How To Address A Dilemma

Scribbles

Is it because I see you every day?

Is it because of the caught glances?

Is it because I have a crush on you? Maybe.

Taeyeon isn't one with big words. She has the facade of a person that is quiet, but her mind is of quite the opposite. Her thoughts rush through her like a waterfall. 

Ever since she met Tiffany, her train of thought has gone haywire. 

Tiffany was the office crush. Her office crush. Let's face it, in a 9-to-5 desk job, you're bound to find something interesting to spice up your day. And Tiffany was the sugar, the spice, and the everything nice. Her presence has not increased Taeyeon's performance, but her mood brightens - so that's acceptable. 

-

Back to the current situation, Taeyeon has been in conflict with her thoughts on how to approach the said woman. 

What should I do to get her to notice me? 

Should I bring her food? What does she like anyway? 

Buy her something to drink? Coffee? Tea? Water? Nope. 

Does she like toys- wait, what are you thinking, Taeyeon? She's not a kid like you. 

Shaking her head as soon as an impending headache rises, she has not found any answers and it's bothering her to no end until a knock on the glass door interrupted her predicament. 

Low and behold, the main protagonist in her life was currently at her door - looking concerned. 

"Hey, Taeyeon, right?" Tiffany asked with a worried expression.

Taeyeon, who was stunned, could only nod her head as calm as her name could be. 

She watched the other woman walking towards her desk then stopped right in front of an empty chair. "I was just passing by when I saw you on your desk like you were having one big headache of a problem," she said with a bit of apprehension in her tone. "It's not my business, but you just seem so distressed, and it wouldn't be good to end today with a headache." Tiffany chuckled to herself while fidgetting on her spot. 

Mouth agape and profusely shaking her head, Taeyeon was trying to blurt something that could put Tiffany at ease. Say something, Taeyeon!

"No! ... no. No. No. No. No. No," while flapping her hands nervously. "It's just me and my thoughts, again," she chuckled tensely. 

Concern turned into curiosity. "Oh, what's seems to be boggling your mind then? I'm all ears," Tiffany, as Tiffany as she can be, was always the go-to person of everyone in the office when it comes to listening and giving advice. 

A sudden blush starts to creep into Taeyeon's cheeks. Should she tell her the truth or just lie her way out of it? Would it be weird to tell her that the source of all this incessant thinking was because of her? Is this the right time to confess?

This will be so weird if she rejects me, though. 

"Well, Taeyeon?" Tiffany interrupts her thoughts the second time, but she's now seated on the previously empty chair with her legs crossed and a soft smile - just waiting for an answer. 

She looked so gorgeous at that moment and without any thinking, Taeyeon has done the unimaginable. With no stopping, she said, "I have a crush on you. I don't know how to address it and it's been going on for some time now."

Taeyeon felt like she ran a marathon after what she had blurted and regretted immediately. it. Atleast I have all weekend to drown in sorrow and question my existence. 

Silence conquered the room for about what Taeyeon thought was more than a lifetime then a soft giggle came from the other person. 

"Oh, gosh. I was not expecting that" while her giggles subsided. The beautiful co-worker, wearing a long-sleeved pastel pink dress that looked like she came from fashion week, was surprised for a moment and could only giggle at the sight of an anxious Taeyeon. 

-

Before everything happened, Tiffany was on her way back from a meeting when she stumbled upon a stressed-looking Taeyeon on her desk. With just two hours to spare before ending the week, she thought why not help out a co-worker in need. Never did she expect a declaration of like in return. Nonetheless, a declaration from Taeyeon. 

She always thought that Taeyeon was an interesting personality. Efficient, reliable, but softspoken. Beyond her work ethics, she knows nothing about her. She silently admires her from afar due to stories shared by her friends in the office. They never had an opportunity to work together since they were of different departments and she thought this was a good chance to start getting to know the woman. 

-

"So, do you need any advice on how to address that?" a playful smile adorned Tiffany's face. 

"What?" Taeyeon was lost for words. 

"Well, you have a crush on me, right?" she asked,  with arms crossed and a smile on. 

The other could only nod - trying to digest everything that's happening. 

"You should at least get to know me before confessing, Taeyeon. I might not be what you expect." She ended, trying to look casual but, deep inside she was actually quite excited for what's to come. 

Surprised as she was, Taeyeon never thought she'd get this response from Tiffany, but at least that's one problem down and a million more to go.  

 


 

Author's Note:

Don't you just wish this could happen to you? Confessing and leading to something great in the end? Sadly, this could only happen to me in my dreams. Lol. 

I apologize for this crap of a short story. Hahaha. Let me know in the comments what you guys think. There is so much to improve on and I want to give you a better one in the next time. Note: There is no definite date on when will be the next one. No promises. Hehehe

Thank you for reading my story. Have a great day/night!