Getting Closer?

Café Wanna One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon was having an off day in dance class. Reason? Bae Jinyoung. Now that he knows his Jinyoung is in the same dance class, all he did was stare at the boy while he danced or at least try to because Jihoon is top of the class and as a result always put in the front row.

 

“Hey Jihoon, knock out of it,” Woojin hit Jihoon on the shoulder lightly. “Stop staring at the back and messing up. Professor Hwang was already annoyed with us for not coming early like we usually do. I know your little whipped can’t stand looking away from that boy for longer than five seconds but come to your senses, we’re in class so it’s time to focus.”

 

“Alright,” Jihoon agrees. He doesn’t know why he keeps staring at Jinyoung. Even at the café, he has a little more self control than this. It’s just the way Jinyoung moves. He’s never seen someone who flowed so well with the music but followed the choreography almost precisely at the same time.


Before he knew it, he was staring at Jinyoung who was a few rows behind him. ‘Ah why isn’t he in the front row? It’d be so much easier to look at him that why too,’ Jihoon thought as he accidentally made eye contact with Professor Hwang’s menacing eyes which sent shivers down his spine. He quickly got back to practicing. Professor Hwang Minhyun was one of the top dance teachers at the school and was known to punish slackers terribly. Jihoon has seen his wrath on multiple occasions where he punishes Seongwoo and Daniel, who took Hwang’s higher level dance classes, for slacking off which is expected from them.

 

When class ended, everyone flooded out of the dance room. “Park Jihoon, stay back for a sec,” Professor Hwang said with a stern voice.

 

“Good luck pal,” Woojin gave Jihoon a pat on the back before proceeding to leave with everyone else.

 

“What was that today?” Professor Hwang asked him right as the last person left the dance room.

 

“Sorry I was a bit unfocused today… I was just stressing about chemistry and-”

 

“It’s Jinyoung isn’t it?”

 

“W-what? What about him?”

 

“Come on Jihoon. You turned around and stared at him every couple seconds. I’m sure the whole class noticed.”

 

“What! Do you think he noticed too?” Jihoon said with a panicked voice.

 

“No because he was focusing on dancing which everyone should have been doing.”

Jihoon stayed quiet feeling guilty.

 

“Look Jihoon, falling in love is fine but don’t let it get in the way of your school work. Remember why you’re here,” Professor Hwang lectures him.

 

“Yeah I know…” Jihoon looks down.

 

“Remember, the next dance tournament is in three weeks and you and Woojin are representing me as a teacher. Don’t slack off,” Professor Hwang said sternly.

 

“Got it,” Jihoon said quickly, not wanting to upset him anymore.

 

“Don’t be too stressed though. You can’t dance well if you’re stressed,” Professor Hwang gave him a pat on the back. Though he could be scary sometimes, it’s just because he wants to make sure his students don’t slack off and succeed. He’s always been the caring type whenever he wasn’t being scary.

 

“Alright professor. I’m gonna head out now and also about before, I’m not in love with him. It’s just a little crush,” Jihoon said.

 

“Uh kid I’ve never seen someone as whipped as you were today.”

 

“Come on not you too! I thought I could count on you to be an adult and not tease me!”

 

“Well Jihoon, that’s Daniel’s job. And come on, I’m not that much older than you guys anyways. I literally graduated when Daniel and Seongwoo were freshmen. You can literally call me hyung,” he said. “Which you won’t, especially not in the classroom,” Professor Hwang quickly adds when he saw Jihoon’s eyes light up.

 

“Whatever… I’m heading out now professor. See you next class,” and with that Jihoon bids the professor farewell and exits the dance class.

 

As he steps out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter