ORANGE

Then and Now (FALLING FOR YOU ONCE AGAIN)

 

Author's note: Thank you for all who subscribes to my story and to all readers hoping to see your comments down,  It's motivates me as well as inspire me to write even more..Hope you like  this chapter..

 

******************

 

Luhan was busily organizing things for his children’s meal in the kitchen together with Chef Chen when the Lord’s butler came to invite him to Lord’s residence. Luhan was delighted that he can meet the Lord aka his father-in-law on such a beautiful morning and he prepared some foods and organic extracts for the elder. As he walks to the Lord’s residence, he saw him cutting some parts of his bonsai in his vast garden. He told his butler to put the boxes in the dining room in which he will prepare afterwards. He slowly hops and approach the Lord’s to surprise him but, “Luhan-ah, I am not young anymore to play hide and seek with you” at that moment Luhan pouted and bowed politely to the elder. “Abeonim, why did you call me suddenly when you don’t want to play with me?” the elder let out a big sigh, “Aigoo, you haven’t change even a bit” the elder flicks his finger to Luhan’s forehead but instead of being agitated and mad, Luhan jump to hug the elder which he receive a light pat on his head. “Come, I have something to discuss with you” Luhan obliged and followed the elder inside the old house.

At the entrance you can see a two lion guard and in between is where a 2 flight of stairs that directed to the big door which welcome you to a more captivating interior. The mixture of modern and European artifacts that was displayed on each side of the room that blended to the native yet hard wood living room set makes Luhan feel at home. The Lord has the different collections of vases and jars made of transparent and colorful glass, clays and porcelain from different countries where the Great Lord has set his foot before but what Luhan’s favorite inside the residence is the large canvas that was hang at the center which shows the an image of an Angel who was trying to hold the hand of a Goddess.

The mere view of it exhibits different emotions and captivating beauty, according to the old story, the late Lord’s wife is the one who painted it, the Angel represents the creature of whom the Lord’s trusted and the Goddess in the human in whom the Angel fell in love with. There are other theories that the young Lord’s wife is the Goddess and the angel was the Lord’s itself but other said that it was only a myth in which the angel was the goddess guardian and after thousand years the story that the painting possess will be shown to the destined one.

No one knew who was it, at first, they thought that Luhan was the destined one but as the years passes, even Luhan wasn’t sure about it cause the first time he saw it is when Jisoo was just learning how to balance himself. It was all vivid to Luhan’s memory what happened that day, the Lord’s was really delighted that Luhan and Kris was having a heir even though the first born was a female yet the Lord was so happy that they invited them to the forbidden residence. Why it was forbidden? Because the Lord residence has so many memories with the elder generation as well as his wife, some of the members of the family believed that even though their ancestors and mother died, the Lord has the capability to talk to them whenever he wanted and the door inside the residence was only be opened to the visitors that the Lord’s permitted to enter.

 

 

JHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJ

 

 

Flashback

Jisoo was a young child and was extra clumsy while learning how to walk; Luhan who was persistent on teaching his child supported him at her back so that she wouldn’t fall on the ground and hurt. Kris and his father was talking in garden at that time, as Luhan keeps on following the young Jisoo, his senses change, he felt cold in his skin, a shivering one yet the room gave warm feeling at the same time especially when he look at his surrounding, he already know that the two of them should go out but Jisoo was crawling towards a canvas, he should bring Jisoo out but then Jisoo suddenly spoke, “Cheonsa.” Luhan who was dumbfounded asked Jisoo again to repeat it and his daughter repeated the same word again. At Luhan’s thought, Jisoo can’t even say “Papa” and “Daddy” yet he just blurted “Cheonsa?” Luhan was confused but he carried Jisoo in his arms and Jisoo pointed at Goddess creature and Luhan walk towards the image, Jisoo smiled and giggled and she said, “Soo-ah.” Luhan wouldn’t know what to do but to stare at young Jisoo as he caresses the image in front of them.

Luhan brought Jisoo back to his husband and father-in-law and tell the story on what happen inside the residence and the elder just calmly savor his tea and not commented about it. He observed that Kris holds Jisoo tightly who was seated on his lap and looks uneasy, he tried to calm Kris but as Luhan was about to hold Kris’ hand, his husband suddenly stand up and drag Luhan to leave. Luhan who wouldn’t know what to do keeps on apologizing and throwing thanks to the elder. The elder who was calm as ever just nodded and smile at him as Kris continue to increase his pace towards their car. After that day, Kris didn’t allow Jisoo to go back and visit his father. Luhan argued about it because what’s wrong on visiting the elder but Kris was firm to his decision and only told Luhan that it was for the better. Luhan tried to understand his husband but at the same time, he wants his child to be accustomed to his grandfather. He wants to be a great husband but he also wants to be a good son-in-law, he frequently bring Jisoo to the old residence without Kris knowledge with the help of the butlers. The elder love Luhan and Jisoo more, as time passes, the elder laugh often and even played with his grandson in the garden and with Luhan, they shared the same hobbies and interest which makes them closer than what he expected to be.

When Kris knew about it, he was so angry to Luhan’s action yet Luhan threaten him that if Kris would act that way, it is better for them to separate because he can’t accept a husband who can’t love his parents back. Kris told Luhan that it wasn’t that he didn’t like or respect his father but for the reason that he didn’t want Jisoo to carry the burden that he was supposed to carry which puzzled Luhan more.

 

Joshua already finished arranging his things inside the closet and already preparing himself to go out for dinner and meet his friend when someone opened the door. He was supposed to greet him first delightedly but stop on his track when he saw who was it. He’s so damn gorgeous EX-BOYFRIEND. He was supposed to be numb but he couldn’t stop himself to stare at him. Jeonghan always has a soft feature that makes anyone turn their head towards his direction for a second look and end up admiring him. He hair changes a lot, from a long faded lavender hair to a clean cut black hair, from slightly tan skin to fair skin color, he looks taller than the last time he saw him and lastly he looks more brighter, happier to be exact than before who always wears a gloomy look around him. Maybe he already found the happiness that he was seeking before. Jisoo’s thought was broken when the other male spoke to him.

“You were probably my roommate, YOON JEONGHAN, Psych and History major and you are?” he said as he offers his hand to Jisoo which the latter keeps on staring.

Jisoo doesn’t know what to do, yet he think otherwise, the Jeonghan in front of him was not his boyfriend anymore but just a mere roommate,“Music and Administrative Management major.” Jeonghan reach for Jisoo’s hand, hold it and shake afterwards.

“And you’re name is?” Jeonghan tilt his head sideways, hands still holding Jisoo’s hand.

“JOSHUA WU from Wu and Hong Clan,” Jisoo almost curse for the first time, who on earth will introduce himself with his ancestors name. Good Lord, earth to Jisoo and Jisoo to Jeonghan, arrgghhh. Why did this person still had an effect on him, it’s been 3 years. Three years of longing.Yah, Jisoo, are you gay? Probably?

“Nice to meet you Soo-ah…..Shua,” Jisoo looked back and bit his lips before he form a smile and giggling sound in addition. Jisoo you’re a man now and you’re supposed to act like one and not a teenager in love. Behave. Keep your hear calm as much as you can.

“Call me Joshua,” he said firmly and retracted his hand from the other male. He excused himself to go at the bathroom, to have a proper breathing to be exact.

“Tsk, I will call you Shua," Jeonghan whispered to himself. He was too happy that he end up giving a pet name to his roommate. This morning when he got up on bed, his father gave him a new car as a gift for qualifying himself to study at Eve University despite the strict rule under the supervision of the guardians. He promised to himself that he will be a good son and colleague as he enter the said Uni. He put the luggage beside his bed and jumps down to his bed, “YAH, YOON JEONGHAN. FIGHTING!!!”

 

 

“Hey, have you heard it?” one of the student asked his sophomore classmates and the others nodded in response. “I really can’t believe it when my father informed me about it. How come they enter at the same time in this Uni.”

“And the more intriguing one is they were roommate as such,” the other male added and all of them showed a shock expression in their faces.

“How did you know?” the student with a big body built asked as he put down his tray on their table.

“Hyung, they were residing to the room infront of us” the freshmen answer back.

“Really? Is that the reason why you were silently peeking as early as 6 am a while ago.” The older student inquired in curiosity as he shoves some food to his mouth.

“Think about it, it should be a common knowledge to them that their families are yin and yang. Almost competing in businesses and power but now those two were roommates?” the sassy student intervening the upper class conversation. The students look at him for a second but back to feeding themselves afterwards.

A tall and handsome guy was walking towards the cafeteria, his intimidating aura kept the other students to talk about him and eyes following his every moves as he enter the hallway but as he saw the person he was searching and miss so much, he shouted his name and hug him.

“YAH, JEONGHAN-AH”

The students turn their attention towards their direction, “Oppss, looks like he found his prey for this year,” the sassy student remarks. But the person besides him beat him and exclaimed, “Look it’s them, Yoon Jeonghan and Wu Joshua, his highness” he ran and bowed to Jisoo while Jisoo bowed back and patted the other’s head.

“Chan, long time no see.” he smiled and Chan happily guide him to sit on the table away from the crowd. Jeonghan was busily talking to the tall guy but keep his gaze on Joshua and as he saw Joshua have a sit at the corner, he excused himself and sit in front of Joshua. “Did you just forget me Shua?” he inquire to his roommate as he smirked and sat infront of him uninvited.

Jisoo look at him, “You’re busy and I’m hungry.” Busily flirting with a handsome guy, if I have known that you prefer a large Labrador I should have bought on for you before. He pouted and sighed to himself at the same time, he grumpily scoop his soup which find the other male cute.

Jeonghan reach Joshua’s tray and smell his food, “Smells good, it’s appetizing just like you.” Jisoo don’t know what he was hearing but he was surely hallucinating. Instead he picked the lettuce leave and shoved it to Jeonghan’s mouth, “Just eat and stop talking non sense”

“Hmmp, I saw you, you just blush at my stateme…---’

“Yoon Jeonghan!” Jeonghan look back but was hit in the head by a small yet cute student who excused himself to sit beside him.

“Did you just hit your master, Jihoon?” Jeonghan said angrily.

“I just want to correct your manners. You should eat when it’s time to eat and play when it comes to playtime.” The smaller one look at him fiercely and Jeonghan could only sigh. As if you allowed me to play. He got his tray of food from Jihoon and began to dig it in. Jisoo was so bewildered on what is happening in front of him. Did someone just reprimand Jeonghan? Hmmn. Well they look cute together. At least this one can help him control Jeonghan’s unnecessary remarks.

The smaller male stands and bowed towards Jisoo, “You’re highness, I beg for forgiveness for my master’s behavior as well as I am.” Jisoo smiled back at him at him and also called Chan to eat beside him instead of staying on other’s table. At school Jisoo wants his life as normal as possible especially in the dining hall, he love chatting and hearing butlers stories about their masters but others don’t like it at all because it was an act of betrayal by talking someone behind his back. They were right through but it keeps him alert to his potential rival.

“Nah, it’s alright. He seems to be happy that’s why he likes to joke around” he said as he glances at Jeonghan direction that was lazily picking his food on his plate. Jisoo smiled at the view and Jihoon was glad that this two was doing alright despite the rivalry of their family but this is Eve Uni and not the real outside cruel world.

 

Luhan was still staring at the canvas when he heard some footsteps walking towards his direction. “Did you know what have you done?” an old husky voice asked him. Luhan looks back and saw the Lord accompanying him, “You’re aware that the Yoon had found their long lost heir who was the son of your husband’s opponent, Yoon Chanyeol, the kid who they thought that was died after he was born yet Chanyeol’s lover kept him for years in order for the child to grow at a normal surroundings and be able to strive on his own without the help of their clan.”

“Yes abeonim, I was aware of that,” Luhan turn back and walk towards the canvass and caress the angel’s image.

“Then, what would be the reason why you allowed their heir to stayed on the same room with Jisoo?” said by the elder as he approach the canvass and pat Luhan’s back. Luhan stare back and answered, “I don’t want my child to be with some werewolf who will end up using Jisoo’s kindness for their personal gain from our family. It much better for Jisoo to stayed and roomed with our enemy as such, I will be assured that no one will use his kindness and stab his back in the end.”

“I get your point but there is something that you didn’t foresee my son.” The Lord walks toward the wooden chair to sit and Luhan supported and guided him as he walk, “The Eve University has a rule that once you’re inside and enrolled, the students can simply enjoy their life inside no matter what they do and no clan and parents can interfere their life once the semester started, you asked the admin to place Jisoo with the Yoon and at that, Wu and Yoon will be roommate for years sharing the same goal and adventures.” Luhan nodded in agreement.

“The thing is, you can enter the university as you passed the qualifier but can’t quit as much as you like. Even though there are so many hardship and pressure inside, no one can interfere on student’s grades and even us can’t influence the Uni to remove Jisoo and move him back to states whenever we wanted. He and that Yoon guy will be partners and whether they like it or not they will be comrades despite their clan as enemy for years. You put them together but you also need to know that your daughter and now your son was staying 24/ 7 with his ex-boyfriend, YOON JEONGHAN” at that Luhan tried to move back and almost got imbalance but the Lord immediately held his hand.

“Abeonim”, what have I just done?” Luhan facepalm as the elder supported him.

 

Preview:

“Jeonghan, can I ask you?”

“What is it?”

“Do you really like being a NOBLE?”

“Then Shua, did you ever like a commoner with no name before?”

“I did and I didn’t regret it even a bit”

This chapter is titled Orange which is the mixture of ENERGY associated with red and the HAPPINESS associated with yellow. This is the color of JOY and CREATIVITY. Orange promotes a sense of general wellness and emotional energy that should be shared which was portrays by Jeonghan’s character in this chapter, the happiness he had with his family and also his new surroundings and lastly how he was glad about his roommate. Jisoo portrays the other meaning of orange which help a person to recover from disappointments, a wounded heart. As Jisoo meet his past love, instead of feeling wounded again and again when he saw Jeonghan, the latter was delighted to see the new Jeonghan that he never met before which eases his heart a bit.