chapter 9

the guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

warning : this story has not been yet being in the process of proofreading. 

Jaehyun and the rest come back from their hiding after the sunset. He senses it is too quiet for his liking. Like it is far from what he is accustomed to their surrounding. He glances at Johnny. 

“So, everyone…” he claps and gains all the attention from the vampires, “let’s prepare of ourselves because tonight super moon will come out fully and we’ll regain the immortality we always yearn.” 

The crowd coos at him, applauding over the good news. Well—for now. 

“Let’s meet again and we’ll see the honourable guardian to be part of us and letting us to get his pack.” 

The crowd gradually shatter to their way, while Johnny and Jaehyun still take a glance, trying to get their way on Joshua’s tower. They are curious what the guardian aims for.  They decide to follow the path where leading them to where they put him in a custody. All the lighter hang on the wall, it only gives a little light. The atmosphere is calm. But they feel something is going wrong. However they can not figure it out, since they don’t know which they should investigate. 

Soon after they arrive in front of the room, they turn the knob, revealing Joshua is on the bed, put Jeonghan inside his embrace as they are wrapped by his robe and the blanket. The duo vamps simply exchange glance and transform themselves into two bats hanging on the ceiling. 

The moon is starting to get higher and place right above them. The vamps already have gathered in the middle of the castle, been there to enjoy the moonlight showering upon them, as well waited for the guardian. The hunter too. Likely, they wait for two of them doing a show. Meanwhile the pair of human are still in a deep slumber, so are the bats. 

A female vamp come, intruding the untroubled sleeping. Make the bats awake, Johnny and Jaehyun instantly transform themselves back into a human form. Gritting their teeth at that woman. 

“You shouldn’t come to this place!” Johnny hisses. 

The female smirks. 

“If only you do a good job, also not letting them to starve.” Jaehyun drops his head low. 

“Please forgive your humble servant, Miss,” he speaks low. The female snorts. “Wake them up, I will wait you both to do that job. He is the intermediary. The special one for the special one.” 

Both of them bow down as the woman get off from the sight. After that Jaehyun put on a condescending smile. 

“Look like someone lose his chill in front of a woman,” he snares. 

Johnny glares. “Mind your own business, don’t pretend to be nice.” 

Jaehyun merely shrugs, darting his eyes away from Johnny and move quickly to get Joshua up. Because he has to fulfil his task for them. 

The guardian looks up to the sky, searching for the portent of his death. Probably the chaos among the vamps he seeks for. Joshua smiles as he finds the moon shining brightly at this night, unusual from the other nights he has been waiting for. Jeonghan is by side, however he looks so different. Especially the stare he has right now. It is lifeless staring before the crowd. He holds the bow in his hand while the arrow on the other hand. He grips it too tight. Joshua can see the blood vessel and how the blood rushing vast as they are going to start the show. 

“Ladies and gentlemen…” Jaehyun hails all the attention to pay heed on him. They are in awe by seeing the living guardian before them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter