After The Rain Oneshot

After The Rain

When you're reading this, I recommend you to hear sad songs. Enjoy reading :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jaejoong prepared a romantic candlelight dinner for him and Yunho. Jaejoong decided to hold the dinner at a beautiful hill where they first met. It’s their 100th Day anniversary. Jaejoong asked Yunho to came at 8 PM, but Yunho came an hour later.

 

“Jae, sorry I’m late”

“It’s okay Yun, at least you came”

 

Yunho sat on the chair. So did Jaejoong. They ate while telling each other about their day.

 

“So Yun, how’s work today?”

“My boss gave me a headache. He always gave me hard tasks. He treats me differently from other workers. I think he hates me”

“Why? Have you done something wrong?”

“No, I don’t think so. But I’m used to it now. So Jae, how’s your day?”

“Today in the bakery I met an old lady. She resembles my grandma so much. I miss my grandma”

“Well Jae, you can take a vacation to go to meet her, right?”

“Yeah you’re right”

 

Suddenly Yunho’s smiling face changed into a serious one.

 

“Jae, I need to talk to you about something”

“Sure, Yun. What’s wrong?”

“I. . . Let’s break up”

 

When Jaejoong heard Yunho’s words, his heart shattered.

 

“What?”

“Let’s break up.”

“Why? Did I do anything wrong? Did I. . .”

“No, Jae. You didn’t do anything wrong. You did everything perfectly. My feelings for you . . . have disappeared. I just can’t feel love towards you like I used to”

“Yun, are you joking right now? Cause it’s not funny”

“Sorry Jae, but I’m not joking.”

“Since when do you feel like this?” Jaejoong said. His voice trembled. Tears are coming out but he held it in.

“A month ago”

“Why did you tell me those words then? Those promises . . . are lies. You told me you’ll never leave me and love me forever. So those words are meaningless? Did you tell those words to me just to make me happy?”

“I’m sorry Jae, but sadly it is.”

 

Jaejoong felt so sad and hurt as if his body were ripped apart. The pain is too unbearable.

 

“I’m going now.”

“Wait Yunho. Can you at least accept this present? It’s for you”

“Thank you Jae but I can’t take it”

“Yun, I just want you to know that I’ll love you forever. Even if I end up with someone else, my feelings will not disappear.” Jaejoong said. His eyes were red and he was shaking.

“Okay.”

 

Then Yunho left the place and his body is getting smaller as he walked away. He didn’t even look back. Jaejoong still sit on the chair. His tears came out, making his cheeks wet. Suddenly it was raining hard, but Jaejoong didn’t move. He was still crying. He didn’t know what to do. He felt that his world have crushed and he felt alone.

 

“Why are you doing this to me Yun?” Jaejoong said to himself.

 

Jaejoong thought that Yunho loves him as much as he does. Turns out he doesn’t. Jaejoong saw the wine bottle in the table. He poured he wine to his glass and drink it all. 3 hours have passed. The bottle is empty now. Then, Jaejoong’s phone rang. It was a call from Junsu. Jaejoong picked up.

 

“Jae-hyung, where are you?! I was worried about you! Can’t you at least call?”

“Junsu, what should I do?”

Junsu sensed sadness in Jaejoong’s voice

“What’s wrong hyung?”

“My heart . . . It hurts. What should I do? Should I go to a doctor?”

“Hyung, have you been drinking? Where are you now?”

 

Jaejoong ended the call. The rain was getting harder, but he’s still there. Still crying. He reminisced about the beautiful times with Yunho.

 

Flashback

 

“Jae, this is your birthday present. I hope you like it.”

 

Yunho said with a small wrapped box in his hands. Jaejoong took the box and opened it. Inside there’s a beautiful ring. Yunjae was carved on it. Jaejoong suddenly cried.

 

“What’s wrong Jae? You don’t like the present? I’m sorry, I should buy you another thing.”

 

“No . . . I really like it. These are tears of happiness”

 

“I’m glad you like it. You know Jae? I love you so much”

 

“Me too Yun”

 

“And you know that I’ll always be with you, right?”

 

“Yes Yun” Jaejoong smiled warmly at Yunho

 

Flashback ends

 

“I’m so stupid . . . I didn’t realize you’ve stopped wearing the ring. If I was smart enough, I should know that you don’t love me anymore . . .” Jaejoong said to himself. Jaejoong cried and eventually fell asleep there. An old lady who is the hill’s caretaker noticed that Jaejoong’s phone rang. He took the cellphone and pick up the phone. The caretaker tried to wake Jaejoong up but she failed.

 

“Where are you?”

“I’m sorry, I’m not the phone’s owner. The phone’s owner is currently unconscious.”

“What? Where are you now?”

“In xxx Hill”

“Oh okay, I’ll pick him up”

 

A few minutes later, the caller who turns out to be Junsu came and he saw the caretaker lady.

 

“Ma’am, thank you for staying with my friend”

“It’s okay. I’ve tried to wake him up, but he didn’t move a bit.”

“Okay. Thank you ma’am”

“You’re welcome”

 

The caretaker lady walked away. Junsu piggybacked Jaejoong and bring him to the hospital. He called Yunho.

 

“Yunho, Jaejoong is in the hospital now. You should come here”

“So, he hasn’t told you. We broke up yesterday. Anyway, I hope he will get better soon”

 

And Yunho hung up. Junsu was confused. Suddenly the doctor came out.

 

“Doctor, how is he?”

“He’s fine. He had fever, but we take care of that already. He can go home. You may see him now”

“Thank you doctor”

 

Junsu rushed into Jaejoong’s hospital room and he saw Jaejoong. Sitting on his bed, staring outside the window, looking lifeless.

 

“Jaejoong, what’s wrong with you?”

“Junsu, Yunho and I broke up. I’m so sad Su, I don’t know what to do.”

“Hyung, I know you’re broken, but you should do is forget about Yunho and move on. I’m sure someday you will find someone that you love, someone that’ll make you happy”

“Thanks Su”

“Jae, let’s go home.”

“Su, I’ll walk. You can come home by yourself. Believe me, I’ll be home”

“Okay hyung”

 

After that, Junsu and Jaejoong walked to the lobby and go separate ways. Jaejoong saw a snack stand on the street and he want to buy some. Jaejoong crossed the street and suddenly a car hit him. The driver got out from the car.

 

“Jae, are you alright?”

“Yun, thank you for being with me now. I love you.” Jaejoong said with a smile on his face, and suddenly that smile disappeared.

 

THE END. Thank you for reading :)