Chapter 3

The Aroma Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ryeowook POV

 

What’s that loud ringing? Make it stop! I roll to my side, and slowly open my eyes, not all the way of course, I’m kind of just peeking right now. Without realizing how close I got to the end of the bed, I instantly fell off…….

 

Great, just what a great way to start my day… it was that damn ringing… it had to be… I feel like I have a hangover. But there’s no way, I didn’t have anything to drink yesterday, did I?

 

There’s a sudden loud bang on my door which only makes me more tired and angry. I’m not much of a morning person in case you didn’t notice… Aside from my usual cutesy personality, I would feel bad for you if you came across me when I had just woken up. I’m being honest.

 

When I finally decide to get up off the floor, Leeteuk has already entered my room yelling at me for what seems to be the fact that I made too much noise. Both of us are still in our pajamas, him wearing just a plain T-Shirt and pants, while I’m wearing some really soft silky ones. I stole them from him….

 

“Jeez Ryeowook. Is there a reason why you have to be making so much noise? I was up all night going over our incoming stock and preparing the checks for everyone, you would think I could get even a wink of sleep in my own home.” Always complaining this Leeteuk, he acts like I brought in a whole circus…

 

“Sorry hyung… my alarm startled me,” I said while doing a cute nod, and a small pouty face with it. If you keep this up Ryeowook maybe he’ll just shut up.

 

“Stop that. You should know by now that that has stopped working on me since our 1st year friendship anniversary”, he says as he tried to imitate my exact movement, but stopping as soon as he realizes he looks like a fool. “Now get ready before we’re late for work, I remember you mentioning a meeting that we should have.”

 

I simply nod, and he gives me an expectant look. What does he want now?

 

“Are you gonna tell me why?”, he asks me giving me an eager look.

 

“I shouldn’t have to tell you now when you’ll just find out later, hence why I want to have a meeting”, I say sarcastically in hopes that he’ll leave me alone so I can get ready and have breakfast.

 

He rolls his eyes and walks out of my room, softly closing the door. Once I know he’s gone I make my way to my closet to begin picking out my clothes for today. It has to be something casual yet formal….Is there such a style?

 

In the end I decide to go with a light blue and small striped dressy shirt, and black dress pants. After making sure I chose the perfect outfit, I’m not dressing for anyone in case you’re wondering, I’m just doing it for me. Anyways, I make my way to the bathroom with a towel in my hand, to dry my hair. I prefer using my own personal robe instead of wrapping a towel around my waist because frankly that doesn’t work and next thing I know I could be standing in front of someone who wouldn’t want to see that view.

 

Before I get in the shower I make sure to start my playlist, which contains some Sam Smith songs, as well as Kpop girl groups. The best mix right? I’m sure there’s more to it than just those specific things, but that’s what I like the most.

 

I turn on the water, and wait a while for it to get hot before finally going inside. It takes me a while to shower because I like coming out feeling fresh and smelling like apples.

 

Once I’m done I put my robe on and start drying my hair with the towel and make my way to my queen sized bed where my perfect set of clothes is waiting for me. I’m gonna look fly today guys…… that doesn’t make me sound cool does it?

 

I finish putting my clothes on and go to the bathroom to begin drying my hair. I’ve been drying my hair for about 5 minutes when I suddenly glance at the mirror and see Leeteuk standing at the doorway.

 

“Shissus Teuk, what’s wrong with you?”, I say as I turn off the blow-dryer and set it on the sink.

 

“Why are you taking so long? We have 5 minutes before we have to open the restaurant,” (keep in mind guys it’s around 7:30am, but Ryeowook is unaware of the time, and it’s Friday).

 

“What?!?! You can’t be serious? Can you make me some cereal?”, I ask immediately getting my act together and quickly putting some gel in my hair to keep it from getting puffy when it dries. Then I spray some hairspray and immediately get some socks, putting them on as soon as possible and grabbing my black dress shoes.

 

Meanwhile, I notice Leeteuk just standing there watching me struggle and laughing. This……… What kind of trickery is this?????

 

“Why are you just standing there? Get me my cereal Leeteuk!!”, I say regretting that I used informalities.

 

“If you’re gonna boss me around, use formalities, otherwise you’re gonna have to remember who’s the older one here. And I’m standing here because you have enough time it’s 7:35 now.”

 

“You’re kidding me……. Why are you like this? Just get out hyung and get my cereal ready while I fix my bed……. Please.”

 

He walks away laughing with that high pitched laugh of his that never fails to annoy me. He always does this to me, and I always fall for it. As I finish making my bed, I walk out taking my jacket, some gloves, and a scarf. I can’t wear a hat….. I mean…… my hair looks fresh….

 

I hear Leeteuk setting some bowls on the table, and start eating. I take a seat next to him and begin eating breakfast as well. Once we’re both finished, without talking, I wait for Leeteuk to gather his things so we can go and open the restaurant. It’s 7:45 now and we have to open the bakery at 8:15 on Fridays. It’s about a 20 minute drive from here to The Aroma Angel, and with this odd weather we’ve been having, neither Leeteuk or me want to take the risk of walking.

 

Usually me and Leeteuk take turns driving, of course we each have our own cars but since we work together there’s a schedule for what car we’re gonna use. There are exceptions, like when one of us is sick, or any family matter, a meeting, etc. That’s the only time both cars are used. As luck would have it, today was my turn.

 

When we arrived, we walked to the entrance and went inside.

 

“I’ll head to the bakery hyung and start working on small desserts, let me know if you need anything”, I said. He gave me a small nod and I walked to the entrance of the bakery. There's a door that separates each side of the restaurant, which makes it quicker for me to get to the kitchen in case anyone needs me.

 

I begin preparing the ingredients for a lemon meringue pie, and begin setting up everything I need. We’ll be having the meeting at around 2:30 pm, which is a perfect time on a Friday since business is usually a bit slow during that time.

 

As I’m working on the pie I hear the door open, the one that serves for separation, and Donghae walks in.

 

“Woah boss, who are you dressing for?”

 

“I’m dressing for myself Donghae, myself”, I say as I give him a soft chuckle. “Is something wrong?”

 

“Why do you automatically assume something’s up when I come visit you?”

 

“Well that’s usually the case when you walk in while I’m working, so what do you need?”, I say as I begin working on the meringue having finished the crust and put it to bake for 15 to 20 minutes (I have no idea how to make a lemon meringue pie so please don’t judge for the mistakes).

 

“There’s an order for a man named Cho Kyuhyun, he wants about 20 cupcakes. 10 chocolate and 10 vanilla, seems like the man doesn’t know much about desserts, but he says to do them in any way you want as long as its chocolate and vanilla”. He doesn’t seem like he’s finished, but he’s expecting a reply….he wants something from me….

 

“Okay, sounds good. What else is there?”, I asked even though I knew that he knew I was gonna ask that either way…… He makes everything so difficult. But that’s my hyung.

 

“Well I won’t be able to deliver them since I’m the waiter, and Eunhyuk is still in training so Leeteuk doesn’t want him to go anywhere, you know how strict he gets. Jennie is obviously busy as she’s the hostess, and the others are stuck helping out since you know how it gets on Fridays”, he’s just talking and talking but I know he’s asking ME to deliver them.

 

“So are you asking me to deliver them without really asking me? Donghae hyung, sometimes it’s best to get straight to the point instead of easing your way into it.” I say and give him a smile, it’s obvious my answer to his “question” is yes.

 

“Yes boss, I am asking you, he wants them delivered by 7:00 pm to a place called ‘Ivy’...... Our enemy restaurant…..”

 

“................ you’re telling me, this Cho Kyuhyun guy wants cupcakes from MY restaurant only to have them delivered to Ivy……………. Is this some sort of joke??? I’ll deliver them, but if he thinks he can mess with us like this…” I’m at a loss for words, does he think he’s funny for that?

 

I know this “Cho Kyuhyun” guy, owns a multiple purpose company. From what I’ve heard he’s a typical business owner, arrogant, and cold. But I honestly don’t think he’s like that, sure this joke he played on us says otherwise, but I think he…… well I don’t know the man…… but he could be completely different and I don’t want to let what other people say affect me. I don't think of myself as a psych

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter