The Breakup

My Purchased Boyfriend

Jimin's POV

I stood there in the middle of the room fuming, re-reading the text sent yesterday from my now ex boyfriend.

I still haven't recieved the text clarifying that it was just a joke or a dare, but reality finally hit today that it wasn't an obligation and Jungkook is actual breaking up with me. I feel like smashing my phone against the wall, but then I just want to wrap myself in a burrito blanket and cry endlessly.

Kookie: Don't call or text me anymore. It's over.

My eyes became blurry with tears as my eyes skimmed the screen. Our relationship was good, we didn't fight, we went on dates frequently, I even bought that bastard a new pair of timberlands for his birthday.

Did I say something wrong? Was it because I didn't have with him? My mind just went on about how much of a bad partner I was to him.

I clutched the hem of my shirt and bit my bottom lip, trying to resist the urge to cry. I shouldn't even cry, he just left me without even giving me a proper reason why. Hell, he broke up with me through text, he couldn't even say it to me in person.

My stomach turned and I put my elbows on my knees while running my fingers through my hair. I still don't understand, I need to know the reason why he'd break ties with me.

Jungkook has always been one of my best friends, we started dating two years ago after he asked me out in a cute little restaurant and sparks flew ever since until now. Maybe I should text him, maybe we can talk this out. 

No, I'm not going to text him. It'll make me sound desperate and he'll think I'm too hung up on him even if I'm hurting and at the verge of balling my eyes out. I took a deep breath and dialed Hobi hyung. I need some sunshine in a world full of glommy clouds. 

I lifted the phone to my ear and was instantly introduced to a heaving Hobi. "Hobi hyung, are you busy? Uhh, maybe I'll let your finish your bussiness. I understand if you're trying to satisfy your-"

"Get your mind out of the gutter, Jimin. I just finished dance practice which you had no problem missing," Hoseok hyung stated with an irritated tone. 

I was getting all worked up with the break up that I totally forgot about the dance competition coming up next month.

I was about to mutter an apology, but I heard knocking at my front door. 

"Open the god damn door, Jimin" I heard Hoseok's voice behind the door. I was stunned and rushed to twist the handle. 

"What happened?" Hobi hyung asked with genuine concern while he walked in and set his shoes at the corner of the hallway. He crunched his eyebrows together as he set his duffle bag on the coach nearest to the door.

"I'm sorry for not showing up to practice, Hy-" I began, but got cut off as his hand waved in front of me.

"I don't care if you missed practice or not, the problem is you never missed practice before. Not even when Namjoon aciddentally twisted your ankle and you wore a hello kitty cast to practice. Now tell me, what happened." 

I sighed while grabbing my phone and shoving it into Hobi hyung's hand. My hands trembled and tears were starting to build up, again. I sat down on my bed and Hobi followed. I played with my thumbs as he read the text aloud.

I averted my attention to the lips of Hobi hyung as a sigh escaped. "He told me he was going to break it off with you, but I didn't know you were going to be so deeply affected by it," Hobi muttered.

"He told you he was breaking up with me!?" I shrieked as he slowly nodded. 

"Why wouldn't he? I walked in on him kissing Taehyung and demanded him to tell you before I do. I guess he finally told you?"

Hobi hyung looked at me in curiousity as it hit him that I never knew Jungkook was cheating on me. He immediately got up from the coach and engulfed me in a tight embrace. I decided to let my tears fall and I could practically taste the salt from my chapped lips. I silently cried and Hosoek rubbed little circles on my small back trying to hush my tears away.

He pulled me away and slid his thumbs below my eyes. He pouted, "I'm sorry, Jimin. I thought he told you."

I didn't even know Taehyung and Jungkook had any chemistry. They were always distant when we went on group lunches and now I know the reason why. Those smart bastards, nobody would've guessed because they played the roll of acquaintances. I should've seen this coming. 

I shook me head in dissapointment and rubbed it against Hobi's neck like a puppy cuddling it's owner. "It's okay, hyung. We're over and there's nothing I can do now. I'll just have to it up and try to forget about him." Although I highly doubt it. My last serious relationship was Taemin and we didn't even date as much as Jungkook and I, but I still sulked in my room for months.

Hoseok's eyes lit up while snapping his fingers, "Come on." He said while grabbing my hands and flung his duffle bag against his side, almost hitting me. "Let's go to Seokjin's cafe, he'll know what to say to a hurting jimin," he started making baby noises while pinching my chubby cheeks. I gave him a small laugh while trying to swat them away, but nodded reluctantly since I'd rather not spend my time alone moping over being dumped. 

 

We arrived shortly in front of his cafe since it's a walkable distance from my apartment. As I pulled the doors open, I was immediately hit with the comforting smell of fresh brewed coffee with a giddy Hobi beside to me. I smiled weakly as we approached the counter. 

We were greeted with a lively Seokjin, "Jimin! Hoseok! How's the dance competition preparation?" He averted his gaze from Hobi to me and I tried to hide the fact that my heart felt like someone is hitting it with a hammer with accelerating speed and that I just cried five minutes ago. Thus, I put on my iconic crescent smile. Jin's happy mood changed to a concerned and upset one, "What happened to my cute little Jimin? Who hurt him?" 

He grabbed my wrists from across the counter and pulled me into a soft hug. I smell coffee on him and coughed at the strong odor. I hit his arm to let me go because other customers were giving us the weird glances and some even glares. He eventually let me go after kissing the side of my head.

I felt embarrassed and my cheeks looked like two healthy tomatoes. Hobi's laugh muffled the voices of those in the cafe and now everyone is looking right at us. He cleared his thoart while muttering a sorry and most people continued their conversations like nothing happened. Seokjin gave him the death glare and Hobi put his hand up as a sign of surrender, "I'm sorry!"

Jin smiled and shook his head as he resisted the urge to laugh. He was about to say something, but he looked at the back of us and decided to change the subject. "Order something and I'll ask my boss for a small break because there's an irritated man right behind you guys and I think he's been waiting for over five minutes and our motto is fast and easy," he whispered and faked a smile when he made eye contact with the man.

We turned around and sure enough, the man was buring holes in the back of our heads with his squinting. I smiled and muttered my usual coffee preferance to Jin and Hobi did as well with a terrified tone. "You guys can sit with Jungkook and Taehyung, they're over there," Jin smiled and pointed his finger to the back. I was too afarid to look and panic rose in my chest.

I in my breath while we went out of the line and saw Jungkook and Taehyung swallowing eachothers saliva. Taehyung's hands started to wander below the table and I had to look away. It felt like a punch in the gut and I started to feel dizzy.

Hoseok was at my side with fists clenched and was about to go up to the happy couple, but I put my arm in front of him and shook my head. It's not worth it, I don't want him to make a scene just for me. Even if I do want to go slam his head against the table for cheating on me and for still shamlessly being with Taehyung.

Hobi looked at me with concern and looked back at the PDA couple with a disgusted face. I sighed and left the cafe before I did anything stupid. Hobi was on my heels and I felt my vision blur with fresh tears. I whimpered and began to heard a multiple pairs of steps following me, too. 

"Jimin!" This time it was Jungkook's voice and I felt like falling into a deep muddy hole and never being rescued out of it. I didn't want him to see me, he's the last person I'd want to see righ now.

The footsteps came to a stop. I picked up the pace and I can hear Hobi consulting Jungkook, "Not now Jungkook." They were retreating to the cafe, but Hobi and Jin were running up to me.

"Somone tell me what's going on. I see Taehyung and Jungkook kissing eachothers face off...Oh , I thought he broke up with you a long time ago, Jimin" I stopped walking when I felt a backhug from Seokjin, I turned around to cry on his shoulder and I feel Hobi rubbing my back.

"I'm so sorry, Jimin. No wonder you never were sulking. I'm such an diot. I would've smacked them upside the head for you if I would've known!" Jin keep rambling on about how he was going to handle Jungkook after this, but the damage is done and that wouldn't make a difference. It won't make Jungkook love me like he loves Taehyung. 

I sighed deeply and inserted the key in the keyhole. We walked into my apartment and I collapsed on my bed, tired from all the previous actions and brang my knees up to my chest as I hear SeokJin gasping when Hobi tells him about Jungkook cheating on me with Taehyung. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

 My bed tilted as Jin and Hobi sat down beside me, Seokjin pouted and glided his hand up and down on my arm. Hobi looked just as pitiful at me as Jin. I'm glad I didn't have to cry alone today, but the looks I'm recieving is just reminding me of Taehyung and Jungkook's kiss or makeout session as a matter of fact.

I looked away from them and averted my gaze to the ceiling. The room was silent, but I can feel it getting stuffy. Then, I heard the sound of rain hitting the roof and pavment outside my apartment. It felt soothing and relaxing.

Right up until, Jin started shaking me violently making me pratically hear my organs slapping eachother against my body. 

I groaned and pushed myself to the corned of the bed so he wouldn't be able to touch me. I looked up to meet a glowing Jin and a cheeky Hobi. I crunched my eyebrows together while frowning. "I was so peaceful until you decided to cause an earthquake. If I get any injury from your actions, I'm suing you hyung," I mumbled, hearing Hoseok's laugh and seal clapping. 

Seokjin rolled his eyes and smiled. "Jimin, let's hit the club tonight. You can get wasted and forget about Jungkook. You can dance your y dance and you'll have men linning up in no time!" he pratically yelled, but I wasn't feeling it.

I don't want to go grind against unknown strangers and drink alcohol. I'm bad with liquor! We don't mix just like water and oil. Last time we went out clubbing, I was found outside of McDonalds begging the manager to not have Ronald McDonald as their mascot because he scares the hell out of me and she called the cops and they ended up handcuffing me until Namjoon came to my rescue. 

I shooked my head violently and their faces dropped, "I just want to stay home for tonight, I'm sorry. You guys can go witho-"

"No, Jimin. We're your friends, we're not going to leave you when you feel like absoulte right now," Hobi clarrified as Jin nodded in agreement. I smiled at them, but feel bad that they have to waste their time trying to cheer me up.

Hobi's face suddenly changed to an excited one. He began jumping on top of my bed making Seokjin fall and all we heard was a scream and then a thump. Hobi jumed out of my bed to help Jin up and I bursted out laughing while Hobi was resisting the urge to laugh, as well. Seokjin was glaring hard at Hobi and if looks could kill, he'd be buried ten feet below the dirt. I tried dialing down my laughter, but Jin's red face only encouraged it. 

"I'm sorry, Hyung. I didn't mean to push you off"

"Yeah, yeah. Save it for the court, Im calling my lawyer after this. You could've broken my nose and ruined this handsome face. And to think we were friends."

"No, hyung!"

Seokjin flicked Hobi's forehead and he fell down being the drama queen he is and started wailing like a baby. 

I heard a loud knock coming from my door and a rusty old woman voice began screaming, "Keep it down! I'm trying to sleep you damn kids. Be loud again and I'll call the landlord." Seokjin started giggling and so did I. It was Hobi's turned to have a red face and he yelled back, "Sorry!"

We heard a grunt from the other end and I slapped my palm against my mouth while Hobi tried to impersonate the old lady "Be loud again and I'll call the landlord." We bursted out laughing and then we heard a loud thud at the door. Hobi jumped and pulled his hands together to pray that the old lady wouldn't hurt him. Seokjin pushed his arm and grinned.

"This is what you get for being loud at a retirement home," Seokjin hyung stated and Hobi looked stunned. 

"Why do you live in a neighborhood full of old people!?" Hobi yelled and I slapped his arm to shut him up.

"My mom thought it would be best since old people are quiet and don't cause any violence," I said in a matter of fact tone.

Hobi rolled his eyes, "I can beg to differ." Then he started swaying his arms in the air like a lunatic. "As I was saying before I got rudely interupted by little miss in a twist. Jungkook cheated on you with Taehyung, right? And he is still seeing Taehyung."

I nodded feeling my stomach drop at the mention of Taehyung and Jin gave Hobi a curious look to encourage him. "So, then why don't you get a fake boyfriend to spite him? My friend Jongin hired a fake boyfriend when his ex was seen with someone else right after their breakup. I was thinking if you can get a fake boyfriend then it'll make Jungkook jealous." 

"How would Jungkook be jealous if he broke up with Jimin and cheated on him with Taehyung!?" Seokjin practically yelled and I punched his arm, scaried that the old lady would come back.

"Didn't you see back there in the cafe? Jungkook looked hurt when he saw Jimin on the verge of tears. The kid still loves him and he only cheated on Jimin because he never had  with him. Taehyung is basically only his buddy, you know? Friends with benefits kind of thing." Hoseok stated as Seokjin looked shocked.

Is that why he broke up with me? The guilt of him cheating on me was too unbearable and so he decided to break it off? He could've just told me he wanted ! I could've put in more effort on preparing myself for it. This is all my fault, this whole breakup is because I was just too wimpy to have with him. 

That still doesn't change the fact that he cheated on me with Taehyung. But a fake boyfriend? Just for revenge? Just to make Jungkook jealous? Isn't that a little too much, but then if I dont get a boyfriend I'll have to consistently see Jungkook with Taehyung, being ual towards one another and it'll only pain me.

"Wait, how do you know all this, Hoseok?" Jin asked as he made himself comfortable, expecting a full on story of this love triangle.

"When I found Jungkook kisses Taehyung, he told me why he was cheating. He needed someone to relieve stress from and Taehyung has this deep crush on Jungkook. It was the perfect oportunity for him, but I feel bad for the kid. Jungkook's only using him for pleasure."

I shivered as I remembered kissing Jungkook with Taehyung's scent lingering on his clothes. Of course I wondered why since they're so distant, but I never thought much of it. 

"So, what do you say?" Hobi's eyes lit up once again.

"Why can't you just be my fake boyfriend? It makes much more sense. You've been with me since day one, we're in the same dance program. It won't make Jungkook suspicious because he knows you." I said pleading, giving my best puppy dog eyes. 

"It logical," agreed jin.

Hobi smiled, but shook his head. He pinched my cheeks again, "I can't, Jimin. I'm afraid I'll fall for your charm and my love for you will be real. That's why strangers are way more reliable because there's no feelings attacted and I attached to things like crazy." I sighed deeply, but I understand. I don't want us to be awkward and have to end up breaking Hobi's heart. I nodded sadly.

"Fine, you make a point. I'll get a fake boyfriend. But, where?" My curiousity was building up and I was afraid I'll end up having a serial killer as my fake boyfriend. 

"I knew you would agree, so I contacted Jongin and he said from the site buytheperfectboyfriend.com. His boyfriend was completely normal, they even do background checks on those who are sighing up to be fake boyfriends. It's still a lot of money. One hug is the equivalent to what Jin makes in a day."

"What!? For one little hug!? Thats absurd!" Jin was about to say more thing, but I cut him off.

"Let's go to the site. I don't care about the money, I just want to see Jungkook crumble before me." 

 

~

Yoongi will come soon, please bear with me lovelies. Thank you for your support.