Different

You Said Forever

Everything that Yoochun had asked for, we received almost instantly. Our only instructions were to spend all of our time together. He wanted us to regain our trust. Forgive each other. However, it was easier said then done. I tried to avoid Yunho as much as possible, especially alone. It wasn't that hard because Junsu and Yoochun liked to watch my every step.

 

I was only worried about getting healthy again. I felt as though as soon as I became healthy...maybe I would have enough strength to get my voice back. The doctor visited the apartment personally, giving me an excuse to stay away from Yunho. However, I didn't like the training. It was rough on my throat. The doctor often asked things of me that I wasn't capable of.

 

After training one night, I walked out into the living room where Yoochun and Yunho were yelling once again. I stayed away from the two of them, but watched from a distance.

 

"Why? Why after so many years. Why do we have to change our managers because that is what you wanted?"

 

Yunho was hotheaded and irrational. I suspected that he didn't like the decision, because he hadn't been part of it.

 

"Those managers are greedy. They don't care about us. They don't care anything except for how much money they are going to get in their pockets. They don't deserve to stay here."

 

Yoochun was bravely standing up to Yunho. I had never seen him do it till now. I shrinked into the hallway.

 

"I don't like change! I don't want to switch managers. Why do you have such an interest in them?" Yunho was heated...definitely beyond angry.

 

"Didn't I tell you. Jaejoong...Jaejoong hyung, he is like that because-"

 

"Don't Junsu. He doesn't deserve to know if he feels that way."

 

There was a pause in the talking. I dared to peak my head back into the living room. Both Yoochun and Yunho had their arms raised. They were ready to fight. I shook my head. I didn't want violence. I didn't want to see it.

 

"Stop! Hyungs! stop!" Changmin stepped in between them before coming over to me. He was warmhearted. He was brave enough to smile at me without pity...without remorse. It was what I needed and what I wanted.

 

"Jaejoong? Are you ok?"

 

I nodded my head at him. Somehow it felt like I had become the child for once, and he was the one taking care of me. He took my hand, leading me into the living room.

 

"Jaejoong? How did it go?"

 

I wasn't able to meet Junsu's eyes. He had been hoping for the same thing I had. I wanted my voice back just like he wished it. I shook my head. Nothing was working and it wasn't getting any better. Somewhere...something inside of me was still broken.

 

"It's ok, Jaejoong! It will surely come back, so don't worry. Let's eat."

 

They were acting as if nothing had happened. As if I hadn't witnessed what had almost been a fight. I ate slowly, wondering what it was we had to do. What did we have to do to trust each other once again. It seemed like a daunting and difficult task.

 

Dinner was disturbed by a knock at the door that Yunho was the first to answer. We all stood as Lee Soo Man walked in.

 

"I waited an entire week. I wanted to hear the words that you were all getting along. I wanted to hear that you all had the same bond that you used to have..."

 

I bowed my head. Even I knew that what he said was the truth. Things were only getting worse the longer we stayed together.

 

"So I have decided to send you all on vacation. I have two wishes while you are there. I want you to become friends and I want you all to heal. Forget what is in the past."

 

"Sir! Changmin and I have schedules...we don't have time."

 

Yunho was the first to jump.

 

"Don't worry. I canceled all of your schedules. Just enjoy your time with your members, because when you come back you'll be preparing your comeback as five."

 

I looked at him. It was impossible. I wasn't anywhere near ready. I mean, I wouldn't mind sitting out an album if that is what I deserved. I could take the punishment.

 

"Sir! We can't! Jaejoong!"

 

Yoochun objected. I stared at the floor.

 

"It's ok, Yoochun. I suspect that Jaejoong will come back in perfect condition."

 

I thought about what he had said. Could it really be possible? I felt as though there was something he wasn't telling us.

 

"Where are we going then?" Changmin asked curiously.

 

"You'll find out when you get there. Just be ready at 8am sharp."

 

He left just like that. With no more explanations...he left. Yunho left the living room. I wondered if even this would work out.

 

"Don't worry about him. We'll work everything out." Changmin winked at me and tried to reassure me. Since when did this kid grow up so much?

 

 

::Yunho P.O.V.::

 

Who would be happy about going on vacation when I had my own personal schedule and the schedule with Changmin? I had work...and I didn't have time to play stupid games. I didn't play around anymore. It was something that I had learned since Jaejoong...

 

I glared tiredly at the van in front of us. It was exactly like the van we had used when we all had the same schedule.

 

"Look! Yunho, isn't it amazing? It's just like the old van!"

 

Changmin ran ahead, admiring the van. I rolled my eyes. This was childish. Everything was so childish. Since things had happened the way they did, why hadn't we just kept them in the past? Why were we trying to form as five again?

 

Or even better, why couldn't they come back when Jaejoong could actually talk? Maybe then I could get some true answers.

 

I glanced at Jaejoong. He was staring at the van with wide-eyed admiration too. I had never seen him look so weak or so young before. How were we supposed to fix what was lone since broken between the two of us?

 

I huffed angrily before marching to the passenger seat.

 

The ride was pretty long. I tried to focus on where we were going...I was trying to figure it out, but my eyes kept drifting to the back. Jaejoong slept a lot. I hadn't really noticed it, but now that I thought about it. He slept a lot. More than he used to before. He was also cuter...slightly like a child. I mean more than he used to be. He played happily and quietly with Junsu in the back seat. I wondered if he was content with his silence. I wondered if he wanted his voice back?

 

"Ahhh hyung! Don't say that!" Junsu laughed loudly, his famous laugh. It had once been marked as 'Eung Kyang Kyang'. It was somewhat a relief to hear it now.

 

"Look!"

 

Changmin distracted me, pointing straight ahead. I had heard about this place. It was supposed to be a mountain hot spring. I wondered why of all places Lee Soo Man sent us here.

 

I wondered inside in front of everyone. Right now, I didn't know how to be amongst them. I didn't know how to be apart of them anymore. Besides, if I ws the first one in then I could decide what room I wanted.

 

I greeted the employees with a bow and I was about to wonder further into the building when one of them stopped me.

 

"I'm sorry young master, but first there must be a decision on who shall share a room with who."

 

I stared at the elder woman as if she was crazy. We weren't rookies anymore and we weren't on a variety show. Why would I put up with this?

 

"This is Lee Soo Man's request. If you decide to ignore it, then things will only get harder for you."

 

I stomped my foot. This isn't how things were supposed to be. I was supposed to have my way.

 

"Sounds like fun!"

 

Changmin commented from behind. I rolled my eyes. This was going to be a long vacation.