THREE//3

Sweet Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wasn't taken very far from the suite where we'd previously been. The guard took me into the elevator and up one floor. I was relieved not to see any of the guests around, anyone who could witness me in nothing but a jacket with blood and tears on my face and being dragged around by a bodyguard of some sort.

I was still crying when we made it to a set of double doors to a super-sized suite. 

"Stop crying or you'll make things worse," the parasite on my arm told me under his breath. He didn't give me a chance to even question or comply before he rapped twice on the door.

"I don't want to be here," I sobbed back at him.

The doors opened and an unfamiliar man stood there, dressed nearly identical to the one beside me and the ones from before. Were they bodyguards or butlers? I couldn't figure it out. I was ushered inside as the man returned to what he was previously doing.

The inside of this suite was much more spacious, with an entire living area and kitchen with bedrooms completely seperated off. The furniture looked much more expensive too.

I noticed immediately that Sehun was not there and I was momentarily relieved. The sight of two more men besides my was enough to reinforce the fear in me. One was shoving clothing into a duffel bag while the one who had opened the door was sliding back into a chair at the kitchen table with a phone in his hand.

"Where'd he go?" my asked, letting go of my arm finally. I took a couple steps away from him.

The guy with the phone glanced up from the screen. "Wanted to play another round while we got everything ready to go," he replied. "I told him we'd come retrieve once I got hold of Yixing."

From the corner of my eye, I saw the packing guy straightened and glance my way. I could see him grab something from the plush couch and make his way over. 

"Here. Chanyeol said to snatch these out of a guest's room," he mumbled, tossing them at me before giving me a chance to grab them. I caught them. They were nothing more than a pair of distressed jeans and a grey sweatshirt.

The one apparently named Chanyeol was my . He nodded in agreement to the now retreating guy. "There's a bathroom there. Go clean yourself up. We'll be leaving shortly." He jerked his thumb towards his left where a door was.

I didn't ask where we were going or why. The moment alone in a bathroom was more than welcomed so I hurriedly locked myself inside.

Rushing over to the sink, I didn't dare look in the mirror and simply stripped off Chanyeol's jacket and started scrubbing. Water sloshed everywhere as I rushed to get the spots of blood off my arms and thoroughly rinse my face. It all ran murky and red and I tried not to look at it, just splashed more water onto my skin.

Eventually turning the water off after I rinsed my uncle's ring, I grabbed a crisp white towel from the rack behind me and dried off. I had gotten water everywhere. Me, the counter top, the floor. When I was completely dry, I threw the towel onto the puddle.

The clothes the guy had more or less stolen for me were a size too big but I was more than eager to get them on. I realized while I buttoned the pants that I no longer had any shoes either. There wasn't much I could say or do about it so I took a deep breath and opened the door, going back out to where the men were. At the last second, I remembered to grab Chanyeol's jacket.

Chanyeol was leaning over the table, watching the guy talk on the phone. He looked up when I reappeared and gave me a once over. Chewing on some type of snack food he held in his hand, he motioned towards the couch.

"Your shoes are over there." He looked at the guy still putting a few things in the duffel. "Taeil?"

The guy who'd given me the clothes paused what he was doing and grabbed a pair of shoes off the floor, throwing them my direction as he went into the bedroom off the living room. I glanced at Chanyeol before going to pick up the white tennis shoes and put them on once I'd placed his jacket over the couch. 

"We'll be out of here in about fifteen minutes," Chanyeol told me. Behind him, the other guy was mumbling into his phone still. "Are you ready?"

Unwilling to answer such a redundant question, I fixed him with a glare. He pursed his lips and turned away.

"Right, well." He grabbed his jacket and started for the door, looking over his shoulder at the man at the table. "Mark, I'll be downstairs with Boss. He'll be ready to leave soon so you should hurry things along. Bring her when you come."

It dawned on me that he was going to leave me alone with the men (not that I trusted Chanyeol any further than I could throw him) and I had the small urge to request following him but decided it wasn't a good idea seeing as he was going to Sehun. I didn't want to be anywhere near that man. I simply stood to the side when he passed me, giving me a pointed look that told me to behave or suffer the conseqeunces.

Uncomfortable with making myself at home in a criminal's suite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter