two.

you're a work of art.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yewon loved art. She loved art a lot that she had been drawing since she was three years old. Her parents once told her that she would draw anywhere as long as she had a pencil or crayon in hand. She was even reprimanded a few times for drawing on the wall.

 

Her parents gave her an art set on her eighth birthday and that was the most happiest they had ever seen her. Yewon’s eyes were twinkling with excitement upon seeing the set and it made her parents feel warm on the inside seeing how their precious child loved their gift.

 

Staring at her hands, Yewon released a long sigh as she clenched them up into a fist. More than a month had passed and Yewon was still not able to complete any drawings even if she forced herself to do so. It frightened her that she would soon lose the motivation to draw again. She was extremely sure of her future as an artist that she never came up with a backup plan for her future. Her parents had even bought her a small building in Seoul for her to set up her very own gallery to display all her artworks.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim were highly supportive of her being an artist. Her brother and older sister too. They were initially her source of motivation to continue what she loved doing but as of late, they were getting busy and Yewon could barely get any comments from them. Every time she approached them with her incomplete artwork at night, they would tell her that they were tired and walked away without even sparing a glance at her drawings. It saddened her but she understood her family well.

 

“I heard from Yuna that you didn't manage to complete your work.”

 

Snapping from her thoughts, Yewon looked up from her clenched fists and analysed the person in front of her: Thick glasses. Crease-free shirt. Black polka dot tie. Slightly plump in size.

 

Professor Im.

 

“I don't know if I can face her now,” Yewon smiled sadly as she returned to looking at her hands, unable to look at the man in front of her eye-to-eye.

 

“Are you still having a hard time trying to complete your drawings?”

 

The visual arts major nodded her head unwillingly. As much as she wanted to deny it, she could not lie to Professor Im. The lecturer was like her second father. After her family had gotten extremely busy, Professor Im would be the first one she goes too whenever she needed an opinion about her unfinished artwork. He was the only one she could trust to give constructive criticism. There were other lecturers she could approach but she was only comfortable with Professor Im since he was a close friend of her father.

 

“I really think Yuna is the perfect muse for you, Yewon,” Professor Im chuckled softly as he walked around the room to take a look at his student’s old masterpiece. “She’s a really bright student. Her smile can lighten one’s mood easily and when she starts to sing, it’ll feel like you’ve fallen in love for the first time all over again.”

 

Yewon smiled at his words. “She did tell me that she’s majoring in music but I don’t think I’ve ever heard her sing before.”

 

“Maybe,” Professor Im stopped walking around and stood in front of Yewon before pulling a ticket out of his back pocket. “You should watch the mini concert she’s going to perform on this coming Friday.”

 

Yewon’s eyes enlarged at the sight of the ticket and immediately shook her head, pushing the ticket back to the lecturer. “You know how I can’t deal with crowds well.”

 

“Don’t you want to apologise to her after what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter