Part 2

My Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“W-what do you think you’re doing!” I pushed her away out of reflex.

My heartbeat accelerated as I could feel my face burning up. Fortunately, the lights were dim, if not I would have looked like a swollen beetroot in front of this…this barbarian. How dare she.

Apparently, she found the whole situation hilarious as she was laughing her off.

“What the hell?” I was getting a little pissed.

“W-wait…” She gestured as she tried to stop laughing by covering , but it only made her sniffles more obvious.

“Well, Yoo Jeongyeon or whatever you’re called, I don’t like you. I don’t like you one bit.” I hissed.

The girl was really getting on my nerves now. I have a really nasty temper despite being President. Even Jennie and Jisoo knows not to trigger me that much. I don’t have the time and energy for this.

 

Firstly, the incident during operating hours.

Secondly, she knows my secret.

Thirdly, she finds this situation funny.

Do I look like a joke to her?

 

“What exactly is your deal?”

“Hmm…. Nothing? Just pointing out the fact that I’ve taken a liking to you.” She smiled.

“Too bad then. I DON’T LIKE YOU.”

“Uh huh… I’ll see you around school. Bye~” She waved and skipped off.

Then, a thought hit me hard, like crashing into a wall-hard. I started regretting my how I got pissed off and acted rudely at her despite her knowing that I work at Blanche. I really should have known my position and not refuted so harshly.

Me and my dumb temper, damn it Im Nayeon.

I pinched myself.

Did she say she would see me around school?

 

Oh god, this nightmare doesn’t end.

 

 

 

That night, when I reached home, I contemplated on whether I should leave Blanche or not. I knew I couldn’t keep this up any longer. The truth would finally be out, bringing a bad reputation to my school. I kept imagining the worst consequences like getting kicked out of school, suffering verbal abuses and malicious rumours about me in school etc, etc.

The decision stuck with me from showering to going to bed. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, they called it. Money, I needed money to support my financial situation. Working at Blanche was equivalent to working two meagre part-time jobs. Before, I thought that if I was careful enough, I could avoid any trouble or problems until I reached university.

But with every day that passes, my worries and doubts only grew stronger. The encounter with the two students today was a perfect example of one of my worries coming true. Dangerous enough to be in the red-zone.

If only…

If only that girl, Yoo Jeongyeon didn’t have the dirt on me….

Hopefully, if I can trust her words and the news won’t spread….

The image of her face flashed into my mind.

But,

I realised. My bubbles haven’t been burst yet. I can’t give up now. Only that girl, Yoo Jeongyeon knows about my job other that Jennie and Jisoo. I only need to appease or comply with what she wants with me. If I can safely shut her up, I can continue to keep my job.

 

Yoo Jeongyeon…

I won’t let you triumph all over me…

 

 

I tucked myself into bed and gradually, gradually drifted off to Dreamland.

 

 

 

I’ve must have woken up on the wrong side of bed, I persuaded myself. I pinched myself.

Tch.

It’s not a dream.

I clicked my tongue. I’m not in the mood for any of this this early in the morning.

Yoo Jeongyeon.

Good way to start off the morning.

“Morning~” She waved coolly.

“Bye.”

I said as I strolled past her quickly. I wanted nothing to do with her.

As I walked past her, I felt a strong grip onto my wrist and stopped.

“Wait up, Miss President,”

I glared at her.

“Or should I say, Miss Maid-Working-At-Blanche~?” She whispered into my ear.

My eyes opened wide at her comment and instinctively took a step back. I internally cursed myself. Why does it seemed like I’m scared of her? Obviously, she has the dirt on me but something about her made her really… I can’t explain this feeling. It makes me feel so small around her. I don’t know if it’s her height or anything really…

I’m the Student Council President of this school but I still felt intimidated by her presence.

“What do you want…” I sighed.

“Nothing really, I just wanted you to greet back.” She had an alluring smile on her face.

“That’s it? Alright… Good Morning.” There were eyes staring at us

“Can’t you at least say it with a brighter tone?”

“Good morning!... Happy now? Can you let me go now? We’re attracting unwanted attention at school. There were eyes staring at us, like we’re a spectacle to watch.

“That’s better.” She let go and smiled.

“See you around~’ She waved again.

I escaped walked quickly to my classroom. I could feel my cheeks burning up from all that embarrassment I had to endure.

“Im Nayeon. You’re the president here. You’re the one with more power here.” I slapped myself.

I felt my cheeks sting. Just because one person knows about my secret and it’s this bad, I wondered what would happened if the whole school knew?

 

I let out a heavy and depressing sigh.

 

 

 

“Wow, wow, wow. Im Nayeon. Talk of the school aye?” Jisoo nudged me.

“The most popular big shiz in school, Yoo Jeongyeon gripping the Student Council President’s wrist in broad daylight. NEWSFLASH.” As always, Jisoo with her unnecessary comments.

I rolled my eyes. Twice, not once.

Popular? What does she mean?

“What do you mean popular? How come I don’t know about this?” I asked, genuinely curious.

“Really, your head must be full of getting good grades and the Student Council, huh?” She said sarcastically.

“Care to explain?”

“Jennie, you have the honours.” She pointed at Jennie.

“Why do I always get involved in your useless conversations? Ugh … fine. So Nayeon-unnie, apparently, this Jeongyeon is super popular and crazy in school. Reputation – She’s apparently very known for rejecting several dozens of girls and guys that confessed to her. I’m much more surprise about you not knowing this, unnie.” She explained.

“Not really interested in these types of matters.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Nayeon, you’re a very boring person you know that?” Jennie strikes again with her useless comments.

“Ugh. How come you’re still my friend then?”

“See, that’s what I don’t get also. How am I friends with such a boring and dull person?” Her hands gestured wildly.

“Okay, okay whatever. No point in continuing this meaningless part. Anyways, back to the topic. I have nothing and want nothing to do with her. That’s it.”

“Really unnie?” Jennie asked.

Both of them were looking at me with serious expressions on their faces.

I felt a hard lump in my throat as I gulped down my saliva.

 

 

“Really.”

 

 

 

“Come again next time!” I bowed.

I yawned, even if I knew it was a bad thing to do in front of the customers. The lack of sleep last night really did me good. Pretty sure I look like a hippo when I yawned.

Lucky tomorrow is Saturday, gonna catch me some beauty sleep.

The chime rang. It meant that a guest arrived when the opened the door. I quickly turned around to greet with a cheerful smile.

“Good afterno- YOO JEONGYEO-.“ I covered my mouth.

I glanced around and fortunately the other customers wasn’t bothered by my voice.

“Surprise~” She put up a peace sign.

Like the last night, she wore similar clothing; jeans and a plain tee, this time however, with a black cap. I could have sworn she look like a guy from afar.

“What are you doing here?” I mumbled harshly.

“Had some free time today so I came here for some coffee. Why? Not happy to see me?”

“Really…”

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter