Chapter 2

Perplexity

Krystal opened her eyes and rubbed them groggily while shifting to sit up on what seemed to be an incredibly soft bed that made her want to fall back on it and go back to sleep. However, alarms were going off in her head when she realised that there was no way her bed back at home would be this comfortable and she sprang up from the bed, her eyes slowly adjusting to the brightness of the room she was in. 

 

When her vision finally cleared properly, Krystal widened her eyes in awe as she took in the luxurious furniture that decorated the large room that seemed to be fit for a princess. Climbing off the comfortable bed, she padded across the brightly lit room in her bare feet to the white wooden door and twisted the golden doorknob, not knowing what to expect on the other side of the door. As she flung the door open nervously, she was hit in the face with the tantalizing aroma of bacon and fried eggs that seemed to waft from somewhere downstairs.

 

Krystal was about to follow the mouth watering smell that would lead her to her favourite food when it suddenly hit her that she didn't know how she got there in the first place. Where was Kai? Did he escape? Is he alive? Thoughts filled with worry for the most precious person in her life bombarded her mind and fear suddenly struck a chord in her. She remembered everything and she found herself physically shaking at the thought of Kai dead because she was sure she saw two wolves pouncing on the man before he had a chance to fire his pistol.

 

As she continued to worry for her other half, she found it extremely hard to breathe and her heart was pounding at a rapid rate that was definitely not normal for a human being. She knew what it meant. Panic attacks happen to her regularly when she gets too stressed or anxious and right now, she felt like dying. It seemed that even her body decided that if Kai wasn't alive, it didn't want to be left in this world anymore because the only person who truly cared for her had left the Earth.

 

It soon became too hard for her to try to stabilize her breathing on her own and she screamed out loud, trying to let out the pain constricted in her chest. Crouching on the hard marble floor of the dimly lit hallway, Krystal had closed her eyes while leaning on the pale beige walls and was in too much pain to see nor hear the thundering footsteps and the worried calls of a man running up the spiral staircase from downstairs.