~5~

My bestfriend's boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sulli was awake by the loud doorbell. It was constantly annoying her to no end as to whoever behind the door was being too impatient. Krystal had already left for work and Sulli wondered who on the earth was coming to bother her sleep.

Sulli jumped off the bed and stretched lazily, then combing her bird nest hair while making her way to the door and opened it.

What a great surprise, her eyes widened in the process. "Mum?!"

The middle aged woman before Sulli was her actually stepmom. She lost her biological mother in a tragic accident when she was nine. Her father remarried a few years later before the family migrated to Paris. 

Sulli liked her stepmother like her real mother because she always treated her well. She had grown up with lot of love from this woman.

She gave Sulli a deep hug. "You had me worried so much kid." She pulled back and her hair. "I'm glad you are fine dear."

Sulli smiled. "I'm fine mum. I'm really sorry for having you worried."

Her stepmother hugged her again before she released her and touched her cheeks. "If you are really sorry, then you have to listen to me."


~~~~


"Hey Minho, how about a drink together?" Chagmin, Minho's colleague asked with a big grin.

Minho was getting ready to leave his office and he had to give Changmin an apologetic smile. "Sorry hyung. Not today. Maybe next time."

Changmin sighed in despair as he got the idea to why he was rejected. "Well, it's not new anyways that I've always ended up being alone by the end of the day. Being friend with you is not beneficial at all."

"You have Jim, hyung." Minho said, laughing, refered to Changmin's pet dog which earning a small glare from his friend. "You should find yourself a girlfriend so you will no longer lonely hyung."

"If only I could find myself one. Maybe you can introduce me one." Changmin said, his eyesbrow dancing as his arm went across Minho's shoulders.

"Actually... " Minho almost blurted out that he knew someone but for some reason he didn't want to say her name. It wasn't his place to play a matchmaker for her. Especially not after she just broke up with her fiance. "Actually I mean I will do that if I know someone good."

Changmin nodded. "Okay thank you. Have a lovely date, dude."

Minho thanked him before he left to meet with his girlfriend.


~~~~


Sulli walked on the Gangnam street with no certain place she wanted to go. She was too occupied with what her stepmother had said to her this morning that she hardly realized the evening was slowly crawling down.

"I will not force you to tell me why did you decide to call off your wedding Sulli. And with you running away from your marriage doesn't make me and your father happy either. Maybe you have your own reason to do so but if you refuse to tell us what's going on, we are also refusing to side with you. I'll give you a month, within a month given, you have to show up to explain yourself. And if you don't, I couldn't help but to feel very dissapointed in you."

Sulli sighed for the umpteen time and only then she knew she was too deep in thought to realize it was already dark. Sulli sighed once again before deciding to go back to the apartment.

 


Minho sighed after he ended the call with Krystal. Their date was cancelled due to her last minute call that she couldn't make it. Work was her priority and Minho couldn't do anything if she wanted to choose it over him. After all, this wasn't the first time. Minho already been used to it.

On the way home Minho saw a familiar figure of a lady. It was Sulli. He stopped his car on the side road, in front of her. Rolling the window down, he horned and said, "Hey Miss, do you need a cab?"

Startled by the familiar voice calling for her, Sulli looked up with a slight surprise. Coincident or not, for some reason she was glad to see Minho.

 


Minho brought Sulli to a food stall. On the way he asked her if she already had dinner and they realized both of them haven't had it yet so she suggested if Minho knew some place they could also have some drink which resulted to why they are here now.

"You know, I've finally gotten to try it myself. Street food in a small tent. I only saw these stuffs in kdrama. It's really nice to finally try it myself." Sulli told Minho almost overexcitedly. Her eyes gleamed in delight. "Did you read my mind though that I've always wanted to try it?"

"Probably I did." Minho said. "Glad you like it."

"Welcome Minho, what do you want to have for today?" An ahjumma came to serve their table and she looked at Sulli with a mischievous smile on her face. "So you brought your girlfriend today?"

Minho didn't expect her to claim Sulli his girlfriend and he instantly became a little awkward but soon relaxed when he heard a soft giggle from Sulli.

"No ahjumma. I'm not his girlfriend." Sulli said

Minho cleared his throat softly and added, "Yes she's just a friend, ahjumma."

"Omo really?! Aigoo I'm sorry, dear." Ahjumma apologized and Sulli waved it off that it was fine. Minho just smiled at her. "So what do you want?"

Sulli smirked. "Anything, plus So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter