FOUR//4

Sweet Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The short term destination, I quickly learned, was an airport. 

Expectedly, we were driven straight to the hangar were a private jet was waiting. A man shouting in Chinese at a few members of the flight crew came over to greet us when Chanyeol opened the door onto the landing strip.

"Hey, man, just on time." The Chinese man nodded at the jet, pretending not to notice me. "She's all fueled up and ready."

Sehun nodded at him while Chanyeol and the other guy unloaded the bags from the cars' trunks. He spared me a look. "Come on, sweetheart," he called. Still caught up in the aircraft before me and everything going on around me, I didn't move a muscle. How was he just going to force me aboard a jet and cart me over to France? I had no passport, hell, I didn't even have my driver's license on me. I was basically a nobody now, just being pushed along to get a greedy mobster his useless money.

I jumped, startled, when Sehun suddenly had me by the arm in a crushing grip. "You're really going to annoy the out of me, aren't you?" he hissed, dragging me onto the jetway. I smothered the cry of pain on my tongue, instead prying at his fingers. I could feel the blood circulation beginning to cut off. "Keep it up and the last things you'll see in your lifetime will be nothing more than the inside of a hotel room."

"Then why even bother bringing me with you? I have no proof of who I am," I rasped, stumbling over the threshold of the plane.

Not even eliciting a warning, Sehun shoved me forward. I tripped and hit the floor on my knees. "The only thing you need to worry about right now is not pissing me off anymore than you already have." He crouched down to face me. "Let's see if you can grasp the concept of that while being chained up like an animal for the next 10 hours." He effortlessly pulled me up off the floor and began dragging me through the plane, past the luxury passenger seats and to the back of the aircraft. At the very end of the aisle, he slid a door open, revealing a bedroom with a king-size bed. 

"Jongin!" he called out, shoving me to the far side of the room, onto a couch. I grunted, catching myself before my head smacked into the wall. Shortly after, the other man with Chanyeol appeared in the doorway.

"Yes, Boss?"

Sehun held out his hand. "Handcuffs." Jongin pulled a pair from his jacket pocket and handed them over wordlessly. I shouldn't have been surprised that they had such a thing at their hands for immediately using whenever they felt like so.

Jongin stood by the door silently, watching as Sehun slipped one of the cuffs on my left wrist and the other onto an end table cemented into the plane's floor. Once he'd fully secured them, he knelt down in front of me. I scowled with as much ferocity I could muster.

"That glaring that you're so good at," he said, placing a hand on my knee, "it's going to get you in trouble too, sweetheart. If you do it again, you'll wish you had the handcuffs back." Staring me blankly in the eye, he squeezed my knee, pressing the bones inward painfully. I pursed my lips tightly together to keep from crying out but the smirk on his face made it obvious he could see my discomfort. 

He decided his point had been made though and stood, leaving me alone in the room. Jongin followed after him, not even giving me a spare glance. 

 

It was hours before I saw another face. To the least amount of relief I could muster, it was Chanyeol. He let me out of the cuffs long enough to pee and then I was latched back to the table and left again.

The next time someone came in, it was Jongin and we were already in France. I was stumped to see he had my beat up satchel that I'd left in my employee locker in the casino. He handed that and a yellow envelope to me after he'd taken the cuffs off. 

"Your ID and passport is all in there," he said, pulling me out of the plane by my elbow. I didn't have a moment to question before I was being shoved into a sleek black car with Sehun who was speaking the driver in French. 

Half an hour later, we were pulling into a parking garage underneath a swanky hotel. Chanyeol and Jongin were behind us in an identical car and there were also several men and a woman waiting in the garage.

"Out," Sehun snapped, stepping out of the car and holding the door open. Jongin and Chanyeol were next to us in seconds. Chanyeol moved to grab the bags from the trunk while Jongin followed closely as Sehun made his way over to the group of people waiting for the elevator. I was surprised to find a petite lady with baby bangs and small pink lips amidst the impeccably dressed men.

"And would I ever guess where you picked her up?" she asked, condescendingly eyeing me like a person would glare at gum stuck to the bottom of their shoe.

Sehun shrugged, not stopping to greet her. He headed straight into the open elevator doors. "Does it matter?" Jongin punched the 40th floor button, enclosing the four of us in the square space. "She'll be dead in less than twenty-four hours. Twelve if you can work quick."

"He's overzealous, no?" the lady shot at Jongin. He agre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter