Twelve Elements? *

Exo Planet: 4 Elements

A big yellow sun rises up in the horizon while its rays of light break through the dark skies… welcoming the summer time at Exo Planet; the moon quickly starts drowning in that distant line, saying its goodbyes until later.

The view used to be beautiful.

Used to be…

Now this view, the view of this bizarre blue sun only represents how fast this world is coming to an end.

Kyungsoo keeps the unmistakable frown on his face, joining his eyebrows together as he observes the sun bathing the crops planted on the only fertile section left on this land. Day by day, he watches them only to come to the conclusion that they still look the same.

They, for some unknown reason, just refuse to grow.

In a few days, this piece of land will dry out, making it unable to be used for cultivation ever again; and it won’t take long before the entire population of the Exo Planet dives head first into starvation mode.

A wave of warmth slowly gets closer from behind the Earth Exodorium until he feels a supportive hand on his right shoulder. “Kyungsoo…” the later looks back, his sad eyes meeting Chanyeol’s worried ones. “There’s close to no water left on the Growl River.”

Kyungsoo’s gaze travels back down into his own lap. That can only mean one thing. “Suho…”

“His condition is getting worse. We need to meet The Mama before it’s too late.” Chanyeol states pulling Kyungsoo up from his sitting position into a standing one.

The Earth Element replies with light nod.

Both colleagues walk together to The Mama Center, stopping midway to catch up with Sehun, the wind element, which happens to be the youngest on their four member group.

With being the essential elements to the Tree of Life, they get the privilege to see The Mama immediately without any kind of waiting time or appointment.

The three of them enter the main hall watching as the three members of The Mama crook an eyebrow at the fact that there’s a missing member among their group. Well… they get suspicious about everything really.

“Before you ask, Suho is sick. That’s why he’s not here with us.” Chanyeol speaks up, justifying the absence of their forth companion.

E, X and O.

The three owners of The Mama.

E, the leader. The one who provides the population with wisdom and motivational speeches (although most of them convince people to work their asses off for a poor amount of money); E is in charge of creating and changing the rules that keep the planet organized…or at least organized the way Mama wants it to be.

X, the fighter. Chosen among all the warriors in the galaxy. In charge of the special trainings that make the Elements grow stronger. Also in charge of dealing with the worst penalty available in the Exo Planet: death penalty.

O, the wise eyes of Exo. Last but now least, O is what you can call the brain of The Mama. No one really knows a lot about him. Only that he holds the record for most finished books in the shortest amount of time.

“What brings you here, children?” E breaks the pregnant silence coating the air of the small room.

The three Mamas sit comfortably in their high chairs. Their eyes don’t leave their paperwork for a second until impulsive Chanyeol goes straight to the point. “Suho is losing his powers and the Tree is dying. Kyungsoo can’t grow crops anymore and the sun is turning the weirdest shade of blue. I can’t even make it hot enough anymore.”

This time, O is the one settling his pen down and taking a look at the three Elements standing in front of them. “Elements…” he suddenly grabs their attention only to himself before standing up from his seat, leading the three young men to a different room. “Follow me.”

However, there’s no hint of surprise present on their faces.

It’s like they were expecting the news already.

The room next door has a different feel to it. The walls are covered with a giant map covered with the names and descriptions of all in planets in the SM Galaxy. In the middle of the empty area, stands the hologram of the Tree of Life, whose leaves are slowly falling and colors are gradually fading.

“Sit down where you are.” O commands and the three boys obey immediately, all of them proceeding to sit cross legged on the floor. “The tape you’re about to listen to, is the story of the Tree. Pay close attention to every detail, ‘cause you only get one chance of hearing it.”

The hologram starts rotating, and a robotic voice starts playing.

 

When the Exodorium race was united as one, and the Exo Planet was created, they created the Three of Life as well. A Tree that would nourish the powers of the twelve forces, guaranteeing the well-being of the entire planet, and the lives of the people peacefully live in it; a Tree with the role of keeping the elements in place, forcing them to work with their differences, creating harmony, and peace.

The twelve forces were divided into twelve different elements that complemented each other.

Without them… there shall be no Tree.

And without Tree, there shall be no Elements either.

The Tree and the elements will always work as one.

 

“Twelve? We are only four! What is the meaning of this!?”

“Shut up, Chanyeol. I want to hear it.” Kyungsoo replies and smacks Chanyeol’s head, causing the flame boy to hiss in pain.

 

Earth, responsible for growing crops and controlling nature. Without it, fauna and flora will be extinguished. It shall be strong and disciplined. This power was attributed to Do Kyungsoo.

Fire, responsible for taking care of the son, brightening up the days and blessing the planet with heat. Without this element, the world would be put into a permanent frost era. We expect it to be creative and spontaneous. We kindly offer this power to the Exodorium Park Chanyeol.

Water, the nectar of life. Essential to life and everything surrounding it. It carries the role of being a guardian and adapting to every other element, making sure they all stand together in the same ground and the same sky. A natural leader, wise and thoughtful. From the Kim family, this power was born with Suho.

Wind, the only element commanding the air. Strong winds affect the plants life both mechanically and physiologically, leading the crops to only suitable lands. It purifies the air, causing transpiration and forcing the plants to intake more CO2. It shall be as pure as a child but as smart as a god. The winds of change revolve around our kid Oh Sehun.

 

“I hope you are ready. We’ve been holding this secret for a really long time.” The O states before the robotic voice starts describing the unknown elements.

 

Teleportation, the messenger of the Exo Planet. Without it, no other planet will be aware of our existence. Without the other planet’s help, the Exo Planet won’t stand a chance in galactic wars that may appear throughout the years. It shall be flexible and responsible. Kim Jongin received this power since he was born.

Telekinesis. A power that’ll be used to prevent accidents and remove obstacles. We expect it to save many lives, and to be humble enough to work together with the remaining elements. The world will live in piece if this power is used correctly.  Xiao Luhan is the one worthy of carrying this gift.

Flight, the dragon element. It’ll bravely protect our skies in the shape of a beautiful dragon who will never be feared by our people. Personality of a leader, but capable of having a mind of his own. Kris Wu is the one we trust for this task.

Healing, good for the people, good for the Mama, good for the elements; Lay has the gift of healing people both physically and mentally. He’ll take good care of how nervous you feel before an important task, but also take care of your wounds afterwards.

Light, the power of an element attributed to Byun Baekhyun. While fire is responsible for the sun during the day, light should be able to illuminate the moon and carry us through the darkest nights in the Exo Planet. Light also symbolizes hope, so be prepared to never lose yours while you’re around this element.

Time Control; without this element controlled by Hwang Zitao, no other Exodorium will be able to control time. That would be a disaster. We wouldn’t be able to control how many hours we have in a single day, how many minutes create an hour or even how many seconds create a minute.

Lighting, responsible for controlling the storms during the winter; which is really important to create a balance between all four seasons during the year. It also helps with providing our daily need of the element nitrogen. Nitrogen is the third most abundant element in the human body, and it must be renewed continually. Even when there’s not a storm around, there should always be electricity in the air.

Frost, Kim Minseok’s element. News arrived to the Exodoriums that a distant located planet in the Milky Way Galaxy, is having problems controlling the astrosphere because of the lack of ice poles on that planet. We created this element to prevent that from happening in the Exo Planet. We expect Minseok to be able to take care of our coldest regions.

 

“G-Great O… What is the meaning of this?” Kyungsoo questions, his jaw close to hitting the ground. “I don’t understand…”  

“Well, my darling…” he walks away from the hologram and eyes the three elements in front of him. “We always thought that the remaining elements died during the second big war. Obviously, we were wrong. It looks like they received the gift of immortality, just like the four of you. They haven’t been active for over two centuries…so the tree is dying and we’re losing control of our planet.”

“What can we do to help?” Sehun asks; it’s their job to defend the planet after all.

“Well, my sons…You’ll have to reunite all the twelve elements, so you can rejuvenate the tree together.”

“How much time do we have, sir?” Chanyeol notices that the tree is going weaker and weaker each living second.

“According to our researches…the tree will die in a month.”

The last thing O is able to hear, is a collective gasp as the three elements storm out of the room to inform their leader about the current state of the Exo Planet.

It’ll be a long month…

 


 

* Hi everyone.

I'm sleep deprived and my puppies are trying to murder me.

Thank you for all your comments and upvotes.

I'll write the next update soon.

Write a comment before you leave! *