Chapter 3: Friends?

If tomorrow never comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twilight melted away, majestic sunrise, red orange glow seeping over the horizon as if the light itself was being poured from a molten sun. Powerful rays flood over the sky, the lighting every blade of grass, shining from each leaf. The lines of glares that shot Pie's eyelids that made awaked.

Slowly and reluctantly, Pie uncover her face. She blink, close her eyes, and blink again. Streaks of sunlight penetrate the window and blind her. She sit up, drag her feet off the bed, and rub her knuckles onto her eyes. Pie stretch her arms above her head and yawn. She watch her legs dangle above the off-white polyester carpet.

How did I got here?

A squeeing plates, and kitchen utensils made a noise from the kitchen. 

Who ever could that be?

Nervous, anxious, fear, mixed feelings. However, Pie didnt change her mind, she wants to figure it out. For a little defense from herself, She took the pepper spray in her drawer, Pie step out from her bedroom and went to the kitchen, She slowly sneak at the counter Pie's eyes wander around until...

A tall man appeared behind her and said....

"Boo!"

"AHHH!" She quickly stretch her arms to the man, ready to spray. But just a second, the man suddenly grab it. Pie abruptly reach the frying pan and she turn again to the man.

"Who are you!?"

"Pie! Calm down.. God sakes! Its me Kim" 

Messy hair? Angry-cute face? Hhmmm. I love it.. Perfect for her 
Kim said to herself.

"Kim?" Pie uttered

Kim? Hhmm... right.. I remember now..

"We just met yesterday, dont tell me you have amnesia?"
Kim made a knock2x to Pie's head.

"Stop it Idiot!"

Yep.. she remembered me

Then Kim's stomach is grumbling, which means..

"Pie, Im hungry"

"Well, you can go home now"
Pie put the frying pan near in the sink, she went to the fridge and took a can of beer. She pass Kim and went to the couch. She turn on the Tv, and lie down on the comfty couch.

How can I go home? I dont know where to go.

Kim went to Pie, she kneeled down and face her.

"But Pie, I dont know this place"

Pie raised her eyebrow, she sit up, and crossed her arms.

"You know how to cook?"

"Of course I do :)"

"Well, get your on the kitchen. Cook us for breakfast!"

Pie raised her voice to Kim and it made her jolted from the cold floor, then she walk to the kitchen, she open the double-door fridge. Kim made a drool to herself, they are put in a container, she can see some varities of vegetables, spices, chips, soda, chocolates, bread, eggs and fruits. Everything are in there.

Awesome!

Then she saw in the right side she saw an egg tray. She pick 5 eggs for Omellete. 
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. She gets a 1/4 cup milk, 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint or basil leaves, 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions, including 2 inches of the green tops
1/3 cup freshly grated imported Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons butter.

Kim took a mixing bowl, 
She beat the eggs with the salt and pepper until frothy, using a large fork or whisk, beat in the milk, parsley, mint, scallions, and cheese until well blended. Taste for seasoning.

"Are you done!?" Pie shouted from the living room. 

"Just a little more minutes Pie"

Then her eyes avert in the electric stove, its an automatic with many buttons. 

Oh my.. what will I do? In my home, I used firewood.
Said Kim.

"Pie?"

"What!?" Pie raised her voice again.

"What will I push?" Kim said

"Push what?"

"Will you just come here!?" Kim shouted, then a rapid angrily tapping footsteps Kim heard from the living room. Pie went to Kim and said.

"What is your problem?"

"This"
Kim point out to the electric stove. Suddenly, an unstrained burst of laughter came out from Pie. She laugh really hard at Kim. Bitterness, hate and pitied to herself, struck at Kim. Yes, Kim is an innocent person. She dont live in a very rich place. Although, she have a very kindful and good heart. 

"Pie, please help me too"

Haist... How I wish you knew about me.

"Hahah! Okay2x..!"
Pie finally push the low heat button where Kim waited, Kim felt relieved and she's back.

"Pie, you can go back now"
Without a second, Pie went back to her lair.

In a heavy skillet, Kim melt the butter over moderate heat. She pour in egg mixture and spread out evenly. The low heat, covered, and it cook until Kim can see the edges of the omelet begin to get firm. She uncover and run a spatula around the edges to keep it from sticking to the pan.

When the center of the omelet is almost firm, she place a plate over the skillet and invert, dropping the omelet onto the plate. She gently slide it back into the pan, cover, and cook a few minutes longer until the underside is lightly browned. Kim slide out onto a serving plate, cut into wedges, and serve at the table.

"Pie come here, breakfast's ready"
She place for Pie and for her, Kim sat down, waiting for Pie. 
Pie quickly fly off from her lair, went to the dining table and took a sit.

"Bon Appetit :)"

Pie took a bite, Surprisingly, she was shocked by the taste. Her eyes grew bigger. Delicious, delectable, its not expensive, but it taste like from a 5-star restaurant. Moist, delicate flavour, lingering on the palate, and tasty.

"Taste good right? :)" Kim lean at Pie, tucking her arms while feeding herself.

"I admit it, taste really good. So Kim, where do you live?"
She ask Kim directly.

"Far far away from here"

"Im serious" Pie glare at Kim.

Should I tell her? I know she'll mock me about my life. Well, guess we have to try.

"Okay, I live in a poor place. In other words, squatter or shanty town. And yes, I'm a poor person Pie. Were opposite." 
Kim look down at her plate preventing not to ooze her tears from her eyes, everytime someone ask about her life, Kim can't help it. But her tears starts to ooze.

Pie felt pity at Kim. But they just started, no need to change the topic.

"What do you do for a living?"

"I work at Aunt In's bistro as a waitress sometimes I play piano, it is located back at the Uni. Salary is good, its where I survived. I worked there 16 years now"

"Really? I thought you were a Chief,  you're a great cooker thou"
Pie trying to make Kim happy.

"Thank you, You done?" 
Pie handed her empty plate and Kim went to the sink and wash it.

"Kim"
Pie uttered at Kim's back.
Kim turn around and said

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry"

Wow, I'm surprised. I didnt know Pie can say sorry.

"For what?"

Kim wipe her wet hands at the clean cloth. And she face Pie.

"About earlier, about laughing at you"

"Its okay, Pie can I ask you a favor?"

"Sure? What is it?"

"Can you take me home?"

Right, she dont know where this place. Well, its a return from the Omellete.
Pie said to herself.

"Sure thing Kim"

"Thank you again Pie ^_^"

She's kinda cute. I love her charming smile.

****
While Kim watch the breath-taking view in the tall glass window, Pie make herself clean in the bathroom. Then Kim and Pie went out in the condo. Pie unlock the door. Kim went inside same with Pie.

*on the road*

"Pie, are you a.... hmm.. you know?"

"What?"

"Rich?" Kim uttered

Pie chuckle and said..
"Why'd you ask?"

"Im kinda curious"
Kim asked shyly.

"Hhmm.. Yes I am Kim"

"We are friends right?"
Pie made a glance at Kim

I wish I could ask another favor again.
Kim said to herself.

"Of course, we are friends"

"Yey!"

"Youre like a kid having a lollipop Kim" 
Pie chuckled at herself.

"Im just happy Pie, That I have a new friend. You know, I'm not a social person"

"Lucky I have a friend like you" Pie answered with a smile on her face. 

"Coz I'm a great cooker?" Kim wink at Pie, it made her chuckled.

"Because you're an idiot"
and both of them laugh together. 

"And you Pie? What do you do for living?"
Pie made a smirk to Kim.

"Kim.... I'm a C.E.O"
Pie look at Kim. And Kim got confused. 

"C.E.O?"

"Yes, do you know what's C.E.O?"
Kim shook her head 2 times. It means No.

"I'm a Chief Executive Officer, the highest-ranking person in our company, ultimately responsible for making managerial decisions."

I hope Kim understands what I'm talking.. 

"Uh?.. highest-rank? You mean position?"

"Yes Kim"

So she is really rich lady indeed.
Oh well, see ya again Pie 

Suddenly Kim said
"Pie, stop there" 
Kim point out a little further, Pie pulled over where Kim points out.
Both of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter