Irreconcilable differences….?

Seoul... I'm in Love!

 

Nothing really works for Kyuhyun.. He tried all of his best to contact her.. but nothing works… everyone were trying to block her from him…

He called her family almost every day right after they took her… Her parents didn’t want to talk to him, he didn’t blame them, even his own parent doesn’t want to talk to him either… Everyone blamed him for what had happened… His parents refused to give her US address to him… And he was so stupid that he didn’t even know much about his wife, not even her home address…

He called the home phone number that she usually dialed form his cell phone… the helper in the house always pick up his phone call… She didn’t let him know anything, she only told him that the family refused to talk to him… they wished that he would stop calling them…

He was so desperate to find out her condition, the helper refused to tell him anything… He asked for her hospital address, condition, whether or not she regained her consciousness… but she just wouldn’t let him know a thing.. “an instruction from the boss” she said…

Because he only speak limited English, Henry helped him to translate sometimes.. he prepared a list of questions to ask everyday…. He would call her, ask her the same question, and received no answer other than the boss told her not to tell him anything…

He thought that she finally came to pity him, when he got frustrated one time, he asked her… “She…. Alive?” that’s the only thing that he needs to know… Unexpectedly, she answered his question, “Yes” she said slowly.

With that, Kyuhyun felt a little bit at ease… at least she’s still alive… He keeps calling them almost every day to check on her condition…. About a month later, the helper told him ( through Henry) that Nana got discharged from the hospital… However she’s still weak and not in a good condition… she wouldn’t let him know any more details than that… but he really appreciate it… at least he knows that she’s getting better…

Kyuhyun would give anything just to be able to see her again… to be able to see those red blushes on her cheeks again, to be able to see her smile again… to be able to hug her with his arms..

He hadn’t been able to do anything, except thinking of her… It’s true, you didn’t know that you love someone this much until you lost them… He told his parents that he’s still her husband, so he has the right to know where she is… however his parent asked him if he ever actually acted as a husband for her? If not, then he has no right to know where she is.

 

Super Junior Dorm…..

 

Kyuhyun went back to the dorm from a schedule one day and found Victoria in the living room, she looked as if she had cried a lot…

“Kyuhyunieeee…” she said looking at him with teary eyes...

Kyuhyun hadn’t met her for so long… In fact, not after their vacation last time, Victoria went to China filming for a new drama right after that…

“Song Qian-ahhhh, is something wrong?” he asked

Victoria nodded, “I’m…. I’m so sorry Kyuhyun-ahhh” she said started to cry again

“What’s… what’s wrong….?” He asked

“I… I found out that Nana-sshi was innocent back then” she said sobbing

“What… what do you mean?” he asked confusedly

“She… she didn’t take the necklace or our picture” she said without looking at him

“Who… who did?” he asked in disbelieved

“A…. a… our members did it… Kyuhun-ahhhh” she said almost whispering

 “Whattt???????????? But…. But why? That doesn’t make any senses!” Kyuhyun was shocked

“They… they thought that you’re starting to fall for her, so they wanted to help me, Kyuhyun-ahhh. So it’s my fault too… they finally told me a week ago, because they didn’t expect Nana-sshi to become really ill… “ she said still sobbing

Kyuhyun’s head is almost exploded, he got so dizzy, he didn’t know what to do.

“I… I… I didn’t believe her… I… I was mad at her… I… I hurt her feelings” he mumbled and disoriented

“Me too Kyuhyun-ahhhh…… I’m so sorry, but they didn’t mean it….  If…if you want to blame someone then blame me instead.. they did it for me” she said, not able to look at him

“I…. I didn’t believe this…. I… I didn’t trust her….. if there’s someone who should trust her, that’s me! I’m… I’m her husband…. I… I lived with her for a while already… How… How… could I just… I totally ignored her… I… I let her down…” Kyuhyun said stuttered, buried his face in his palms

 “Kyuhyun-ahhh, I’m… I’m so sorry…. The members are regretting it so much as well… they feels really guilty and responsible for what happened to her, Kyuhyun-ahh….” She said again

“Me…. Me too… I let my dong sheng down….. I didn’t trust her…. “ she continued

Kyuhyun shook his head, “I’m the one to blame…. If only, I trusted her… none of these would happened” he said looking down

Victoria left him alone as he tried to put himself back together. She looked at him sadly, her heart hurt a lot…

. “I don’t care if everyone doesn’t believe in me, but as long as you believe me that I didn’t do it, I’ll be fine”, “Kyuhyun-ah, you don’t even ask me if I really did that”, “Kyuhyun-ah, don’t you believe me?”

Her voice echoed in his head. How could he betray her like that? She always believes in him. When he said that he would pick her up for date, she trusted him that he would show up that she waited 5 hours for him. But what about him? He didn’t even ask her if she really did it....

He slapped his face hard, “Yah! Cho Kyuhyun, you dare not believing your wife????” he yelled at himself.

“Cho Kyuhyun! You even let her getting slap twice??????? And you didn’t do anything to protect her????!!!!” he slapped his other cheeks this time, he was so mad at him self

Leeteuk and some of the members went out of their rooms after hearing a big slap. They found the magnae, slapping himself hard…

“Kyuhyun-aaahhh! Yah! What are you doing? Are you mad?” Lee Teuk asked him

Kyuhyun looked at the leader, “Yes Teuk hyung…. I’m mad!!!! I’m mad at my self!!!!!! I didn’t believe in my wife!” he said and started sobbing, buried his face in between his knees

Kyuhyun told the stories to the other members in between his sob… the members didn’t say anything, they kept silent…. Each of them feels guilty, especially Leeteuk… he looked at the ceiling at times.. trying to hid his tears…

The members helped Kyuhyun back to his room, he was laying on his bed… He faced the wall now, wondering what she saw every night… He missed her so much… He missed the touch of her back on his, it gave him the warm feeling… He actually stared at her while she sleeps a couple times before… at times, he also stole some kisses from her..  Looking at her sleeping next to him gave him so much comfort… but now, nothing is there to support his back….

 

3 months later…..

Kyuhyun couldn’t do anything right for the past months; his focus is still on Nana all the time… He rarely meet Victoria as well, the office moved f(x) dorm so it won’t create rumors… They never really talk anymore…. He don’t know whether or not they’re still in a relationship… It seems that they broke up without even need to say it to each other….

“Kyuhyun-ah” leeteuk came in the dorm with a happy face

He hadn’t seen him this happy since Nana left….  He looked depressed most of the time…

“I got Nana-sshi’s address in America” he said holding a piece of paper

Kyuhyun was shocked, he jumped from his seat, “HYUNGGGGGGGGG!!! how did you get it Hyung?” he asked, surprised

“I…. I went to your parent house and beg them to give me this” he said shyly, “I… I didn’t know what to do to say that I’m sorry…. I just figure it out yesterday… “ he said

“Hyung…. Thank you so much!” Kyuhyun hugged his oldest hyung tightly… “I wouldn’t forget this” he said

“I’m going to call the airlines now… “ he said running around looking for the airlines number

Leeteuk stopped him, “I bought you a ticket for tomorrow’s morning flight already Kyuhyun-ah… “ he said and handing him a plane ticket

Kyuhyun looked at the leader in disbelieved, “Hyu…. Hyung…. “ he hugged him again… , “Thank you so much Hyung!” he said very thankful

“No need to thank me Kyuhyun-ah, just bring my sister in-law home… I’ll be more than happy!” he said encouraging him.

 

San Francisco, USA

Kyuhyun looked at the mansion in front of him, it’s big!

It’s true that he never really knows anything about Nana. She was actually lived in a really nice place like this, her bad luck was when she had to marry me! I messed up her life! I made her move all the way to Korea, leaving all of these comfort behind. I made her do so many chores, when she probably has maids to do it for her in this place. We accused her stealing, did so many bad things to her.

He pressed the bell.  A middle-aged woman came out and asked him, why he’s there.

“Me? Kyuhyun.. Nana’s husband” he said reading a paper guideline that Henry had written for him in english

The woman smiled a little and let him in. When he was inside, he asked to see her.

The woman shook her head and motioned him to wait in the big living room.

He looked around and found many pictures of her, starting from baby pictures up to her graduation pictures. She looked so happy in those pictures. She smiled or grinned widely in the pictures. Kyuhyun sighed heavily,  Did I make you suffer a lot? You never smile like that…

“Eheemmm…..” Kyuhyun heard a voice behind him

Kyuhyun turned around and found Mr. Lee, Nana’s father behind him. He got startled and bowed to him. He didn’t seem too please to see him.

“What do you want?” he asked in a harsh tone

“A…aboji….” Kyuhyun bowed again, “I… I want to meet Nana-sshi” he continued

Mr. Lee shook his head, “Go Home!” he said coldly

“I… Please…. A… Aboji…” Kyuhyun pleading

He still shook his head, “I want you… go home” he said in his broken Korean

Kyuhyun shook his head too, “I travelled 9,000 kms in order to get here Aboji, I wouldn’t back down just because you said so” he said firmly “Please just give me a chance to explain some things to you and Nana” he continued

Mr. Lee looked at him in disbelieved, “Tell me one thing, Kyuhyun-sshi. Did you give my daughter a chance to explain herself when everyone accused her?”

Kyuhyun was startled, he shook his head slowly.

“Then base on what do you think you deserve one?” he asked him again

“A… aboji… I” Kyuhyun tried to answer his questions, but he cut him

“I will tell you one thing though! My daughter had always been the happiest person in the world, she has bubbly personality. Every time we called her, she always told us how happy you guys are, and how nice you were to her. If that’s really the case, why would she be on this state right now? Do you know that she has depression as well??? She cried a lot once she regained her consciousness, she called your name at night when she sleeps. I couldn’t bear looking at my daughter like that. It’s breaking my heart to see her that way…. Even so, she didn’t want to let me know what had happened! I need to hire a psychiatrist to talk to her, in order for her to open up! So tell me, Cho Kyuhyun?! What did my daughter ever did to you that she deserved to be treated like this????” he looked so mad

Every word that Nana’s father said like a sword tearing apart his heart. He regretted everything he did, he wished to tell him that if he was able to switch his position with her, he would… if he could turn back the time, he would already did that a long time ago…

“Please let her be, please don’t look for her anymore… she’s no longer here anyway….” He said looking so tired

“A… aboji….. please let me know where she is…. “ Kyuhyun said desperately

The man in front of him shook his head hard, “I don’t even know where she is right now, she left the house because she didn’t want to worry us… she only sent us a picture of her every week, but we didn’t know where exactly she is… “ he said “Please just go home” he said again, “It hard for us to see you here” with that he walked away

Kyuhyun left in the living room… feeling like the biggest jerk on earth…

The middle age woman approached him slowly… “Kyuhyun….” She said

Kyuhyun looked up, he recognized her voice, she’s the one who always answered his phone call

“Nana… in Korea…” she gives him a picture of her.

Kyuhyun took the picture from her, he looked at the girl in the picture, she’s smiling, the warm smile that he misses the most… he recognize the building behind her… it’s the Dongdaemun (Great East gate) in Seoul!

He turned the picture, he could recognize the writing, it’s her!

Dear Mom and Daddy…

I’m fine! Please don’t worry! Woo Bin oppa is fine too…

Love, Nana…

Woo Bin??? Kyuhyun looked up to the woman in front of him, he bowed to her to thank her…. He walked slowly to the front door…

So she left with Woo Bin?? She…. Did she forget about me already? Didn’t she like me? Is it will end just like this…

 Back in Seoul…..

Kyuhyun couldn’t sleep at all… he’s staring at the picture in his hand… He looked at the girl in the picture.. She’s really pretty but she’s really cute too… He just couldn’t understand why he never realizes it before? Why he never realize that he fell for her??

“Kyuhyu-ah…” someone knocked his door, Leeteuk showed up

“You haven’t sleep since last night? It’s noon already” he said

Kyuhyun shook his head

Leeteuk sighed heavily, “I’m sorry Kyuhyun-ah, I thought for sure it would bring you guys back together” he said looking down

Kyuhyun shook his head, “Hyung… I really appreciate what you did, at least now I know that she’s fine and save” he said tried to comfort the leader

Leeteuk smiled a little bit, “There’s someone looking for you Kyuhyun-ah… he’s outside” he said

Kyuhyun looked confused, “I’m not expecting anyone”

“He said he’s an attorney, I think it’s about your contract” Leeteuk said

Kyuhyun went outside to the living room and found a man suited up with a briefcase.

“Mr. Cho Kyuhyun?” he asked

Kyuhyun nodded, “And you are?”

“My name is Kim Tae shoo, I’m an attorney, representing Ms. Nana Lee” he answered

Degh! Kyuhyun felt his heart just fell to the ground

“Is… Is she okay?” he asked carefully

The attorney nodded, “I’m representing Ms. Nana Lee to give you this documents” he handed a big brown envelope for him

Kyuhyun opened the document, “ Petition for dissolution of marriage/ Divorce” The title said, Kyuhyun unknowingly drop the paper as soon as he read the title

“Di… Divorce?” he asked in disbelieved to the man in front of him

Attorney Kim nodded, He picked up the paper work and gave it to him, “Ms. Nana wishes to file for divorce silently so you guys don’t have to go to the court. All you need to do is sign, she already sign it, and I will submit it to the court. She said because you’re an idol, she doesn’t want anyone to know about this” he explained

Kyuhyun flipped the pages quickly and found her signature and stamp on the last page. Something caught his attention, Reason for divorce: Irreconcilable differences. What is that supposed to mean??? So many people uses this excuse to get a divorce that it loses its meaning…

He felt as if he’s not standing anymore, he felt the ground under him are cracking… Do you hate me that much that you want a divorce??

“Mr. Cho?” Attorney Kim asked him, “Do you have any questions? You and my client didn’t sign any prenuptial agreement which mean by law, any income that you got after the marriage will need to be divided between both of you. Since she didn’t have any income, that means all of your income after the marriage needs to be divided between you two.” He said, “However my client refused. She didn’t wish anything from you, after you sign this paper, and the court finalize it, she won’t ask anything from you” he continued

Kyuhyun didn’t really hear him… He lost in his own thought… A divorce?

“Mr. Cho, if you will, please sign this paper work” Attorney Kim said

Kyuhyun looked at the paper in his hand… After I sign this paper, she’ll no longer be mine.. she’ll be Woo Bin’s.. Does she hate me that much? Does she still loves Woo Bin? She looked so happy in the picture.. Should I let her have her happiness? Or should I be selfish?