October 24

The Heist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seoul | October 24 | 12:10

A woman in her early twenties with a cleaning cart arrived in the basement area, where the color of the peeling walls are divided into two colors; the upper has blue and the bottom has white. On the side of the room, there lay tenths of pipes, coming from different directions of the building. The pipes are divided into three uses; there is one for the transparent pipes for deliveries leading to the upper floors, metals pipes that looks like are for heating and air conditioning, and the painted white pipes are for the bathrooms.

Beside the transparent pipes, there is also an elevator that only leads up to the upper floors. The woman stopped her cleaning cart filled with various items in front of the three pipes, her eyes subtly scanning the area for people.

For ordinary people, the cleaning cart looked like some normal cleaning lady items. The cart has objects for cleaning like a mop, a broom, dustpan and a yellow zipped up bag for trashes, but inside the closed yellow trash bag revealed a briefcase. The briefcase is empty for now, but is undoubtedly going to be filled with paper -lots of paper- later.

The woman dressed as a cleaning lady scans the area for people or any unusual movement once again. When she checked there are none, she then produced a wire from her pocket and put it around to one of the vertical transparent pipes. She wrapped the ends of it with her hands carefully and then quickly began lacerating it.

The pipe produced a loud sound when it has been finally cut, and then a silent whisper of air is heard from it due to its laceration. The woman dug through her cleaning stuff to find what she is looking for. A clear tube encased inside it is a fake resume with the name Cha Jiyeon. She inserted the tube to the severed pipe and aligns it back with the unconnected pipe.

She turned back to her cleaning cart, kneeled, then ped the yellow bag with the empty briefcase and then took it out. She walked beside the elevator, pushed the button up and waited for it to open. The elevator opened immediately; the woman walked inside, and pressed the button leading to the upper floor. It closed and she quickly undressed her cleaning outfit to reveal a more sophisticated one; a corporate outfit consisting of a pantsuit, a white blouse and a blazer. She shook her bun off and tied it back to a sleek ponytail.

When the elevator dinged, informing her that she's in her designated floor, she straightened up, brushed some transparent dirt off of her and put her previous outfit to the top of the elevator lights, not bothering to pack it up. She walked out of the elevator and further in of the floor to see marbled cream walls with cream blurred windows, only producing little sunlight. Very different from the scenery she has been a while ago from the underground floor. Neither a speck of dust can be seen nor there is a smell of something bad either.

She saw very few people in business outfits with their own briefcases, some are with companies and talking about whatever transactions they have for the day, and there are also a couple of guards roaming around the large place. She checked her watch and smiled. 12:20. Right on time.

She exhaled before walking to the other side of the floor to the plump man working on something on his desk. The layout of the building engraved on her mind.

"Hi, I'm Jiyeon. Cha Jiyeon." The plump man in a work outfit looked up to the woman from what's he's been working on his desk. A permanent scowl on his face. "Today's my first day."

The scowl on the man’s face has not lessened, even with the woman smiling with her teeth prettily and bowing ninety degrees politely. "We're not expecting any new employees," A puzzled look on his face.

The woman feigned indifference. "Hmm. I spoke to Lee Ji-eun in H.R. She said my welcome badge and packet would be ready for me."

The man would not budge. "Nobody told me about any of this." The woman shrugged, acting like she doesn’t know what is going on.

"Hang on," the man said, finally standing up from his chair. He looked around every desk looking for Jiyeon's packet. He turned back to Jiyeon, casually standing up waiting for him to come back with her hands in her pockets, not looking at him but acting as though observing other people casually. When he turned back to open the pipe box that Jiyeon tinkered with earlier, Jiyeon glanced back at him, smirking slightly when the man opens the box with the tube she has with earlier in his hands, containing her fake card and letter.

She saw in her peripheral vision that he opens it, a card with the name "Cha Jiyeon" and a smiling photo of her and a letter from the managements welcoming her as the new account manager.

The man looked up apologetically and smiled brightly at their new employee. "I'm sorry about that. Welcome packet is right here," he handed the packet briefly to the woman oozing confidence and charm.

"All right,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter