Part 1

My Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My secret.

 

No one should ever find out.

 

If people at school knew about this…

 

 

 

“Wahhhh… How can someone get near-perfect grades? Are you even human, Im Nabongs?” Jisoo dangled the piece of grade-slip in front of me.

“Jisoo-ah, can’t you see I’m writing a report?” I said, a little annoyed.

“Even if I try my best, let’s see…hmmm...,” Jisoo started counting her fingers.

“…the most I can get is a passing grade? Oh whatever.” She shrugged her shoulders.

“Jisoo-unnie, let Nayeon-unnie focus on her work.” Jennie who was sitting beside slapped Jisoo’s shoulders.

“Ow ow ow… That hurts Jennie! Tsk…. Arrasseo arrasseo... Sorry Miss-All-Mighty-Student-Council-President. Please forgive one of your most loyal subject that worship you the most in this entire school~” Jisoo teased sarcastically.

Jennie pinched and stared at her.

“OW OW OW FINE. I will just shut up. Okay?” She gestured and “zipped” .

“That’s better.” Jennie gave a sly smile, to which Jisoo rolled her eyes.

I chuckled at their adorable sight of their conversation. The chuckle and the sound of me tidying pieces of paper together caused them to shift their attention on me.

“Unnie, where are you going? Jisoo-unnie isn’t bothering you anymore, see?” Jennie widened her eyes.

“Yah, yah don’t be so petty, Im Nayeon. It’s just a joke.” Jisoo got off the table.

I couldn’t control the urge to laugh as I burst out.

“Yah, you really think I’m that petty?” I wiped my tears away with my fingers.

“Yeah duh. How long do you think I’ve known you for?” Jisoo rolled her eyes again.

“You girls continue. I’m heading to the Student Council Clubroom to handle some administrative work.” I packed in the last of my belongings.

Jennie remained silent and had a dark expression on her face, seemingly sad that I couldn’t spend more time with them. I pat her head lightly and gave a warm smile to which she brightened up again.

“See you girls tomorrow. Bye~” I waved.

Jisoo nodded.

“Don’t overwork yourself at the café later!” Jennie yelled across the room.

 

“I know. Thanks Jennie.” I smiled and went off.

 

 

What’s the time now?

I glanced at my watch.

[5.31 p.m.]

Work doesn’t start until 6.30.

Ahhh… still early. Let’s take the long way today.

The long path, also named as the “The Flower Path”, was one of my favourite routes to walk to the café. Who named it? Me, of course. A fitting name that perfectly describes the route.

Alongside the path were lush green grass, filled with different variety of flowers. Different colour, different shapes that made both the body and mind feel good when exposed to it. Red, blue, yellow, whatever colour you name, the path has them. It’s surrounded by big, large trees that let little or some sunlight in.

The gentle breeze that rushes onto your face was extremely cooling and refreshing. The wind brushes through each single strand of hair, making you feel light. Along it brought the waft of a sweet scene, obviously the sweet smell that the flowers emit.

It makes me feel good every time, especially after a hard day of lessons, activities, handling the Student Council and much more at school. Even if it was just a short 20 minutes’ walk from school to the café, it made me feel disconnected from the outside world for a while. Of course, I only walk through the path if I had time.

It’s hard to balance school and work at the same time, especially when you need the money.

One more thing was that most people prefers to go through the shorter path, which I think, is very regrettable that they didn’t bother to walk through “The Flower Path”. After all, most people prefer convenience than some long- path, I thought. But then again, little or no people was what made it so quiet and peaceful to stroll along, which, I didn’t mind.

Like what I said, little or no people seemed to pass by here but today, it was unusual to see a figure sitting at a bench. Her hair was blond and she seems to be… a girl? I couldn’t make out of anything of her face since she was sitting with her back facing me. Also, she was sitting pretty far out in the distance.

I wondered how she found out about this place?

I should probably just mind my own business.

It’s probably getting late…hnng!?

The time is 6.00 p.m already?

Run, Nayeon, Run!

 

I hastened my pace. I must have spent too much time admiring the view, I thought.

 

 

 

“Nayeonie! You’re here!” My manager ran over to hug me.

“Yes, Manager-unnie… Could you let go now?” I squirmed a little.

“Just a bit more Nayeonie~ I need some comfort.” She pleaded.

“Unnie! I must get ready! It’s almost my shift soon.” I patted her head.

“What’s the matter? Are you still not over your ex?”

She let go and nodded her head.

“Let’s not talk about him. So, how’s school today?” She smiled.

“Umm, not too bad I’ll say.”

I opened my locker and started changing into my supposedly called “uniform”.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter