Chapter 8A: A day with a Psychopath

If tomorrow never comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun that was orange only an hour ago, shining warmly upon the night-chilled soil has become a yellow inferno. There is no more softness to the world, no more hint of the night as it ebbs away. It was bright and early for now. Its rays, like fingers stretching across the darkened sky, bring with it a new day. Gradually, the sun fills the sky with its brilliance and a warm glow. I glance at Pie and she smiled at me.

"I can't believe we're going for a roadtrip again"
I surmised. Do you know where are we heading to?. Pie said her Dad wants her to check up their little house somewhere in the Lakorn province.

"Actually, it's a little house surrounded by farm"
Pie said. I can't imagine what it really does look like. I mean, maybe they have different kinds of animals. Horse, goats, chickens or maybe they do have all of it. Plants, crops and vegies are there. I wonder who's taking care of their farm. Without my conciousness, Pie suddenly stop under this Pine shady tree. I wander my eyes at outside, there wasn't a farm house I saw. It was like a forest here. Big trees, autumn leaves were decomposing and uncutted grasses.

"Kim, I need to pee"
What?. But can't she just hold it?. Does she really needs to pee in this creepy forest?. I look at her and she was agonized at me.

"Seriously, here?"
I said confusedly. You know it looks pretty terrifying because maybe there's a snake under those deomposed leaves.

"I can't hold it anymore. Could you go with me?"
Pie said as she taps her feet fastly and it makes me think that it's really a necessary thing. She was pitying at me whereas I felt pitied on her also. You know I'm her only friend or her servant here. Also, an enemy. But I think I don't give a heck if she's my enemy for now. 

"Okay, let's go"
I said. With a swift movement, Pie quickly went outside. I walk to the other side which she is waiting for me. All of a sudden, she grips and crumpling my shirt. I think she really need to pee. I wander my eyes around and this road is too silent. Fairly, there aren't no vehicles passing by. I suppose it's the perfect timing to pee on this side. 

"Do you really think I'll pee here?"
She said while she's holding her tummy. She was in pain or agonized that she can't hold it anymore. To be honest, she really don't have a choice but to pee under her car.

"Well, obviously there aren't much vehicles were passing here, Pie. No one can see you"
I shrugged letting her know my opinion. Honestly, it too silent here that I can almost hear the birds tweeting. But suddenly, she grasp my arm, sunking her nails unto my skin. No, not the petite devil Pie again.

"You idiot!. I want a sweet spot!"
Pie yelled and she suddenly slap my arm.

"Okay-okay!. Where do you want to pee?, Your highness?"
Such a choosy petite lady. I look at her and she points further where its full of trees. Creepy forest.
I can't do anything nevertheless I know she'll smack my head if I quarrel with her. She start to drag me and I shamble lazily. Pie drags me while I follow where this little devil goes. While walking, she wander her head looking for her "sweet spot". And every corner of my eyes, my mind see creepy things but reality it wasn't. It's just my stupid brain thinking of monsters in this forest. With a miracle, we stop at this tree where this is gonna be her "sweet spot". I glance at her and she was glad that she'll finally let out. She abruptly let go of my hand and hurriedly unbotton her shorts. I almost saw her private part nonetheless I quickly turn my back and awaits for her. As she finally let out, Pie is so relieved. 

"Are you done?" 
I said.

"No, not yet. Wait, why'd you have to turn your back?"
Pie voiced out as she's still doing her thing. Well, isn't it obvious?.

"Seriously Pie, if I watch you doing your thing I know you'll call me a ert tom. Besides, it's too disrespectful if I'll watch you"
I honestly said to her. Even though I am still a girl, I know she felt embarass if I watch her. Also me, it's very annoying and very ert to think.

"Such a gentletom you are. Anyway, I'm done"
Well, that was quick. As I turn my back to her, she suddenly crumple my face with her wet hands. Seriously?!, why her hands are so wet?!. Oh no, maybe this is her pee!. Quickly, I shove her away and wipe my face against the cloth of my shirt. Eww!

"Pie, you're so disgusting!"
I snarl annoyingly to her. I walk away from her and she followed me going towards the car. Suddenly, a heavy body I felt is clunging at my back. Pie climb into my back where I almost slump due to out of balance. And now, Pie is clunging at my back like a monkey. While I am limping, she always laugh at me.

"Hahaha, you think it's my pee right?. Did you?"
Pie laugh idiotically as she bites my skin. Her teeth is sunking at my back whereas I think she's now turning a monster. She bits my upper muscle at my back, after that moment she was sniffing like a dog. Pie is so weird. Then I carefully move away from her which I successfully made it. I cuffed both of her wirst and face her.

"Pie, why I can't understand you?. You're obviously acting like a kid and a weirdo at the same time"
I said in front of her while gripping both of her wrist because if not, I know she'll clung at me or maybe slap or smack me for sure. I look at her but her stare wasn't natural like a stare when you look at people's eyes. I could sense that her stare it has an alluring and glowing desire. Pie is smiling so close to me that her eyes went chinky.

"Again, why'd you have to act like that earlier?"
I ask her one more time. 

"It's because I love you"
She said as she cutely smile to me. Pie tried to escape her wrist but I grip it hardly. 

"Uhm?. You love me? Are you joking?"
I said with a quizzical tone. Upon waiting for her answer, my heart just skipped a beat. Anxious and nervous. Or maybe I'm fluttered. Wait, maybe Pie is joking. I look at her once again and she's still smiling at me.

"Mm-mm, I do love you. But in a friendship way. Seriously, I don't have special feelings for you"
Oh okay. Carefully, I let her go. I still can't believe that this petite is still annoying. But wait, does she really loves me?. Yeah right, just as friends. I'm glad that too. And no way I'm going to fell inlove with some kind of psychopath.

******

After our weird time back in the forest, we finally touchdown on our destination.

"We're here, Kim"
With these wooden fence, Pie drove this car going to the old house. I wander my eyes outside, observing what does their hacienda looks like.
The farm grew up out of the pale green hills as if it had always been part of the scenery. The house itself was a beautiful brick, the colours being the hues of the land herself, rustic brown striations on grey rock. Upon the rolling fields grew potatoes, turnips and all the root vegetables. From the windmill the ground sloped westward, down to the barns and granaries and the pig-yards. This slope was trampled hard and bare, wand washed out in winding gullies by the rain. Beyond the corncribs, at the bottom of the shallow draw, was a muddy little pond, with rusty willow bushes growing about it. We went outside and the first thing who greet us, is a man. A farmer. I suppose he is the caretaker. 

"Ms. Pie, I didn't expect that you'd come"
He said as he smile shyly to Pie. Hmm, he seems to be nice and kind. 

"Goodmorning, Uncle Ood. My dad suppose to be here today, and I guess he can't. So, he errand me to check up his land"
Pie said.

"Yes, sure Ms. Pie"
As Uncle Ood leads the way, Pie suddenly stop me. She said I should stay put my feet in here. Do you know why?. Literally, she wants me to guard her car whereas she'll go wander around in the farm. So irritating right?. I expect to myself that I also come with them together nevertheless I'm not. And it made me ashamed.

"Make sure there's no scratch after I'll go back!"
She said as she warns me using her finger. Seriously, I felt like I am really her dog. 

"Yes, I will your highness. I reassure you it'll be no scratch"
I said that just to make her satisfy. Of course, why would I quarrel with that devil lady that I know I will get lose in the end. After all, I am such a big losser. And after that, they left me here stooding up like a statue. When their presence disappear on my sight, I mumble myself. Cursing and backstab her. You know I hate her. A hundred percent I do. Well, I know she hates me also because she knows I hate her too. 

"I can't believe my fate is entangle with some kind of psychopath!"
I shamble lazily while babbling non-sense. Then I growl and snarl madly like monster. Yes, for some reason I just want to scream making my angerness out!.

"Grr!. I hate you Pie Suchar!"
Angrily, I kick the stone and it hitted the car's bumper. It was a loud click noise I've heard. For sure I know that I accidentally hit it!. I quickly run towards the car, I scrouch down and nervously check the front bumper.

"Oh no!. I am so dead!"
I exclaimed as I touch the rough sharp part and I saw a white scratch. A little damage that it'll make my life end!. I know Pie will see this later as the matter of fact, it really can be seen even if it's a little white scratch. You know her car is colored black. And yes, I'm so dead later!.

"Okay, chill Kimhan"
No!, I can't be relax!. For some matter, this is a serious situation!. The next thing I know is like I am acting like a crazy person. I nervously walk back and forth in front of Pie's car. Walking, talking and thinking what will I do but I guess I have no idea. Okay, think Kim!. Think something good!. Answer you idiot brain!. No, I can't fix it!. Maybe yes, I can!. Maybe yes maybe not!.

"Paint... Yes, paint!"
Ha-ha!. No wait, where am I going to get that?. I anxiously wander my eyes around me and with a miraculous moment I saw a little boy who's playing with his toy car in the mud. Maybe he's the son of Uncle Ood.

"I hope he knows. I'll give it a try"
Quickly, I went to his spot and directly ask of what I really need. A spray paint which is black. He paused, think first and finally gives me an answer.

"Yes, we do have that one. Wait here, Mister!. I'll be right back"
He said and he hurriedly run through inside the barn. Upon waiting for him, I also check Pie if she's here. You know I'm pretty terrified, it's because I know I'll make her totally steamed up!. Of course!, I will save my away from that petite devil!.

"Mister!"
A voice I've heard inside the barn. I glance at him and it's a very bad luck because he raise a spray paint which is color Blue. No, a dark blue spray paint kid!. Don't you have black?!.

"No, not that one!. Black!, like this car!"
I shouted to him as I show him Pie's car. I guess he fairly don't know what is black. Then he nods at me and went back to find again. As for myself, I am still here spying every corner. You know Pie is like a mushroom, who pops out suddenly!. And no way, I can't let this bumper unfixed!. Needless to say, it's my fault also even if it's accidental. 

"Mister mister!"
Subsequently, I saw him running towards at me like he was in hurry. The boy quickly handle me the exact color which I really need the most. Black spray paint. Thank God he saved me!.

"Here ya' go Mister!. Don't tell my papa that I stole it"
He said. And I could see that he's afraid too.

"Yes, I won't. Don't worry"
Of course, it's our secret only. Then I scrouch down, shaking the paint and aiming the spot. The terrible white scratch. As I spray little by little, all of a sudden I heard chatting voices. And I know it was them comming to us.

"Quickly, Mister!. They're comming!"
Hurriedly, I spray once again and observe. The white spot has gone. It was covered all black, looks totally fine like before.

"Okay, done!"
I said and I abruptly handle to him. He run away from me, dashing through to the barn. As the voices gets nearer and nearer, I jolt up and stood up like nothing happens. I look at them with my normal stare, stooding like a guard and curve a nervous smile. Oh dear, I really wish that her instinct won't know about this terrible problem of mine. Thus, I need to fake myself also. Until then, Pie took a glance at me and I just smiled again. While they're chit-chatting, they're also pacing themselves going to my spot until they are now here. I took a glance at the barn and I saw P'Ood's son is sneaking out of it. Carefully, I gave him a thumbs up, he smile to me once again and quickly went inside to their house.

"Don't you wanna see him again?"
Says P'Ood. Back again, I am still here, listening to their conversation. And I guess Pie wouldn't let introduce me to her caretaker. 

"Why?, where is he?" 
Pie said with her happy smile.

"He'll be back home by now. By the way, don't you wanna see him?. You know Ms. Pie, he've always wanted to see you. At times, he said that he really missed you. I know he'll get a little bit crazy later if he see you" 
Then he smiled out to Pie. Hmm, I felt like I'm out of place again. Wait, who's Him?. I glance at Pie with my curious look. You know I'm just curious.

"Oh, I do miss him too, Uncle Ood. Well, it's been years I haven't visit and seen him. Also, I guess this is the perfect time to meet him again"
Pie said. I could see that Pie is happy and excited to see her "Him". I really wonder what does he looked like.

"Wow, that's great of you Ms. Pie. So, I think I leave you too here. Is it okay for the two you?. We'll gather later if he's back"

"Yes, sure P'Ood. Hmm, we will wander around here while waiting for him" 

"Okay then. See you later, Ms. Pie and you too, Kimhan"
Oh, he knows my name already. That's surprising. I guess Pie let P'Ood knows about me. Later on, P'Ood went back to his work and we're here again watching around us. I glance at Pie and she's staring at her car. Needless to say, I'm getting worried of the bumper.

"So, did my car got hurt?. My instinct says it was"
Then she grin devilishly at me. Oh, I knew she could sense it. Oh no.

"Of course not!. Your car wasn't hurt nor even had a scratch. Look at her, beautiful as ever like you, Your highness"
Sarcastically, I chuckle as I wipe the hood. I tried to smile at Pie and I think it was a nervous one. I felt like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter