RED

Then and Now (FALLING FOR YOU ONCE AGAIN)

It was a Saturday morning and Jisoo was lazy enough to open her curtain allowing the sunlight to come in her room. Either way, she also didn’t like a gloomy day yet sheo doesn’t like waking up early in weekend contrary to her younger sister Roa who was now busily preparing herself in his study table to begin her study session with a feel good song playing from her iPad besides her which was heard in their shared room. Jisoo decided to walk towards her, “Morning baby,” and she kiss her in her forehead.

“Unnie, did I wake you up” she asked while making a puppy look, she makes her eyes bigger than normal and pout her lips while swaying her shoulder. She was too cute for her to consider as an adult now. Roa has a black silky hair until her upper back, a sideway bangs which slightly cover the right side of her face. Her sister wears calm smiling eyes which are too beautiful to stare with all day, long eyelashes that curl upwards, cute pointed nose which resembles their Papa and a lips that imitates a kitten like features when she smiles at you. Even though I address her as my baby, she was more than that nowadays, she excelled in her studies and in her extracurricular activities. She loves ballet for no apparent reason, when we were child, she always stays behind me and copy all what I do but as she enters junior high, she asked our parents to allow her to learn that sports. Our Papa was dumbfounded at first but soon after I assure them that maybe it would allow her to find her trueself, both our parents agreed.

“Yeah, you wake me up baby, I was supposed to enjoy my bed day but because of you I wasn’t able to do that.” I replied back but in response she hug me tightly and kiss all over my face until we end up giggling with each other. “Isn’t you’re supposed to have a date today with Jeonghan oppa?” At that question, I immediately rush towards our bathroom and find clothes for me. As I glance at the time it was already pass 10:00 am and we should meet at 10:30 at our favorite coffee shop. Jeonghan and I were dating for 2 years now but neither my parents nor my siblings saw him yet. They only know him by name and as I told them stories about my daily adventure and the love that I have with him.

In our family, everything was an open book. We always discuss with the rest of the family what bothers us, good things or bad things. Maybe the reason why I didn’t introduce him yet to my family because I don’t want him to pressure on something that our society has. My family isn’t as simple as like we had a mother and a father like every normal household has but my family composed of 2 fathers, my Daddy Kris and Papa Luhan. Even though Papa Luhan bears us in his womb, we all love him cause bearing a child is not a simple task as it looks like considering he was also a man to begin with. From the time our Papa Luhan knew that he can bear a child, he decided to distant himself to our Daddy because he was afraid that Daddy will look at him with disgust. As they told us that Daddy will always love Papa whether he is a guy or not, neither in his lifetime that he doubted the love he had with Papa but Papa just leave him one day and nowhere to be found.

1 year had passed until Daddy find him in a rural area, where Papa spend his day cooking meals in a neighborhood restaurant for the locals smiling brightly and doing what he likes the most. Daddy was born as one of the noble in our country and as one of the possible successor in the throne, he was obliged to have his own family to show how responsible he is in balancing his time for his commitments at work and for his family. Every month, Daddy Kris visited Papa Luhan but the later hesitated to start again with Daddy, until one day, Daddy found me nearby who was busily playing with my bottled milk. Daddy told us he didn’t know what gotten unto him why he was too attached to me at first glance, he carry me up from the carpeted ground and stay for a while to keep me company. The elders was so touched on what they saw and they told him that Papa Luhan was raising me and they were asking him if he was my father. Daddy denied the accusation at first but as he love Papa so much that he can possibly turn rocks to gold, he confronted Papa about my existence. Papa denied that I was his daughter, he said that I was a daughter of his bestfriend who died after giving birth to me but Daddy was persistent enough on knowing the truth until one day I was had a high fever. The community didn’t know what to do because aside from fever I also had so many rashes all over my body and the hospital was 2 hours away from our town. One of the villagers called Daddy Kris and he brought an ambulance and a group of medic towards our village. Papa Luhan was hesitating at that time cause he doesn’t want to bother Daddy Kris anymore but as time passes Papa Luhan admitted that I was indeed their child. Papa was shocked that Daddy knew about Papa having the capacity to give birth even though he was a man but Daddy was knowledgeable enough to understand the situation and had abroad knowledge in science and mysteries in life. Little by little I was cured from my illness and the two of them decided to get back together.

The Wu family welcomed Papa with open arms without questioning his uality and personality because they know that no blood can cease love in this world. As years passes, our family was added with 2 more offspring’s in the name of Roa and Jun. Jun being the youngest was the toughest among us, he barely smile and only focuses on sports but he was a little puppy to me, he always act as a spoiled kid in front of me and compete with Roa to gain my attention at times. He excelled in everything and he wouldn’t allow someone to defeat him. Luckily he had a bestfriend who was a son of our distant kin, named, Xu Minghao.

 

 

As I bid goodbye to my sister, I asked Jun to drive me to Hoshi’s Café. As we approach the destination, I already saw Jeonghan going out from the café. “Junnie, kindly stop the car. I’ll be going from here.”

“Are you sure? It’s far from the Café though” I shake my head in response and kiss Junnie’s temple as I got out from the car but right then and then. Jeonghan’s gazes met mine, I smiled back at him but he just walk passing our car. I got out from the car and as Jun’s car got out from my sight, I ran towards Jeonghan and hold his left hand attempting to intertwine our fingers but he pulled away his hands from mine. “Han-ah, is there a problem?”

“We need to talked” he said without looking unto my eyes. I lift up his chin and met his gaze but he look at the other side and walk towards the vacant lot near the playground. I just follow him and walk like his shadow until he decided to speak.

“Why did you lie to me?” I suddenly stop my pace and look at him.

“Lie to you?” I replied back as I try to touch him but he moves back, away from me. It was like I had a contagious disease that can transfer to him any moment.

“Han, I don’t understand. Who lied to whom, you know I was an open book to you” I argued back but that day he wears a mask that was difficult to read.

“You were a noble Jisoo, a princess as they said”

“Then what’s wrong with that?”

“You were going to get engaged to a more suitable one in the future and you’re just toying on me, isn’t it?” I don’t know what happen to me but I just slapped him, hard enough to see the visible red line on his face.

“Me? Playing with you? Are other people words more important than mine? So what if I’m a noble that doesn’t change that I LOVE YOU and you should know that. Did you even think what would be the possible reason why I kept that as a secret?” I shouted at him yet he just look at me just like I was a dirt from him.

“Tsk” he clapped and laughed hysterically that makes me more deaf and cry. “Yah, Wu Jisoo. I know that kind of you, once you gotten tired at our kind, you can just simple toss us in the ground like a play toy”

“Jeonghan-ah, why are you being like this. What is the real problem, huh?” I lower my voice to ask him, to talk to him but he didn’t budge a bit. “It is because I’m a noble or you having an affair?” I challenged him.

“Let’s end this, Jisoo. From now on, you can have the Prince charming you deserved and forget a simple person like me who can only keep on having a pocket money to be spend just for a day and no allotted money for the next day Believed whatever you want to believed, me having an affair or not. . I’m just a rat to you, your highness.” he told me as he mockingly bowed infront of me and for the very first time in my life I experience what does “Hurt and Betrayal” mean.

I stayed at the bench on that park until the wind become wet and the sky darken. Rain was slowly pouring down just like it was the world mode of comforting me from a sudden break up. A mere break up just because I was a noble. It was on the middle of the night when I got home and my family was too worried as to where I came from and what happened. I cried too much at that night and end up having fever, thereafter. My parents inquire what happened but I don’t have the energy to talk. When I got back to a healthier one, I decided to accompany my brother to clubbing. Every night, I spent my day drinking alcoholic beverages and flirting to different guys or girls. I don’t mind about a thing, my brother just let me be coz he knew I just want to divert my mind to other things but my sister do not.

My sister was one the one who scolded me as what’s up to my head that I was neglecting my health. My parents probably knew by now what happened, knowing it was Wu family, nothing can become a secret to them. My parents were silent and I don’t know if it’s the way the comfort me or they just don’t want to reprimand me.

One night, the elders were having a meeting on the ancestral wooden house before the main house where we resided. They called me in and I went there, “Jisoo, our darling what is the problem huh?” as my grandmother ask for it, tears are flowing from me, hearing their soft and concerned voices cautiously reaching out for me makes my heart burst again and they held me on a tight embrace. “I love him Gramps, Granny but as he found out that I was from a noble family, he broke up with me” the environment around me went silent and one of the elders went to the altar and kneeled on the floor and began to pray. I heard them murmured something like “It’s getting near rather what we expected.” I glance at them wearing a questioning look but neither of them was looking straight unto my eyes. All of them were busily comforting me, patting my head, my shoulder and some are giving me refreshment to drink and make me calm for a while. They told me an old story, a ridiculous story that no sane person was able to accept it or maybe Dad will but not me.

At that night, it took me long hours before I got to drift away to dreamland in which I dream about Jeonghan with other man, who is passionately kissing each other under my watch. He looks at me, teasing me to join them but I stayed paralyze on my place and the only thing that I can do is cry but the strange thing is, I don’t feel jealous at all but had some guilty feeling inside me. I felt myself in need of oxygen which forces me to open my eyes but something is wrong. I thought of showering early in the morning but what surprises me is the ME right now in front of the mirror is not who I AM. “AAHHHHHHHHH”

 

Roa just got to have a nap after a long day of studying and then someone with a husky low voice was screaming. She was supposed to continue her sleep but she realize that how come there is a man’s voice inside her room. She decided to got up and run towards his brother’s room and wake him up in panic.

Jun who was tired after the car racing event the whole day was dead tired on top of his cottony cloud queen size bed but soon enough someone was disturbing his king like sleep. Roa keep on slapping Jun’s and chest to wake his brother’s log like sleep and soon enough the latter was awake and Roa told him what happened to their shared room. Jun get his gun from his bed cabinet which he uses in terms of emergency as a protection, he wasn’t a sharp shooter for nothing if he couldn’t use it at times like this and the two of them went to the comfort room where Roa heard the screaming sound. When Jun projects the metal towards the intruder, the other person shouted again and again which makes the other two to cover their ears. Soon after, both their parents and other people inside the house gathered on that small room after a gunshot was heard.

 

Jisoo was pleading for mercy from her siblings but the two was too clueless what to do until then, she shouted back that she was Jisoo, their beloved sister and told them the story that only the three of them knew, showed his birthmark on her face and other details of her siblings but the two reprimand her by telling lies. To her frustration, she just screamed to his might until her brother pulled off the trigger and a loud sound vibrated the whole building which causes now to pile bunch of audience inside the room.

She was on the living room, both hands and feet are tied, their parents were questioning or must better call it interrogating the male him on what he was doing in their daughter’s room. Jisoo kept on repeating herself that she was Jisoo their daughter but no one believed her, by appearance he was a long haired man with a flat chested front wearing a pink nightgown which is so troublesome to look at, even herself didn’t believe it at first that neither her s and her treasured one wasn’t there anymore. Her parent’s already alerted the security and viewed all the CCTv cameras but no thief or intruder seen on it, she just stayed kneeled in front of the elders scrutinizing look and judgment not until her favorite grandfather approach her and beat her on her head. As a reflex, she stared at him angrily just like she was used to do and showed him her enticing smile, “You should not be awake at this time my Dear Angel Lord” the Lord slowly kneeled in front of his granddaughter and pulled her to his embraced, “Why it has to be you, Jisoo –yah” and the Lord was weeping at the center and asking the Almighty what he has done that his granddaughter become like that.

The living room went silent; my parents untangled the rope around me and cried with me and Gramps. The whole mansion was silently crying, the servants are on each other’s shoulder and wiping each other’s tears. My siblings both looking on the ground until Jun burst his frustration and curse which causes the other elders to beat him until he calmed down.

“Daddy, what should we do now that noona become like this, aargghhh hyung become like this?” Jun got up from his sit and approach us in the sofa in which I was lying my body on it and my head was on Papa’s lap. Papa keeps on my hair until I close my eyes due to exhaustion. Jun can only clean the trace of tears on my face and lightly kiss my nose.

 

Papa and I decided to transfer me back to states for me to continue my senior year and start a new life away from the eyes of many. Daddy Kris, Jun and Roa stayed in South Korea. The family gave me a trainer and a butler to feed me the necessary information about manhood oh, I should probably say about being a gentleman. The mannerism of keeping my hair behind my ears is something that I couldn’t remove which frustrated my trainer.

My trainer was a gay itself and he also knew about what happened to me, he was a relative from my mother side and a great fashion designer and etiquette instructor. He kept me disciplined just like what he does to Jun way back in Korea, now I know why my brother wear that kind of face and attitude. He was always controlled by morals and proper attitude and posture which are needed as an only successor in the family cause only the male can handle the throne. But now it changes all the cycles because I become a man and unlike before that I have a menstrual cycle every month, nowadays, I was preoccupied in preparing and composing songs in different genres, it becomes my healing process.

Every month that Gods offer for me to leave, I asked my Daddy and Papa to allow me to indulge myself in learning music which the two was against at first because it’s to girly for their liking but later on, they gave in when they understand how frustrated I’am about my shifting uality. When I was a girl, I love painting and making drafts for buildings, sceneries and person that I love. But when I saw it last time I had my vacation in Korea, I want to burn it all because that side of me didn’t exist nowadays, I love myself not because they say that I had the peaceful aura that was envied by many. A smile and personality that makes my friends and love ones like me ever since I’m young but this two characteristics are bound to vanish also cause I need to make another personality, traits and mannerism for my new identity.

 

3 years had passed, I was accustomed being a son to Dad and Papa but it was different when you were on different country compared in Korea not because of our family values but because of the new journey that Daddy want me to tackle as a challenge on me. As soon as our plane landed at the airport terminal, my phone keeps on ringing and my Papa chuckled about it, “Your sister must have a surprise for you that’s maybe the reason why she keeps on calling” I look back at him and smiled, “That’s why I asked Jun last night to give the phone to sis but he refused for the reason that he was insisting we also need a brother talk”

Papa kept on laughing besides me until his phone ring, “Honey, we’re here. Yeah, the other two was too excited to see their sister what I mean is their brother.” I look at him, “It’s alright Papa don’t worry about it”

“OOOPPPPAAA!!!”

“HYUNG!”

My siblings had a bouquet of flowers in their hands, Roa brought blue rose while Jun gave me a tulips and carnation. Both of them held my arms and continue to argue who was supposed to stay besides me not until Papa spoke, “YAH! One more argument and Jisoo will go back to states minutes from now!” the two of them debate silently in which Jun pulled Roa’s hair from behind and to her revenge, Roa tickled Jun’s nape which causes Jun to give in and be contented to stay silent on my side inside the car.

We have a long trip before we reach our destination, Jun lean his head on my shoulder and Roa sleep on my lap. Papa keeps on giggling to the view behind the car and one moment I heard a click sound. When I peek at him, slowly opening my left eye, I saw him taking a picture from his smartphone and later, he called Daddy. “Did you save it Honey? Those three are my children, beautiful and wonderful” I heard a husky honey voice on the receiver who keeps on laughing as a replied to my Papa’s statement. Surely those two are the most lovable pair I have seen. As I close my eyes, I was hoping that someday, I would meet someone that would accompany me and held my hand no matter who I am just like what Daddy did to Papa. I really hope so sooner or later.

 

“Honey, how would you do that to Jisoo. I was hoping that we should have each other’s company when we decided to have him studied his college here in Korea but then what is this, admission in EVE UNIVERSITY?” Luhan keep on complaining in front of his husband who was busy checking the stocks market on his computer but peek from time to time to his husband.

“It was for the better, the university had a dorm inside and he was able to mingle to other clan at this rate and gather new friends here in Korea.” Kris defended and close the application in his iPad. He walk towards his husband and hug him from behind.

“Even though, having a GUY as roommate? NO NO NO” Luhan escape from Kris and hold his hand as he pleaded for his daughter now son. But Kris already made a firm decision and walk to the china cabinet, get a wine bottle and pour some on 2 wine glass.

“Jisoo already agreed to it as I discuss with him the other day.” He take a sip and offer the other bottle to his husband but his husband was too furious and drink it at one shot. Put down the glass hardly as he cornered Kris between his arms causing Kris to move back but he know he was already on the dead end. He can only stare to his husband and was amuse at how hysterical he is in front of him and make a mental note that this was one of the probabilities why he likes his husband to be angry sometimes, he looks to cute and frightful and Kris was ready to ignite the night between them.

“How would you subject my daughter to live with those brats and ?”

“Yah, Luhan Wu watch out you words”

“I will talk to the elders about it”

“It’s been decided, you can’t break anything that had been done. Jisoo will go to Uni this weekend and have the orientation this coming Monday.” Kris put his glass on top of the cabinet and hold his husband’s waist and pulled it over him.

“Kris Wu, from now on you’re not welcome to my room. Hmmpp. My precious child will stay with the pact wolves. Goodness my baby is in trouble.” Luhan pushes his husband and walk out from the study room and lock the adjacent door connected to room. How could his husband think of seducing him when his baby was staying away from his protection? Should he bribe the University dorm mistress so that his son will stay on a room or can come back at night in their house? But a great idea comes to mind as Luhan was overthinking about the probabilities.

 

Preview:

“You were probably my roommate, YOON JEONGHAN, Psych and History major and you are?”

“Music and Administrative Management major”

“And you’re name is?”

“JOSHUA WU from Wu and Hong Clan”

“Nice to meet you Shua”

“Call me Joshua”

“Tsk, I will call you Shua"

 

The chapter was titled “Red” because by it symbolizes BLOOD, in which in it shows the origin and how the Wu family connected to each other and how the family bond from elder generation until the younger once. It also symbolizes POWER, the Wu family is a noble clan which showcase the power and reign to their kind. A capability of knowing all the secrets that beyond imagination, had foundation that not all had from the beginning and it also shows responsibility as a nobleman, an act that should synchronize to norm and morals that society set. On the other hand, red also means COURAGE, LOVE, HATRED, PASSION, WARNING, UALITY and SEDUCTION which Jisoo felt on this chapter. She felt the love from people around her yet as she changes her uality to opposite side as well as the break up to his lover everything went from love to hatred to being courageous enough to accept the reality that she become he.

 

_________________________________________

author's note: thank you for reading the jihan fic..hoping that reader's like you can put a Simple comment or reaction about the story. I want to know your opinion also..Kamsa