A rundown of the place

The Office Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where are we going now?" Jimin asked as Yoongi lead him out of the break room where Jungkook had just entered. 

"Away from that mess," Yoongi snorted, "I can give you a rundown of this place in the reception area."

"Aw okay. I kind of wanted to see what was going down there," Jimin chuckled, still gripping his black notebook and pen. 

"You don't. Trust me," Yoongi shook his head. 

They made their way over to the simple couches that sat in the waiting area. 

Yoongi sat down on one and Jimin on the other. Yoongi did a once over of Jimin. He had light hair and a nice shirt with a black tie and black slacks. Simple. Classy. 

"So...you want to work at BTS?" Yoongi put his feet up on the coffee table in front of them. 

"Well...I used to work at a department store at a mall frequented by Mr. Jin. I helped Mr. Jin a lot with his shopping and picking clothes. As a result, he thought I was a really good salesman and thought I could apply my 'charm and charisma' into selling your internet services. He is a very kind man for offering me such a lovely position," Jimin grinned from ear to ear. 

Oh boy, this kid thinks this a good place to work. He has no idea. 

Yoongi sighed. 

Jimin looked worried. 

"Do you think I am too unqualified? I promise I will work hard," Jimin looked like a kicked puppy. 

Yoongi smirked. Jimin clutched his book closer to him. 

"You will do great. Don't worry. I just hope you don't have unrealistic expectations about what it is like to work here," Yoongi warned. 

Jimin opened his book back up. 

"Please tell me everything I need to know Mr. Yoongi. I will do my absolute best," Jimin gave the most earnest look Yoongi had ever seen. 

"Got it. Okay...hmm... well, first of all, no one needs the title Mr. here okay? It's more casual than what you would expect. Namjoon tries to make this place what he calls a 'chill crib'. "

Jimin was writing furiously. 

"Let's start with your co-workers. Namjoon is the Chairman. It's a big title but it's a small company still so he is really friendly. Don't worry about him too much you can basically get away with anything. You do need to worry about Jin though. He has a backbone. He is the VP and HR head. But to be real the HR department is basically non-existent. If you feel harassed, just tell me, I'll take care of it-"

"Harassed? Why would I be harassed?" Jimin looked up from his notebook. 

"Oh don't worry. It's harmless really. Our office likes to be annoying..." Yoongi shrugged, "Like I said, if you have a problem with someone, just tell me." 

"Oh...okay thanks," Jimin sounded uncertain but Yoongi pushed on.

"So people you will work closely are me and  Hoseok. I am the head of sales and Hoseok is the head engineer and sales associate. I know you will ask so let me clarify: Hoseok is a great guy but honestly his seniority and connections got him to be the head engineer. He balls as an engineer but he is a damn good salesman. You will like him -- he's a nice guy-," Yoongi looked over at the chuckling Jimin, "What?"

"Nothing. You are just so blunt," Jimin kept chuckling. 

"Yeah I have been told so," Yoongi gave a small frown. 

"No no, it's not a bad thing. I hate it when people don't say what they mean. All my friends say I am a little dense - so I prefer to work with truthful people," Jimin assured. 

"Well, you won't have to guess when it comes to me," Yoongi mused at himself.

"Right anyway," Yoongi continued, "I am your direct boss. So with any simple problems, you can come to me with. Everyone says I am scary. I am not. If you are scared it's probably because you ed up pretty badly. So...just don't up too much and we will get along."

Jimin was writing faster to keep up with the outpour of knowledge. 

"The two to look out for are Taehyung and Jungkook. Both are engineers here. You are what? 23? That means you are Taehyung's age. Jungkook is only 21.  They will likely tell you about themselves so I won't b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter