Part 5

My Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It feels like my body isn’t the same anymore after everything. If I were to describe how my body felt, it felt like two rusty gears spinning in different directions, it aches and I know it isn’t fully healed. I had a responsibility in ensuring the school festival turns out nicely which means I couldn’t afford to stay at home and recuperate. My overbearing self-ego couldn’t allow me to take a mere, small rest.

 

I wonder what would Yoo Jeongyeon do if she knows I’m in such a bad condition?

 

 

“You can’t fool me. Maybe your friends but, not me.” She gripped my hand tightly against the wall.

“What are you talking about… Let me go this instant.” I could barely stand still. “There’s so much left to do, I don’t have time for this Jeongyeon.” I pleaded.

No, not now, she can’t see me like this. Why are you looking at me like this?

Her stern expression with little, trembling frowns.

I know for s’ sake.

I know myself too well.

So stop giving me that look on your face. Please.

Her free hand gently covered my forehead. “You’re still sick.”.

“I’m fine, Jeongyeon. It’s just that the weather’s been really hot lat-“ She frowns again, a tinge of sadness showing all over her face. I couldn’t continue.

“You can fool everyone else, but not me.”

Was she always paying this much attention to me? I thought. Not that it matters anyway. I’ve got to make sure the things were on schedule. The festival, disciplinar-

Before I knew it, my thoughts were disrupted with the sudden movement of my head leaning against her shoulder. I felt her hand gently pushing my head onto her broad shoulder.

She smells like flowers.

“I know. It’s hard to convince you to rest since you’re so hard-headed.” She chuckled, as if the thought of me ever agreeing to her on any matter triggered a laughing chord. “So, let’s just stay like this for a while, alright?”

I’m sure I can afford some time to rest, right?

Not to mention she smell like flowers; a sweet and mellow scent that makes me want to close my eyes.

I nodded.

Ahh.. I can’t think anymore.

My legs finally succumbed to the weakness. I hate myself for thinking her shoulders were so broad and comfortable – perfect in fact to lean and rest on. I hate myself for letting her read me like an open book (though, she’s the only that’s able to do that.)

She hums a little jingle – nothing too fancy nor loud. It made me drowsy.

 

It’s fine right? Just a little. Just a little…

 

The last thing I could remember was a blurry little beam on her face.

 

 

 

 

Thanks. Jeongyeon.

Thank you.

 

 

Everything’s so groggy and blurry. An unescapable yawn came out of my mouth – How long have I’ve been out for? I shook my head. The sky’s turned orange. The same familiar scent of flowers filled my nose.

“Finally awake?” She playfully shrugged her shoulders as she flipped the page over.

“What time is it now?” I rubbed my eyes.

“Uhh.” She glanced at her watch. “A little over 6.” She smiled.

“I’ve slept for 4 hours?!” I’ve been out for so long?

. What about today’s activities?

“Jesus, can you not shout into my ear? Relax.” She coaxed as she flipped another pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter