Jihoon's Newfound Love for Coffee

Café Wanna One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a hot summer day, Jihoon exits his chemistry class sweaty and worn out. Due to lack of motivation and an abundance of bad influences from upperclassmen, he failed to pass the chemistry class the previous quarter and now must retake if he hopes to advance onto the next year.

 

He was ready to rush home and study when his phone vibrates. He looks to see that he got a text from Seongwoo hyung, one of the bad influences.

 

Seongwoo: JIHOON! There’s a new café that just opened on campus. Wanna check it out with Daniel and I?

 

Jihoon sighs. He’s had enough of the hyungs dragging him out everyday or every time that he wants to get some studying done. But coffee does sound good right now. “No Jihoon, you have to study if you want to actually pass this time,” he says to himself.

 

Jihoon: Hyung, I can’t today. I have to study if I don’t want to fail yet again.

 

He puts his phone away but it quickly vibrates again.

 

Seongwoo: Come on Jihoon! Don’t be such a party pooper. Coffee is going to help keep you awake to study anyways.

 

‘Seongwoo hyung does have a point,’ Jihoon thought to himself.

 

His phone vibrates again.

 

Seongwoo: If you come, coffees on me today but you better get there before I order!

 

‘I guess they don’t call them bad influences for nothing…’ Jihoon thought before shooting a text to Seongwoo.

 

Jihoon: Alright I’ll come. What’s it called and where is it?

 

Seongwoo: Yass that’s my boy. Café Wanna One in Birch Hall at West Campus. See you there my little dongsaeng.

 

Jihoon closes his phone and quickly makes his way over. After about a five minute walk, he enters the café.

 

“Jihoon over here!” He hears a familiar voice. It’s Daniel hyung sitting at one of the tables. Alone. Much to his surprise Seongwoo hyung is late, as always.

 

“Seongwoo hyung is late again!” Daniel complains.

 

“And he made me think I was gonna be late,” Jihoon mutters before taking a seat next to Daniel.

 

“Where is that boy? He promised me free coffee if I came but I got physics in like half an hour and I can’t be late again, especially not because of him.”

 

“What? He promised you too?” Jihoon asks. ‘Well of course he would,’ Jihoon thought to himself. Seongwoo’s love for Daniel is well known throughout campus by everyone but the very dense Daniel himself.

 

Thirty minutes later, there was still no sign of Seongwoo and as a result, Daniel had to leave even if it meant not getting his coffee.

 

“Bye Jihoon-ah! Tell Seongwoo he owes me more than a free coffee for making me wait this long,” Daniel waved goodbye. ‘Uh oh Seongwoo hyung ain’t going to be getting any action with Daniel any time soon.’

 

“Bye hyung!” Jihoon waved back. He decides to take out his textbooks and begin cramming for the next chemistry test. Better than doing nothing while waiting for Seongwoo.

 

After about another thirty minutes, Seongwoo finally shows up, acting like nothing was wrong.

 

“Is Daniel late?” Seongwoo asked.

 

“No hyung, you’re an hour late! Daniel hyung left for class already!” Jihoon yells.

 

“What do you mean? I told him to get here when your class ended at 11:30.”

 

“My class ends at 10:30 hyung.”
 

“Oh shoot! Then I gotta get to Daniel!”

 

“What do you mean! What about me?”

 

Seongwoo throws Jihoon a 5 dollar bill. “Sorry Jihoon, I gotta go, hyung will treat you to something else later!” Seongwoo says before dashing off probably to Daniel’s class.

 

Jihoon groans before getting up to order a drink. He stands slightly away from the counter so he looks at the menu. Once he decided, he made his way to the register to order.

 

“Hi I’ll have the caramel macchia-” Jihoon is stopped mid-sentence as his eyes make contact with the most marvelous face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter