one.

you're a work of art.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuna did not understand why she was chosen.

 

It was so sudden that she was not able to reject her professor’s request even if she wanted to. He told her that Kim Yewon, a sophomore student majoring in visual arts needed someone to be her main subject for a project and he felt that Yuna was perfect for it. She wanted to further ask him what the project was about but all he told her was that she should meet this Kim Yewon herself to get her answers.

 

It wasn't that Yuna did not want to help the sophomore out. She was willing to give a helping hand because her professor added that she would be given extra credits for helping out but what she did not quite understand was why the visual arts major needed a subject. It was semester break and and all projects should have been completed before the semester ended.

 

Yuna sighed softly as she looked up at the sky that was slowly darkening although it was only half past nine in the morning. The cold breeze gently brushed against her skin, making her shove her hands into the pockets of her cardigan to get as much heat as she could. She had no umbrella with her and could only hope that the bus would arrive soon so that she would not have to run into the school campus and end up all wet and unpresentable in front of Yewon, someone who she was going to meet for the first time. First impressions were crucial and Yuna definitely did not want to screw that up.

 

Plugging her earpiece into the headphone jack of her phone, Yuna slotted the buds in her ears before putting her playlist on shuffle. She then glanced at the road for a brief while, frowning slightly after upon seeing that there was still no sign of an oncoming bus when it was supposed to have arrived a few minutes ago. She had approximately half an hour left to get to school and the bus ride to school takes at least twenty five minutes, leaving her only five minutes to get to the Arts block which is located at the right-hand corner of the school building on the second floor.

 

The bus arrived soon after and Yuna quickly rushed to her favourite seat— second last row on the left from the back, near the window. She let out another quiet sigh when she realised that she was going to be late for a few minutes after checking the time on her phone. She knew she was done for when a quick flash of lightning appeared in her sight followed by the growling of thunder. If only she had Yewon’s number, she could have told her she would be late so that she would not be feeling as guilty as she was at the moment.

 

When this rain falls on my head

I’ll get all wet even my heart

 

Yuna snorted. It was a coincidence that it started to pour heavily outside when the song just started. She briefly closed her eyes and rested her head on the window panel, letting her music and the sound of rain pouring outside take over her mind. It was calming but she felt lonely at the same time. Her heart and body was aching for someone’s warmth. She envied her friends who already had a significant other at such an age. It was not like she had not been finding hers but none of them was able to make her feel the warmth that she wanted from a person.

 

The rain did not stop when Yuna alighted from the bus. She was already five minutes late for the meet up and she had no idea how to get into the campus without gaining attention from the other students and professors that were in school. Keeping her phone and earpiece safely in her bag, Yuna took her cardigan off and placed it over her head before making a sprint into the school compound.

 

A soft curse immediately left her lips when her feet stepped on a puddle of water, causing her white sneakers to get wet. “Why does it have to rain today,” she muttered under her breath once she got into the building, staring at her shoes helplessly.

 

Not wanting to waste anymore time, she hurriedly made her way to the Arts block without stopping by the washroom to get herself dried up first.

 

~.~.~

 

“I’m sorry for being late!” Yuna apologized as soon as she entered the room. She felt like it was the right thing to do.

 

However, instead of getting a reply, Yuna was greeted by the sight of the sophomore sleeping peacefully. She was seated on a stool with her head lying on her arms that were resting comfortably on the desk. Yuna felt bad instantly for making her wait to the point that she fell asleep. She wanted to wake her up but something inside her told her to let Yewon— if that really was her— sleep more so she just stood by the girl and unknowingly started tracing her features with her eyes.

 

She's cute, Yuna thought as she continued to stare at the sleeping figure, unconsciously smiling when she heard light snores coming from her. Her eyes then darted across the room and she could not keep her jaw closed when she noticed the many paintings and sketches that were all over the room. There were mostly portraits and a few landscape paintings and Yuna was drawn to all of them. She had seen a lot of art exhibitions held in school but she had never seen any of these artworks presented at any of those events. They were simply amazing and it made her wonder if Yewon was the one who did all those.

 

“... Oh?”

 

Yuna felt her back tensed up and she quickly turned her attention back on the girl when she heard the soft voice. Their eyes met and Yuna felt her breath hitched in as she stared back at those curious, wide eyes.

 

There was a pregnant silence before Yuna finally found her voice to speak.

 

“I-I’m sorry for intruding. Professor Im told me that you needed a subject for your project and I’m here to help you out.”

 

The student continued to look at Yuna curiously as if trying to read her expression. Feeling uncomfortable with the stare, Yuna gazed outside the window, finding the raindrops pattering against the window pane more interesting at that moment.

 

“You are Kim Yewon, right?” she asked unsurely without looking at the student. She had a feeling that the latter was still staring at her.

 

“I— I'm sorry,” the girl cleared and sat upright on her stool, her cheeks heating

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter