Chapter 4

The Aroma Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun POV

The sounds of waves crashing together, soothing piano and violin in the background. That’s all I hear before having to wake up in the morning. In case you want to know, I’m not the type of person who needs a loud alarm. Most of the time now my body gets up on its own, most of the time…… of course, it doesn't happen when I’m extremely tired after staying up all night. But I still wake up on my own.

When I wake up I immediately put my slippers on, which are already next to my bed, and make my way to the bathroom. I brush my teeth, and wash my face, using the cold water as a way to get my eyes to fully open. Before going to prepare my breakfast, I go to my closet to get my clothes ready for the day. On Friday’s, I start work at 8, but I always get there early, it’s easier for me to do that. Not only is it Friday, but it’s also the 5th anniversary of when I began the company, so the clothes I have to wear must be formal.

I look through everything I have, or all the suits to be more specific, and narrow it down to two choices. The first choice is a black dress shirt, with black dress pants, and a black jacket with red lines/squares, this one excludes a tie. For the second choice, I’ve got a light colored dress shirt with black/gray jacket and pants, this one includes a dark blue tie with different colored stripes (not rainbow colors though, that would be weird). After examining both of the suits I decide to go for the second choice, and leave the first suit for a different day.

I make my way to the kitchen to prepare some coffee along with a piece of bread with some jam. I usually eat a small breakfast because I'm saving my appetite for when I have lunch/dinner, best believe that’s when I eat a lot. Not only that but…….I'm terrible at cooking……

After I finish my breakfast, I make my way back to my room, grab my robe, and enter the bathroom. I then turn the water on, making sure it's at the perfect the temperature (not too hot or too cold), and get inside. I'm not the type of person who has a….. What do you call it??? Oh right, a “shower playlist”. I find I shower faster and smoother if I don't listen to music.

Once I'm done showering, I put my robe on and get all my products ready….. Just kidding…… I'm not that type of person either. All I do is put some moisturizer and lotion on to make sure my skin is nice and smooth. From there, I get my clothes on and fix my hair after drying it. Rather than letting it down and natural, I decide to part it and make it like those 80s greasers… I mean….. I look good.

I go to my office and prepare any documents I may need for the day, mostly just papers that Kangin needs me to look over and sign for that new video game we’re working on. I put them in my briefcase, get my car keys, lock the door of my house and leave.

If I'm being completely honest, I'm not too excited for this anniversary party. It's just a regular old day for me. Sure I'm extremely happy that my company's made it for this long, but each year it'll be the same thing. Now, this day has sort of lost its meaning to me. Before when I first started out and we barely made a year, that was something I was extremely proud of, but now….. I don't mean to toot my own horn…… I expect my company to succeed. I wouldn't be THE Cho Kyuhyun otherwise….

When I get to my car, I take a moment to enjoy the small breeze…… crap!!! The wind blew harder than I thought. I quickly get into my car, dropping my keys in the process, and check to see if my hair got messed up. Man that was a close one…. To think I could've ruined my looks just to appreciate nature… That's the last time I do that.

It's about a 15 minute drive from my place to my company, and with this weather I'd rather be caught dead than walk. Now that I think about it, I should probably get some desserts for the anniversary, call it a boss's treat if you will. Lucky for me Aroma Angel is just across the street….. But our party is gonna be held at Ivy and I hear they're not on good terms…. Well it's the easiest place I could think of, plus they aren't number 1 for no reason, I'm killing two birds with one stone.

Although I have to be at work around 8:30, I’m the boss, so I decide to get the order in as soon as possible because i know i'll forget as the day goes on.

As i drive into the parking lot of Aroma Angel, i park into one of the many empty spots and turn off the engine. I make my way to the entrance and glance at the schedule for each week and see that on Fridays they open at 8:15. I glance at my watch and see that it’s 8:20, so i walk in and go the hostess.

The small bells ring, and i see a young lady standing behind a small booth. She has long brown hair, and looks at me with a welcoming smile.

“Welcome to the Aroma Angel, how may I help you today?”

“Hello, I would like to place an order for maybe 20 cupcakes, delivered to Ivy at 7:00pm, under the name Cho Kyuhyun”, I say rather sternly.

I noticed she had given me a quick awkward glance, but she immediately went back to adding my request to the schedule. Once she had finished she looked up at me and smiled.

“Alright Mr. Cho, your order has been scheduled have a great day”

I walked out of the Aroma Angel, and went to my car feeling a vibration in my pocket. I took the phone out and saw the Kangin on my screen.

“What do you want Kangin?”, I said annoyed.

“Kyuhyun!! Where the hell are you? We’re supposed to have a meeting with a potential sponsor for the video game at 9 o’clock!”

“Relax Kangin, I’m just across the street at Aroma Angel getting some desserts for the party later today”, I say hoping to calm Kangin erratic heartbeat down.

“Oh thank God…”, I hear him pause and sigh. “We still have to look over the paperwork I gave you because I doubt you did it yourself , and check in with the game designers.”

“UGHHH, it’s Friday!”, I look up at the heavens praying to God i get a peaceful day soon. “I’m hanging up now hyung. I’ve been standing around in the parking lot looking like an idiot.” I hang up before he has a chance to reply. I know exactly what he would’ve said…..

After making it to my company, I immediately get out of the car, lock the doors, and make my way to the entrance. From the outside, you get a feel that it’s very peaceful inside but it really isn't…… there’s chaos ESPECIALLY when a new game is being developed.

I get inside and greet the receptionist with a smile, getting a shy look back. It’s always been like this… Most of the women that work here, have some sort of crush on me which makes it hard for me. Why? You ask, that’s because Kangin, and many of my close friends are always trying to set me up with one of them. Believe me, they do this even when they know that work relationships are forbidden. But does this stop them? Of course not.

I get to my office and open the door, only to find Kangin already waiting for me inside.

“It’s about time you get here. Take those papers out immediately while I explain them to you, they should be arriving any time now.”

Taking the papers out and glancing at my watch, it’s 8:50…. Wow I didn't think it’d take me this long to get to work. I lay the papers out on my desk, realizing that they weren't just separate pages, they were whole packets! Kangin gave these to me yesterday, when did he expect me to have these signed?? 8 years from now?

I look at Kangin and he gives me an “I’m sorry” smile. This bastard…. He may be my hyung, but I’m his boss. The least he could’ve done was give these to me last week.

“Jesus, how fast did you think I would get this done? Why would you just give me these papers yesterday when you knew we would be meeting with potential sponsors?”

He gave me an exasperated look before replying, “I don’t have time to answer all of your questions, just know that the sponsors won't necessarily ask anything regarding the documents yet. It will mostly be a meeting in which they will know what the game is about, who can play it, the effects, look at the demo the team has prepared, etc.”

After I heard him say that the documents won't be involved in any way, i looked at him angrily. He must’ve felt my angry gaze, because he immediately realized why I was looking at him.

“Right…… I did that to get you here as soon as possib

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter