Chapter 6

Nobody, not even the rain

 

"Okay so… like… I’m sorry or something…"

‘That’s pathetic, you’re pathetic Chanwoo.'

“I’m ing trying…"

‘What about I just go there and don’t talk to him? Or anyone, for that matter.'

“What about you get your together!” He raised his voice to himself, taking both hands to his face and squishing his cheeks.

‘What if I use aegyo? That could work…'

“No…no, that’s embarrassing."

The closer he was to the store, the more anxious he got, and he was pretty ing close.

‘This is going to be so awkward, I will die. I will die, there’s just no way around it! I’m gonna die out of awkwardness!'

‘What if… I just don’t go. He said he didn’t care...'

Sighing for the tenth time today, he paused in the middle of the sidewalk. Fortunately it was really early and there were very few people on the streets, so no one could see Chanwoo talking to himself or acting weird.

‘Okay, just- just walk in there like nothing happened… walk in there, chill… chillaxed… and greet everyone normally.

“I need a .” He saw the same parking lot from last time, so he quickly went there and sat, placing his backpack in between his legs and started looking for his cigarettes.

‘Why do I have so much useless in here? Gosh, it stinks like pot.'

Looking around a little more he finally finds the little box he was looking for, when he opens it he sees that only half of the contents were fags, the rest were all joints.

And it looked so good, it was so tentative to just smoke one right here but he didn’t want to up another day, so he chose a cigarette.

He took out his phone, it said it was 6:20 am, he tried to ignore it or he would be even more anxious so he clicked on the first notification he saw. It was his chat group. He laughed for a good couple of minutes until his was over, he took out another one and just sat there looking at the asphalt.

‘This is the day I die. Oh ! I forgot to ask for advice.” Reaching for his phone again he quickly typed his problem.

 

 

Hey guys i got something to ask u

or more like… advice i dont know just listen to me

Yeri-ah:

Sure, spit it out

Ok so like

i got high before work yesterday

and well

at work theres this guy thats really nice

Browny:

Prince charming?

No

Its another hyung, hes really nice and

treats me well

but hes angry at me cause i was high

i mean...

i was being a little i deserve it

And he told me 

Dont come tomorrow if u dont want

I dont care

And im like...

dying u know?

Browny:

lmao

Yoda (tzu):

Keke

well, you ARE really moody when high

Yeri-ah:

Now you feel awkward right?

SUPER

Like wtf do i do

Just walk in there like nothing happended?

I rather die

Kookie:

what if u actually like...

apologize?

Are you ing insane

Im already awkward on a daily basis

This would be the absolute worst

Besides i dont know if he will accept it!!

Kookie:

maybe u could offer him weed and get high together

two wrongs cancel each other lmao

Yeah uh

No

Yeri-ah:

When you get there you'll see if things are tense!

Just go with it <3

Yeah sense the atmosphere

Browny:

Yeah that makes sense

 

Chanwoo was so consumed in his conversation he didn’t notice when two known man were walking his way, they recognized the teen and started slowly walking towards it.

“Should we greet him? I feel awkward…"

“Why? It’s not like it’s your fault, hyung."

“No, no, no, let’s just pretend he isn’t there!” Jinhwan clinged to his friend’s arm and started pulling him away from the parking lot, but Hanbin was stronger and kept walking, dragging his hyung with him.

“You have to talk at some point. I mean… he’s here so that means he’s not quitting the job."

“I just don’t want to… I feel bad because of what I said to him."

“I told you a thousand of times it’s not your fault."

“Yeah but I didn’t want to sound so harsh…"

“He didn’t seem to mind, though."

“Junhoe-ah called me yesterday…” Jinhwan squished his friend’s arm a little tighter and started walking along, but very very slowly, making Hanbin slow his pace too. “Chanwoo said something like he was sad… Junhoe didn’t really go on much detail, you know him. But he also said he wanted to apologize to me… that’s why I feel awkward. Maybe we should wait for him at the store…"

Hanbin sighed and stopped his movements, turning around and walking again towards the sidewalk and making their way to the store.

On the other side Chanwoo was still texting with his friends, and the group chat was literally a mess.

NO BUT LIKE WHAT IF HE TELLS ME TO OFF AND DIE

Yoda (tzu):

He wont, chanu-ah…

Browny:

Kekeke now ur exaggerating again

 

He was getting more and more anxious as time passed and even though his friends gave him great advice, he was too scared to do any of them. Checking the time again it was 6:28 am.

‘ing hell ing hell ing hell ing hell.'

 

--

 

The time was 6:40, the two older males where behind the counter as always, Jinhwan tapping his fingers furiously on the surface while looking at the automatic door with squinted eyes.

“Why isn’t he here yet? Maybe something happened to him! I’ll go look!” He was ready to sprint out of the door when Hanbin held him by his shoulder, keeping him in place.

“Relax, hyung, you’re too tense. I’ll go, you stay here.” Hanbin quickly went outside, jogging over to the parking lot, he immediately spotted Chanwoo there with his knees pressed over to his chest and his forehead right on top of his knees. He couldn’t help but let out a soft chuckle, walking slowly towards the kid.

“Hey.” The younger instantly lifted his head, then looked down again. “You’re late, you know?"

“Hm."

“I’m gonna have to bring you by force then.” He bent down and grabbed Chanwoo by his waist and lifted him up and putting him on his shoulder, enjoying all the screaming and kicking from the younger. Chanwoo’s hat had fell to the ground so Hanbin bent down a little and reached for it. All this while Chanwoo was seriously trying not to yell in ing agony because his worst bruise was pressed tightly against his hyung’s bony shoulder. It hurt so ing much but he only bit his lip, breathed in to get himself together, and then tried acting cool.

“Put me down!"

“Shush, shush, it’s okay.” He patted the teen’s playfully, earning yet another yell, this time acompained with a blush. He gave up and let himself be carried, trying to accommodate so his bruises hurted less. There was a short silence while Hanbin walked very slowly towards the store again. “I know you think he’s still angry, but he’s not, don’t worry."

“I’m not worried!"

“Okay, sure.” Another silence, Chanwoo just kept feeling the blood coming to his face but now he didn’t know if it was from embarrassment or because the blood was literally going all to his face. “He’ll try to seem angry at first but that’s only because of his pride, so don’t be scared and just apologize."

They arrived at the doors, Hanbin let Chanwoo down and went in first, the younger following nervously while rubbing his belly.

Jinhwan’s head whips up at the sound of the automatic door and immediately puts on his serious face, but God, is he relieved.

“So you came.” He crossed his arms and glared at the teen profusely, Hanbin smiled in amusement at how serious Jinhwan could act even if it was just a minute ago that he was freaking out.

Chanwoo approached the counter shyly, dragging his feet and looking down slightly, only when he was in front of his hyung, he lifted his face.

“Yeah, uh-“ He was feeling so ing awkward again, even after what Hanbin told him the angry stare of his tiny hyung made him feel so sad. “I’m sorry, hyung…about yesterday... I wanna keep working here and-and I promise I won’t come high anymore…"

“Nor drunk.” The elder stated, still coldly.

“Nor…drunk.” Chanwoo hesitated while saying this, making Jinhwan raise an eyebrow. “Nor drunk!” The younger exclaimed this time.

The shorter guy sighed and looked down, relaxing both of his arms and leaving them on the counter.

“So am I forgiven?"

“No, not yet.” Of course that was a lie, Jinhwan was more than happy with that apologize and he was feeling a lot less awkward and anxious, he just worries about the kid and also wants him to adquire some responsability, especially now that he will be entering university this year. He looked up at the younger and to his surprise, the kid was pouting. He swears he tried, oh, he tried so hard not to smile at the cute scene of this huge baby pouting, with his doe eyes, messy black hair that only made him look more cuddly, but well, he failed. “No, you’re not forgiven, now go change.” He said with a half smile, still trying hard to contain it.

“But hyung~” , this kid was great at aegyo, his voice was cute and his lip pushed even farther, blinking cutely down to his hyung.

“Nop.” But Chanwoo wasn’t going to give up, oh no.

“Please, please, please, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” He continued to whine cutely to his hyung, who was laughing out loud by now, trying to escape from the younger’s aegyo.

“Aish! Fine!” But it was no use, his aegyo was too powerful and the elder gave up, reaching his hand up to ruffle the younger's hair. “Now go change, okay?” Chanwoo just smiled, a really wide and genuine smile and Jinhwan was almost left in awe, the kid might not be the purest or the nicest but he was still just a kid, and the way his big eyes almost dissapeared and those cute puffy eye bags appeared and a small dimple was seen in his full cheeks, it was seriously a sight to remember. Chanwoo left and Jinhwan chuckled again, leaning in the counter and looking over at his coworker and friend.

“You better?” Hanbin inquired while going over to stand next to his hyung.

“A lot better."

 


The texts are sloppy cause im tired alright forgive me

Have a nice weekend <3