Digging for Dirt

Café Wanna One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a typical night for Guanlin. He had just finished washing up and will now head to bed where he will relax after a tiring day at school filled with Korean grammar errors.

 

Suddenly, he heard a loud bang at his front door followed by several frantic knocks.

 

‘Who could it be at this hour?’ Guanlin thought to himself. His parents were out of town for the week so he was a bit scared to see who was at the door. He tiptoes to the door as quietly, or as not loud as he could with his long flimsy legs.

 

He looks through the peephole to find a furious Jihoon who looked like he was about to pop a vein any second.

 

“Hyung? What are you doing here?” Guanlin asked confused as he let Jihoon in.

 

“Guanlin you would not believe what happened today! Remember that cute barista from Café Wanna One that I told you about? Well today some little blonde ferret was all over him today. Like can you believe that?” Jihoon continues to go on with his complaints about the little boy, throwing in a lot of profanity that Guanlin’s innocent little ears tried to filter out.

 

After about a good ten to fifteen minute rant, Jihoon finally stops to catch his breath. “Okay hyung that’s terrible that that happened but um why are you here?”

 

“Because Guanlin, I need you to find out information on this kid. You’re the best internet stalker that I know!”

 

“Hyung, I don’t do that anymore. You remember what happened last time. They said the next time I get caught, I will be expelled and that won’t look good on my college apps.” Guanlin had a history of internet stalking to find the latest gossip on all of his classmates. No one at his school or within a twenty mile radius, was safe. Guanlin was only in high school but he has enough dirt to fill ten pastures.

 

However, due to one incident involving a little snitch named Yoo Seonho exposing his identity to the school principal, he was forced to stop his shenanigans.

 

“It’s only one time and you won’t get caught. I promise you!”

 

“No hyung, I can’t risk it.”

 

“Please Guanlin, pleaseeeeeeee,” Jihoon continued to beg.

 

‘No, I must not give in,” Guanlin thought to himself as he remained silent.

 

“Pretty please, Guanlin. I thought I was your favorite hyung. I guess not anymore,” Jihoon said but Guanlin saw the guilt trip coming and he was ready for it. He continues to stay silent and look away.

 

“Fine Guanlin. You give me no other choice but to use-” Jihoon pauses and brings his mouth closer to Guanlin’s ear before whispering, “the secret weapon.”

 

“Hyungggg you know I can’t deny you when you do it.” Now it was Guanlin’s turn to whine.

 

“You leave me no choice Guanlin. I must.”

 

Jihoon brings both his hands up to his face, molding his fingers into a three hand gesture before looking straight into Guanlin’s eyes.

 

“Kuku Kaka.”

 

A silence fell upon them. Guanlin was surprisingly not affected.

 

“Um earth to Guanlin. Did my aegyo powers really mess you up that much. Say something.”

 

“Uh no hyung I’m perfectly fine. I am just trying my best to not cringe uncontrollably.”

 

“I can understand you cringing but what do you mean you’re perfectly fine. That was cute as .”

 

“Well it sure didn’t affect me the way you wanted it to.”

 

“What happened to you Guanlin, you used to love this stuff.”

 

“You’ve peaked hyung. Your aegyo just isn’t the same anymore.”

 

“Whatever Guanlin. Are you going to help me or not.” Seeing Jihoon act so different from his usual calm self and putting so much effort into this, Guanlin knows how important this must be to him. College is overrated anyways.

 

“Yeah but just this once hyung.” Jihoon was ecstatic.

 

“Thank you so much my favorite dongsaeng! I will be sure to buy you tons and tons of whatever the heck you like.”

 

Guanlin leads Jihoon into his room where he grabs his laptop.

 

“I need a name hyung. I can’t just look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter