously for a long time.

—If you become president, you will not be like your father? — That was a recurring question, Seungri looked sadly into the fearful eyes of the person who asked and sighed, it was natural to think that so, after all, Seungri was still his son, then he came over and smiled quietly.

—I want to fix it, I want to do things right, I'm a different person from him, I'm only interested in people, in you, not what the politicians  says and what the council believes is correct, which sincerely don't have use— He could see how everyone's eyes shone, believing him and somehow trusting him, Jiyong, who was on his right side, patted his shoulder before speaking.

—This is the opportunity we were looking for— He seriously started —Seunghyun is a good man and is what we need now to be able to get ahead, for our nation to move forward— The words of the leader made his heart beat —I have witnessed him in the front row, as well, several other people, I assure you he, will be a great president.— Jiyong's fingers fell until he touch his hand, with a soft and somewhat shy touch, Seungri simply stood still not wanting Jiyong to walk away, though he could not help but smile more broadly. —Everyone turn on your TV tonight and wait to see the news— He said finally, before dismissing them from the group of people who nodded happily, Jiyong for his part let his fingers interlock.

And as they walked away, he could not help thinking how much everything would change from now on, about his father's reaction, about the council's reaction, and whether everything would turn out well, Seungri could feel the weight of his now, responsibility, to press him lightly on his chest, he didn't want to disappoint anyone, much less the leader who seemed above all, have greater confidence in him.

____♦____

The sepulchral silence that filled the room was an obvious sign of the confusion and surprise of all present, Seungri had not doubted nor a second, from the moment he had entered, to make clear his intentions. It was then that his eyes met those of his father, who looked at him surprised and speechless, almost as if he could not believe that his son, his own son was doing that, Seungri didn't flinch, he, instead straightened up, sure of what he was doing, there was no turning back and he definitely was not thinking, going back.

—Seunghyun, son— He said as he walked toward him, his hands shaking and his lips smiling in a kind of nervous grimace, Seungri didn't even blink, although inside he felt a strange feeling of discomfort. Was this the father to whom he some time had admired? —What are you doing?— He ask doubtfully, almost as if he were hoping it was all a bad joke.

—It's all about the people, father, that's what I'm doing— Everyone in the room seemed not to know what to do, those fat, immense bodies of the tycoons sitting around the table, watching each other, while the great screen showed, the face of the council chairman carefully observing the conversation between the father and son.

—Stop talking nonsense, Lee Seunghyun!— Hee said, still nervous, incredulous and anxious, he could almost feel the trembling of his body.

—I'm being completely serious, I want to take protest and possession of the presidency, Lee Dong Gun— For a second the face of his father was hurt, not fully understanding what happened, almost as if he did not recognize his son, something that had happened to Seungri that day, when he had returned after seeing the truth.

—You know the laws, the only way to proceed with your request is to have the approval of more than 70% of the population—  Speak calmly the head of the council, as he dropped his face in his entwined hands, for a second his eyes seemed to shine with interest, telling Seungri that the council should be the same or worse than the government of his country.

—And I have it.— He approached while showing the papers that proved that, in front of the large number of eyes that were on him in the big room, he could almost feel the fear of all present and the questions of "What?" And How?" Resonate in their heads.

—The council will analyze your petition and give a verdict tonight.— The council head replied in amusement, finally, before ending the communication, creating a hostile and cold environment around him. It was then that his father without Seungri realized, approached him to slap him hard.

—How could you my son do this to me?!— He shouted, while Seungri looked at the ground somewhat surprised, it was the first time he had that kind of confrontation with his father.

—How can you do this to your people, father?!— He replied, annoyed, raising his face. —Your selfish, greedy, and interested desires are more important, right?! You have a whole mandate of neglect and people dying in poverty at your feet, but it seems that you are not interested in them at least, how do you pretend that I remain without doing

Please log in to read the full chapter