Chapter 3

Perplexity

Kai hurriedly placed the white ceramic bowl of pancake batter he was holding on the marble counter in the kitchen and dashed upstairs in a flash when he heard screams that sent cold chills down his spine as he recognised the voice of the person. His heart was racing wildly and tons of terrifying images flashed through his mind as he pondered about what happened to Krystal while running up the stairs. It was at a time like this that he began cursing his beloved spiral stairway for having so many steps that it took forever to reach the girl that was screaming in pain.

 

He began to shout frantically for Krystal but the loud volume of her screaming overpowered his voice, as though she had blocked out the world around her. In fact, she did. When he finally reached the hallways that lead to the room she was placed in, he found her shaking on the floor and leaning onto the walls for support. Rushing over to embrace her in his arms, he ignored the high pitched screaming and proceeded to speak softly in her ears, having recognised the situation as another of her panic attacks that occurred rather frequently.

 

Gently rocking her back and forth in his arms, the warmth and security that the embrace provided her allowed Krystal to calm down and slowly her head lulled forward to rest on his chest. The stable breathing and normal heart beat showed she had fallen fast asleep after exhaustion finally took over her consciousness and he gently hooked his right arm under her knees, carrying her bridal style back to the room he had specially decorated for her. 

 

After tucking her in bed, Kai sat at the foot of the bed where he traced her facial features with his eyes. He sighed. It was hard keeping secrets from her but he knew she would definitely freak out had he told her the truth from the start. In fact, she might have reported him to the authorities and he would have been captured and be experimented on. His friends had warned him before about the consequences of falling in love with her but he never knew that the situation could be way too complicated for him to comprehend what he needed to do next. 

 

A/N : Really sorry about the slow chapter plot, but I promise that the next few chapters will be better :)