Chapter 3

❣ Forevermore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m fine, really.” You tried again, thinking it was quite annoying in one way that he wasn’t listening to what you were saying, but in the other it was cute that he didn’t give into you and continued to worry about you instead. It was kind of awkward to sit on a stranger’s couch, seeing the same movie playing as you had been watching back home as if they had put it on especially for you. Baekhyun, you remembered his name again now, ignored you as he pressed the ice a little closer against your lower back. It wasn’t easy for you to control your heartbeat, since he was sitting so close to you that you could smell him. It was as if he smelled like the woods, like the wind that was blowing through the trees during the night, like the leaves that were shielding away the sun. Maybe he had gone for a walk before you had gotten here, with his dog? There was no other way you could explain where this smell was coming from. A bark resounded through the living room, a complaint of Teddy who was currently put away into his bench and even though he couldn’t get to you anymore, you still flinched. “You’re really freaked out aren't you?” He asked and you weren’t sure but you thought you could hear a glint of disappointment inside of his voice. Could it be that they were real dog friends over here in this house? Slowly you let your eyes wander around the space before you answered him. It looked like a very normal living room, there were pictures spread over the place and there were a lot of windows to let in the light.

 

Just like the outside of the house, the walls on the inside were white, giving it a very peaceful look. “Yeah, let’s just say I haven’t had some very good past experiences with dogs.” For now that should be enough information for him. He already knew much more than you had intended for him to find out. As the new guy he wasn’t supposed to know anything about you, he was supposed to be the person you could keep your life a secret from but instead it seemed as if he just got into it. The woman who had been there to welcome you in and told you to make yourself comfortable on the sofa was standing in the next room, the kitchen and the sent of some delicious meal floated through the air. “I thought you’re parents passed away?” You asked, getting tired of the fact that he got to know so much about you and you didn’t seem to know anything about him. His eyes wandered away from your face to look at the doorway of the kitchen, where he could just see the lady standing in front of the stove. “She’s my aunt, she took me and my sister in after the accident.” He  explained, as if he didn’t have any problem telling this to you, as if you were meant to know these kind of things about him. As your eyes scanned over his face, while he was sitting right beside you, his arm so close that you could feel the heat radiating from it, you realized how curious you were about everything he could possibly tell you. Normally you didn’t want to get involved with the new kids, but there was something about him that pulled you to him. “You have a sister?” You asked, seeing how a smile curved around his lips as soon as she got the topic of your conversation and he thought about her.

 

If you had to interpreted this then you’d say that they were quite close to each other and immediately you felt a painful pang inside of your chest. You shouldn’t have guided this conversation towards siblings. “Yes, she’s two years younger than me. A spoiled brad, always getting everything she wants because I always make sure she gets it. I guess you can call me the overprotective big brother.” His gaze locked back with yours and there must have been something visible on your face since his expression dropped and he shot you an apologetic look, one of those you hated most. It made you feel bad that you had to think of him while hearing him talk about his sister, it had nothing to do with each other. But it made you wonder if your brother ever spoke about you in that kind of way to one of his friends, if he had the same look on his face when they had mentioned you. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you.” Baekhyun said and you quickly shook your head, trying to swallow the lump which had formed inside of your throat because of all the emotions that were taking over you. This was pathetic. “No, I’m the one who should apologize. You’re just talking about your sister, and you should! I mean, it’s great that you two get along so well. I just, shouldn’t have reacted like this. It’s been five months…” You muttered, but you couldn’t say the rest of your sentence out loud, that it had been five months

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter