You're the One

Falling Crazy in Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica was tapping an expensive black Parker’s ball-point pen unto her right temple. A lonesome, blank canvas paper was lying on the desk behind her while the latter was staring out the window of her office. It had been an easy morning for her – the fates had probably let her get away with work this day – with a few piled folder greeting her upon arrival. The designer already knew what the folder contents were; pictures, layouts, color pantones, outline sketches, fabric samples – everything that she and the B&E team had gathered for the new S/S collection. Jessica already gone through each of them that morning and before she knew it, it was lunch-time and she was done with all her work for the day. Time surely flies when you’re busy, the brunette thought.

Currently, besides designing and traveling, the young CEO had taken a liking to writing songs. So far, the brunette had written three songs; she named the first one ‘Fly’, then finished a new one after watching a rather angst-y drama and called it ‘Love Me the Same’, and the last one, which she made especially for her loyal supporters, ‘Golden Sky’. Right now, the lady was in the mood for a new song and was looking for an inspiration, when she heard a certain ringtone she had specially customized for that one special person rang.

Jessi! Jessi! My lovely, J! Jessi ~!

Jessica stared at her phone, donning a lovely smile when she saw the caller’s name, “Tiff-puppy”, flashing. (The latter had saved her contact as “Kitten-J” as the girl insisted that she was looking more like a cat these days.) Her smile even widen when she heard another loop of the ringtone play. Jessi! Jessi! My lovely, J! Jessi ~!, it goes.

Not wanting to keep her girlfriend waiting, Jessica immediately swiped her thumb over the green icon and held the phone beside her ear. Jessica greeted the girl on the other line first. “Hey, puppy.”

“Bad, Jessi-cat.” The girl from the other line scolded.

“What?” Jessica stared at her phone for a split second, confused, before replying. “What did I do?”

“It took you 4 rings before answering my call.” Jessica couldn’t see her girlfriend, but she could picture the girl’s pouting face and puppy eyes.

“Aw, puppy,” Jessica chuckled. “I’m sorry. My ringtone distracted me.”

“What ringtone – wait.” A pause from the other line. “Jessi! Why do you still have that as a ringtone?! What if others hear?!”

Jessica could only chuckle at her whiny girlfriend. “Steph, it would totally make me happy if others hear your cute, possessive voice calling me.”

“B-But… it’s kinda embarrassing… I sounded so… clingy?” Tiffany was blushing and the latter knows.

“Well, aren’t you?” Jessica teased. “Want me to remind you how you’re so clingy and possessive like all the time? Like the last time I was on top and you kept –,”

“Stop it, Jessi! You !” Tiffany wailed. “I called to talk to you, not for you to tease me like this!”

Jessica snickered. “Okay, okay. I’ll stop now.”

“You big bully. Promise?”

“Yes, I promise to stop.”

“You better.” Tiffany warned.

“Yes, milady.” Jessica surrendered.

“Good girl.” Tiffany grinned, satisfied. “So what are you up to right now, Jessi?”

“Me?” Jessica stared at the blank paper. “Trying to write a new song. Nothing comes into my mind, though.”

Tiffany hummed. “No inspiration yet?”

Jessica slouched on her chair and swiveled it towards the windows again. “Nah,”

“Really?”

“Hm.”

“My dearest Jessi,” Tiffany shook her head. “How come you’re still looking for one when you have me?”

“Well…” Jessica trailed off as she realized that her girlfriend was right. (Like that time when she got told by the same person how she’s oblivious with her love for singing. “Dude, you love to sing and you don’t even know it?”)

“Aigoo,” The cooing from the other line broke Jessica from her reverie. “My dreamer is dreaming again.”

“Sorry, just realized that you have a point.” Jessica smiled. “But, seriously, you’ve always been one. I woke up every day to the thought of you. You inspire me enough to wake me, sunshine.”

It was silent for a while, save for some shuffling sounds. Then, a timid voice finally replied to her. “C-Cheesy Jessi. So cheesy.”

“Oh, don’t deny! You love the cheesy me.” Jessica’s smile widen.

“Yeah, I do. A little bit too much, actually.” Tiffany groaned. “That’s why I’m having major allergic reactions to it these days.”

“Did I overdosed you with cheese?” Was she getting too sleazy? Jessica thought.

“I don’t mind.” The girl from the other line sighed dreamily. “I like it when you melt like mozzarella cheese on top of nachos when it comes to me.”

“Really, Steph? Mozzarella?” Jessica raised her eyebrow.

“What? They’re a lot tastier when hot and melted.” Tiffany countered innocently.

“So, you’re implying that I’m tasty?” Jessica smirked.

“N-No! I mean you are – but not like that!” Tiffany’s frantic voice made Jessica laugh. “Geez, Jessi. You’re such a . A big, meanie, ert!”

“Oh, so I’m the ert now, huh?” Jessica’s smirk returned to her lips. “Who was the one indirectly calling me tasty just now?”

“Jessi! I didn’t mean – can we stop talking about this?!”

Tiffany was met with another laugh.

“Gosh, Jessi. I can’t even with you.”

______________________

Once again, the brunette was left with silence with Tiffany having to leave to record for her own album. Jessica finally had her inspiration – which is Tiffany – but she doesn’t know how to write about the girl without being too obvious. They can never underestimate how the minds of their fans work. Sometimes it’s eerie how those fans could be so damn accurate with connecting things.

The brunette sighed and slouched on her swivel chair. She closed her eyes and thought of Tiffany, her inspiration. She daydreamed about the girl’s laugh, her smile (the way it’s a bit lopsided), her expressive eyes, her pouting face – just everything that makes up a Tiffany Hwang (and not long, Jessica was filled with Tiffany and only Tiffany).

Then it hit her.

Jessica snapped her eyes open and her mind began to work on her song. Not just any song, but a song that speaks for her heart.

______________________

Every dream that I have is about you

I don’t wanna wake up

Baby, I’ll lean unto you when I have to

And I can’t get enough

It was early in the morning and Jessica and Tiffany were alone at the dorm. The other members had to leave for their individual schedules, leaving the two alone to themselves for the day. Currently, the couple were sitting side-by-side on the couch in the living room watching a movie Tiffany wanted to see – more like Tiffany is watching the movie and the other girl was spacing out.

Tiffany stole a glance on the latter and saw that Jessica’s head was bobbing, sinking and rising sporadically, trying to battle off the sleepiness. Tiffany smiled endearingly at the girl. She shook the girl awake that morning when she heard Taeyeon preparing to leave for her schedule. At first, the blonde wouldn’t budge, until the raven complained about wanting to spend time her but couldn’t when she’s unconscious all the time. Jessica chuckled and complied with her girl’s request and that’s how they end up in the couch.

Having enough of watching her lover suffer, Tiffany held Jessica’s head and placed in on her shoulders. Silently, the latter snuggled closer and fell asleep to Tiffany’s soft caresses on her hair.

There’s no need to say. We’re fated, we’re meant to be.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter