Chapter One - The Rise of A King preview

King of Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter One The Rise of a King Day One " I don't like when people test my patience." A grunt of uncomfortable pain came from the man's lips as his body smacked against the back of the wooden chair. " Isn't that right, Kim Jongdae."

Kim Jongdae spoke no words as he straightened himself correctly in order to save his dignity. His eyes bored into the assaliant that had struck him and the other's that watched silently from behind his shoulders. The click of heels could be heard as the male with jet black hair, onyx eyes, and a chat-shire grin so sinister it made warriors fall upon their knees. approached. " Where is she-" The phrase was more of a demand than a question. Jongdae watched as the man slowly, tauntingly circled him like a predator sizing up it's prey.

Kim Minseok, a man of many talents was enjoying Jongdae's struggles against the hold that was keeping him placed in the chair. He simply ignored his failed attempts at escaping as he scanned the dull kitchen area, lifting a picture frame of his desired target. "-It is of no use brother. Some things you can't control -" Jongdae whimpered as pain struck through his spine in wave lengths causing him to still instantly. "- and one of them is Luhan."

Luhan, the very man Jongdae dreaded seeing.

In over 400 years, he never believed he would see the cold corpse by the name of luhan standing in his presence. His icy, white hair was sleek and his dowy eyes that masked his true form looked upon him in boredom as he leaned against the kitchen fridge, hands in pockets. " You see, brother. I am not the only one that is concerned." Minseok tried to reason, but the sound of glasses shattering against inpenetrable skin. Minseok didn't bat an eyelash at his brother's behavior.

" Never try to conceal your twisted plans and fantasy, by pretending to be concerned for her well being." The shards of glasses shedd gacefully from his fisted hand and onto the chair's ledge. The bugundy rum color appearing before his eyes as he struggled to control the rage and hatred for his brother deep inside. Minseok huffed at how he brother was easily emotionally compromised by just his mear presence.

" It seem's we should be." A voice that was calm and smooth like velvet, yet firm replied. A figure that was the most resonable decided it was time to meddle between the bickering brothers. " The Council believes that it is time to return her back home. Her true home. You knew the terms of the agreement, this was only temporary."

" You call 17 years temporary." Jongdae laughed bitterly.

" Temporary meant as long as the princess was in danger. The war is over. She can come home now; to us."

" The battle may have been won, but the war is not over." He spat. Yixing sighed in content as he decided that Jongdae was indeed a lost cause. He understood his point of view. He had raised her as any normal human child to save her from the destructive path of the Vampire, because ignorance is bliss."

" We are taking her." That was all minseok said as he silently walked over towards the others. Luhan, Sehun, and Yixing followed suit of the eldest brother without a fleeting glance back."You can not stop me. You can not command me. You can not compell me. You will not win this battle. I am her creator and you are just a puppet. She will follow me until the ends of time. Nothing here will satisfy the need she has for me - for us and that will never change.So, I suggest you stay out of my way."

Kim Jongdae did not want to come to terms with the fact that every last one of them was correct. Their words ringing more in tune with reality. His thouht was illogical. Theirs were for the best, but he still couldn't find the strength to acknowledge it, because as Yixing could understand.

Ignorance was bliss.

 

" I woke up out of the ether with an utterly abandoned feeling, and asked the nurse right away if it was a boy or a girl. She told me it was a girl, so I turned my head away and wept. 'All right,' I said, ' I'm glad it's a girl. And I hope she'll be a fool - that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.'"

" Everything that comes out of Daisy'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter