Chapter 1

The Aroma Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook POV

Rain. Thunder. Lighting. I enjoy this. Man how I wish I could run around in the rain, but I can't leave my restaurant unsupervised. I'll probably spend the rest of the day out there. It looks really pretty out there, especially with the sunset, the sky looks sort of.... yellow. Maybe orange?? The way the leaves blow in the wind is nice too, maybe going out for 10 minutes wouldn't hurt? But then I'd be wet what would my customers think?? I'm sure they'll come back anyway this place is #1 even worldwide. Not that I'm bragging, but still no one would want to miss the taste of "THE aroma angel". With all this day dreaming you'd think I'd be busy, so much for being #1, but not today, a couple of reservations were made, most got cancelled due to the unexpected weather but the people who still came found it worth it. There was an occasional customer who came to buy sweets but that's it. My hostess, Jennie, usually handles all the reservations and things like that.

I on the other hand make desserts when some run out, since no one else can make the taste be as good as when I make it. I also do things a restaurant/ bakery owner would do, like create new things for the menu, make new and interesting desserts make sure no problems happen and the needs of our customers are met. When I'm left alone once my workers are done for the day I clean up a little more. 

"Excuse me, boss... BOSS" 

"! Ommo I had no clue anyone walked in. What do you want Donghae?? What happened?" I asked clearly a bit mad my daydreaming was interrupted. 

I noticed Donghae looked a bit scared, did I give him attitude?? 

"There's a customer here saying they made a reservation, but their name isn't on the list. Jennie's having a hard time with him."

Here we go again, the daily "your service , how can you lose my reservation? Your boss must be ignorant for this" all that shabang.

"okay, was it possibly cancelled??"

"Jennie said that his name wasn't on the list at all, I checked too but I didn't see his name. Nothing was there," Donghae looked worried, but knowing him he must be scared. The last time this happened... let's just say my restaurant had to be closed temporarily for repairs. 

"Okay, I'll be right there let me clean up here quickly"

"It looks fine here boss, I don't want anything to happen. Could you clean it up once this situation is done?" Donghae never tries to rush me, is he that bad??

"okay", I'm trying to stay calm here, but after the other one happened once an angry customer comes everyone gets worried, even the people who are dining in. Seems like everyone heard the news.... I guess if a top restaurant is damaged, it becomes news worthy... 

Donghae walked me out to the almost busy restaurant, and to the hostess stand. The first thing I noticed was the tension, oh man how I hate tension... Jennie looked scared and worried, does she feel like she'll get fired for not taking care of the guy?? 

"Hello, what seems to be the problem??" Oh man it when restaurant owners have to say this...

A man with a strong build, who had an anger bubble all around, like in anime where they have this grey thing coming around them... like that. Tension was oozing out of him. If anger could kill, everyone here would be dead.

"Seems to me that my reservation has been lost, poor restaurant conduction gives off a bad image don't you think??" 

Oh man, keep your patience in Ryeowook. Keep your patience...

"My hostess here said your name was never on the list, are you sure you called the right place?" I'm trying to remain calm here, any violence happens and I'll lose control. Not in a bad way. In a "I'll call the police if you want to start something uneccessary" kind of way.

"Yes I'm sure I called the right place, I'm not that dumb."

I ignore that snarky comment, I don't want him to think he's intimidating me, I look over at Jennie telling her to check the list for his name, and with quick movement she grabs the clipboard and looks for his name. She gives me a look of despair and I instantly get the message. Oh crap... "It seems like there never was a reservation for you sir, would you mind telling me your name??"

He gives me an irritated look before telling me his name. "It's John Park". (not that john park if you know who he is)

I take the list from Jennie to double check, and indeed I can't find his name anywhere. Great... "Umm sir, I couldn't find your name, could it be in someone else's name?"

I hear him sigh before he tells me other name, Jules Kim. Again I take a look at the list... No Jules Kim. The Gods aren't on my side today... "I'm sorry sir, but I couldn't find that name either, if you'd like you can make a reservation today, or you could dine in right now everything would be free. As an apology for the inconveniece." 

He rolls his eyes at me, but considers my offer. Anyone would be crazy to deny an offer like this, especially from, im gonna say this again it kind of boosts my ego, a top restaurant. We make eye contact and I see that notices how im kind of rushing him to make a choice. I have to go back to baking, and it's getting late, a lot of people choose to come at night for a late night dessert.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter