Sharing is caring

The Office Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung took a sip of his delicious coffee - skipping the black roast for an unhealthy dollop of hazelnut creamer - just another way he was barely acknowledging his adulthood. 

He sat back in his chair and stacked his legs on the black desk. His eyes rolled to the ceiling where he could see the crisp white ceiling tiles. There were 159 sterile rectangles spanning the whole space above the office. He had counted them on his first day at work. That was four years ago. 

From the office over, he could hear the repetitive clicks of what could only be a pen. Sighing, Taehyung put his teddy-bear-head coffee up on his desk and got up. He made his way over to the divider between his office and that of his neighbor. 

"Would you like me to shove that pen up your ?" Taehyung growled in Jungkook's direction. 

"What if I say yes?" Jungkook's voice was monotone as he swiveled his chair to look at the elder with an book on Electrical Manuscripts in one hand and a clicking pen in the other.

"Hmm. I am so sorry Taehyung. Does this bother you by chance?" Jungkook drawled as he continued clicking. 

Jungkook looked from the direction of the clicking pen to his peeved co-worker. Taehyung's eye twitched.

"You are such a child," Taehyung frowned. 

Jungkook clicked the pen harder and faster. A smile now playing on his serious face. 

"Want me to come over there and teach you some respect?"  A soft snarl began to form with Taehyung's lips. Taehyung's usual gentle demeanor was ruined whenever Jungkook came into the picture.

"Again. What if I say yes?" Jungkook raised one eyebrow with a now full-blown smirk.

Taehyung marched out of his office and into Jungkook's. He swiftly took the pen from the younger's hand. Jungkook wouldn't have any of it as he stood and grabbed it back and held it over his head. Sadly, Taehyung was just a few centimeters too short and he jumped but couldn't reach the still clicking pen. Without thinking Taehyung stepped even closer and found his mouth milimeters away from Jungkook's. 

"You smell like hazelnuts."

"Oh, you little-" Taehyung's eyes turned wide as his stepped back in a rush. 

"Gentlemen," Namjoon said walking in to the room with Jin in tow. 

Namjoon stopped short when he saw Taehyung reach for a thick book to hit Jungkook with. Jungkook ducked just in time. 

"I... uh..." Namjoon started before turning to Jin. "Maybe you were right on this one."

"Forget it. We hired that kid already. No going back," Jin shook his head. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter