ACT II.- Bandage

Rebel Act
Please log in to read the full chapter

III

La Bala

Today, for the first time in Seunghyun life, he crossed the bars, with that name, were called to those imaginary lines that divided the different social classes, that marked the level of marginalization of the population, and he realized how strange that was, as he drove through the streets with his car, and watched the buildings become poor attempts at houses, he could not help feeling bad, he had never seen the other side of the city close up, and the view was not pleasant at all. Then he remembered the agreement he had with Taemin, about seeing himself in one of his "favorite" squares, and walking around the city, he had not hesitated to accept it, because, he really wanted to see him again and his initial idea didn't so bad at all. He also remembered the effort, it took to get out of the palace without being followed and without his father getting in.

—Sir, but we have to take care of you, it's our job— Bobby, one of his personal bodyguard, had been chasing him all over the place. —So it's our duty to accompany you— Behind him were Shindong and Jong Kook, his other two bodyguards, who looked just as rash as their coworker.

—Not this time.— He smiled. —Take it as a day off and I promise I will not discount the day, or anything like that, so you don't have to worry— The three looked at each other for a moment as if they were analyzing their words, before hesitatingly accept.

—Anyway, if you need anything, Mr. Lee, don't hesitate to contact us— Said Jong Kook, the most muscular of the three, and who was strangely the kindest.

—Thank you, but I'm not a child and I can take care of myself— he said finally, before walk away, leaving behind his worried guardians.

The memory faded as he parked and watched the man from afar, who, from the moment he met his eyes with him, left him breathless, with his short black hair and his cross-shaped pendant dangling from his ear, wearing slightly worn denim pants, a black shirt and military boots also quite worn, even from where he were standing, he caught some of his tattoos in his arms and on his neck, he was simply beautiful, with delicate but masculine features, making him doubt everything he had thought he wanted up to that moment.

He greet him with a smile when he get to his side and could see in his eyes a hint of emotion, as if he thought Seunghyun was going to fail his words, but he really didn't lie when he said he wanted to go out with him again.

—Welcome, Lee Seunghyun to my humble neighborhood— He said pointing to the place full of street stands and a small square with a kiosk in the middle, where people walked, Seunghyun admire everything for a moment, as the children ran with a ball in hands and like some others, smoked cigarettes, talking between them, the tired face of some old people who seated in silence and seemed to expect something, indeed this was a side that he didn't know of the city.

—It's really interesting ...— He confessed, he then, felt when Taemin stood beside him, smiling at the landscape, though his face turned serious for a moment as he looked at Seunghyun.

—It does not bother you? I made you come here ... — He began to say, somewhat insecure, as if it really was a possibility.

—Why I would be bother? I admit that, I had never come here, but seriously it is interesting, right now I wonder why I had never crossed the gates, even being the president's son, I feel a little embarrassed— Seunghyun meditate for a moment before smiling at Taemin, he only hum in response, as if he were thinking of something, before taking a deep breath and starting to walk, without hesitation Seunghyun followed, still admiring everything around him.

They walked side by side, the cold air fof november hitting their faces, while the afternoon fell on them and people gradually disappeared from the streets, Seunghyun felt a strange feeling, although he admitted that it made him happy to be next Taemin's other part of him could not help feeling worried that he had really ignored everything he was seeing until then, even though his father was in charge of the nation, he was still his son and somehow he should also see for the sake common, he should be an example, but on the contrary, little or nothing he really knew the people who lives in their country and make him wondered constantly, what he had done all that time.

—Why you decided to be a reporter— Seunghyun asked, wanting to focus his attention on the man at his side.

—I'm not really a reporter— confess Jung, without looking at him —That night someone did me the favor of letting me in the party— Seunghyun watched him as they walked, his hands were in his pockets.

—What?— He ask him in dismay, slowly understanding what he had just said and stopping his steps.

—I wanted to meet you— He confessed, looking at the sky. —I was curious and had many doubts about it.— Seunghyun was not sure, of what Taemin was talking about, so he just stared at him confused. —I wanted to talk to you because I wanted to see if you were the same, like your father— Seunghyun opened his mouth, unable to say a word, blinking to try to understand what Taemin was saying —But I see that you are different— He said looking at him out of the corner of his eye, before turning around and staying face to face —Seunghyun I want to show you something— He took his hand and Seunghyun could see how long and thin his fingers were, how rough and callous his hands were, it was a feeling he liked to feel, without thinking much he interlace their fingers and let Taemin guide him .

Holding hands, they walked a few streets and came to a place with a full view of the city, where several indigent people were sitting and lying on the floor, barely covered by cartons, several of them looked sick, several of them had children and the image created a great impact on him, because in truth they were a big group, they were hardly illuminated by an improvised bonfire in the center.

—I know your father will not listen to us, he will not even give us a second look, but you gave me a chance and I want to take advantage of it, I want you to look around you, I want you to look at the people and the buildings— Everything seemed to fall apart, the difference between the lights where the modern buildings stood, indicating the rich part and the houses almost in ruins, indicating the marginalized part, created a confused image, it was the first time he realized and he could not help feeling guilty again, why he had never realized that? —Tell me, tell me if these men, women, and children can go to war, tell me if going to war solves our problems of poverty, our social inequality or if it will really give all these people a better life— He point out, Seunghyun felt that for the first time he saw the whole picture, the other not so pleasant part that all tried to hide, he could now understand the anger he had seen in Taemin's eyes at the party, when they first met, when he talked about the war, why he had defended his points in such a way.

Seunghyun was speechless, reflecting on his words, watching a little girl crying with hunger, while the little fire coming out of the fire hardly served to warm something, while some coughed and others drowned their misery in cheap alcohol.

—What are wars for Seunghyun?— He expect some kind of response from him, even though he couldn't say anything else— I'll tell you— Continue —To satisfy the morbid of the rich and to impoverish the poor more, to make them more miserable, you can say what you want, what you have been convinced in your private school with a ceiling, desks and uniforms, but what my eyes see and what I live day by day tells me that we could not last a single day out there, why spend millions on new weapons if it can be used to improve education, health services, streets, lighting?— Seunghyun was no longer sure, bwhy he believed in that war, who had convinced him tha was "right", though somewhere in his brain, could hear a voice say: your father.


—Why? Why do you think I could make a difference?— He ask suddenly, understanding little by little what Taemin seemed to want from him, he was not even sure what to do now with all that amount of information, it seemed that everything he had believed until that m

Please log in to read the full chapter