Distance

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun was excited. It was indeed a draining day from their hectic preparations for the upcoming stage promotions and the interviews and programs they had. The sudden, pleasantly surprising message from his boyfriend miles and miles apart from him certainly made his worn out spirit alive.

Once he stepped inside their dorm, he hastily kicked his shoes off like an overly excited kid that he almost tripped on his foot. Jongin’s laugh could be heard echoing in the background, together with Joonmyeon's teasing remark. "Guess who has a date with his lover.”

"Oh oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh oh oh,"* an exhausted Jongdae sing-sang in a very familiar tune that a certain famous celebrity from China sang.

"Fine, fine," Sehun sighed, a pink tint gracing his cheeks in embarrassment. He reached and rubbed his nape, a sign of nervousness and bashfulness that the members only witness when they talk about their maknae's boyfriend.

“Uh huh. He said that he watched the music video so yeah, he is just waiting for me to come home.” Sehun added with a cheeky grin that the members knew was only present whether the maknae talked about the Chinese deer. Joonmyeon quickly proposed that he stay in the other members’ room for tonight, which according to Baekhyun’s annoying mouth, could end in a steamy video cam .

Sehun did not bother answering with his usual flash of middle finger. He just dashed inside the bathroom to prep himself for that special night. He swiftly stripped himself of sweaty clothes and washed himself, making sure that he smelled fragrant all over even if Luhan won’t get a whiff of his baby powder smell. He dried his hair with the blow dryer, not giving anytime to marvel on the orange strands because he was too engrossed at the thought of talking to Luhan after weeks of exhausting schedules. He brushed his teeth about a minute longer and even flossed, just in case any dirt would be visible between his pearly whites.

The hyped maknae wore the best shirt he could pull from his wardrobe, which was a white tee that hugged his broad shoulders nicely. He just slipped in his favorite boxers—a Donald Duck one that Luhan gave him the last time they met in China—and quickly rummaged in the bathroom closet for his nightly routines. He did not apply his moisturizer in his usual prim and proper manner; he rubbed and slapped the substance against his skin like a man and even sprayed his expensive perfume.

He opened his laptop and impatiently tapped his chin while waiting for the desktop to appear, which in normal days, he found rather fast. As soon as the icons viewed, he proceeded on Skype and logged his account in. He knew that he could have just used his phone, but knowing Luhan and the elder’s unpredictability, the night could turn into what Baekhyun shamelessly proclaimed several minutes ago. If that was really how things would escalate, Sehun wanted to be able to touch himself without the need to hold his phone on front of himself just for Luhan to see him.

He found out that Luhan was already online and tapped the Chinese male’s username with anticipation. After a couple of seconds of waiting for anything to get set and placing his laptop on top of his pillow, a big reflection of himself appeared while the server was still connecting with Luhan’s.

As soon as a brown tuff of hair appeared on the screen, Sehun grinned manically especially when a set of shining doe-like eyes appeared before his vision.

There right on front of him flashed an image of the most ethereal creature he had ever set his eyes on. Perhaps, the owner of those mesmerizing orbs was not as young as he looked like, and not all people would definitely agree that the alluring Chinese boy was the prettiest fairy this world ever had. But to Sehun, the male was his source of joy, pride, inspiration, refuge, and the will to live…

 

 

 

Sehun’s everything.

 

 

 

“Xiao Lu!”

“Sehunnie!” The deer’s lips stretched to an ear-to-ear smile once his eyes befell on the maknae on his screen. “I missed you lots, baby.”

“Missed me? Pfft. You were busy flaunting your body on Instagram.” Sehun deadpanned, keeping up a straight face while staring at the faltering smile of his boyfriend. “Weren’t you too busy proving how manly you are? Boxing? Pfft. My ."

“What’s with that fussy attitude, Sehunnie?” Luhan chuckled and smirked in an attempt to tease his boyfriend. “Cut that crap, baby. Aren’t you proud that everyone can see my upper torso up to my face, but only you can see and touch me fully?”

“Yeah, like once to thrice a year at a very limited period of time…” Luhan heard his lover mumbling under his breath, to which the elder laughed and shook his head at.

“What’s that for anyway? A new acting project? A solo concert? I am barely updated so I am sorry.” The younger asked, to which Luhan stuck his tongue out. “Who knows? Maybe because I just want to show how healthy I am, unlike the other guy there whose belly is beginning to protrude.”

“Hey, I lost my abs and gained weight but it does not necessarily mean that I have a round tummy now,” Sehun scowled but Luhan only saw a pouting child whining. “This won’t work. I’m going off.” The maknae pretended to hover the cursor on the close button, of course with his signature default face. Luhan was quick to be fooled and he alarmingly gasped. “Hey, Sehun-ah. I was just kidding around. Do not be too sensitive, my baby boy. Hyung misses you a lot.”

“’Hyung misses you a lot’ my . How needy. We exchange messages every other day and we just talked on cam the day your music video and album were released last week,” Sehun quipped, trying to act as if he was not dying from the excited thrumming of his heartbeats inside his chest. “Aren’t you being too clingy on your boyfie, hm?”

“Wow, says the one who sprayed his expensive designer perfume all over his body and had his hair thoroughly dried,” Luhan rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms to his chest, feigning disappointment. He huffed and blew on his bangs, watching as Sehun’s facial expression turned into a flabbergasted one. “How did you know that… that I even sprayed all over me—“

“Uh, your manly smell is wafting up to China, Hunnie.” Luhan winked, sending Sehun a knowing stare that caused the maknae to pout. “Somebody told you?”

“Nah, but I know my maknae really well like the back of my hand,” Luhan mumbled while adjusting himself on the sheets so his red shirt-covered chest and his delicate but tired face could be seen.

“I am a grown up, Xiao Lu,” Sehun grumbled, stopping his ears from glowing a red shade from the sudden remark. “Why are you talking like you are babying me?”

“You are still a child inside, Sehun-ah,” Luhan giggled, making a gesture of trying to pinch Sehun’s cheeks. “No matter how much you grow up, I will always see you as the little Sehunnie who always bugged his Luhan hyung to join him buying bubble tea. Just admit that you like being doted so much by your ever favorite hyung.”

Sehun did not find himself answering, too mesmerized by the image of his boyfriend’s beautiful face. The elder’s eyes crinkled into ones of delight, showing a bit of his wrinkles that showed how worn out he was from the schedules he had. His button nose was snorting nonstop from trying to stop his laughs, and Luhan’s lips were parted to a million dollar smile. How Sehun wanted to see the other laughing so he could see how Luhan’s jaw seemed to be dislocated while bursting into fits of laughter, but his exhausted mind could not grasp for any smartass remark at the moment.

“By the way, Sehun-ah,” Luhan’s soft voice snapped him out from his trance, and saw the elder’s face scrunched into ones of worry. “I know Yixing already told you guys, but he is really sorry towards you, guys. We saw each other today, and he looked so worn out. He badly wants to leave and join you in promoting."

"How is he?" Sehun's eyebrows furrowed into ones of worry at the mention of his bandmate and friend. "He told us that he is okay, though, obviously, it is not the case."

"He seems to be eating well, but you know, his face reflects all the worries he has. He said that it was fun to be back at China at first, but then, of course, he misses you all. He promises to buy you souvenirs."

“Can’t he just bring you back here…?" Sehun trailed off, noticing how the shine in Luhan's eyes disappeared at the statement. He immediately added a hasty "even just for a day, or baby, just some from your stash of soiled underwear—" to avoid any awkward silence.

"Blah, blah, blah, I am not hearing anything." The Chinese babe covered his ears at the unexpected dirty remark. "Damn. How can you just insert all sort of filthy stuff to a very innocent conversation?"

"Why are you still wondering about that? Your pure, little hole was first touched by my dic—"

"ing cut it, Oh Sehun," Luhan narrowed his eyes dangerously, raising his middle finger right on the cam to cover his furious blush. "My goodness. You are still thinking of those things even if our countries are still in some sort of issues."

"Stupid issues," Sehun spat the words while crossing his arms and huffing like a kid. "Why the are we affected by those problems? Can't we just be all happy?"

As much as Luhan wanted to laugh, he could clearly see the hidden meaning behind the words. Though, thinking that the night was young and that Sehun was too tired for any drama, he jokingly muttered, "it is because you chose a foreigner for a lover and friend. There would have been no problem if I am not irresistibly y. You probably have kept your in your pants and died a ."

"Hey, that is not true," Sehun shot back, pointing towards the screen with an accusing finger. "I know you are really seductive and you are the babe in my wet dreams during my teenage years, but no need to insult me. There are a lot of women around that could have my only if I want to."

Luhan chuckled, watching his infuriated lover sassily combing his long, bony fingers through his orangey strands. Upon hearing the elder's laugh, the maknae sent him a glare and an eye roll, which of course, just made Luhan laugh louder.

"Kidding aside," Luhan said after his laughing fit and graced his features with a smile. “Let us talk about what I really wanted to talk about."

"Oh, yes." Sehun's scowl melted into ones of nervousness, and he stared back at the screen to see the encouraging smile on the deer's beautiful face. "The other day, what you said about my hair… is it, nice? The music video, too. Was it excellent? Okay? Or nah?” The maknae visibly tensed at Luhan’s sudden emotionless gaze. The younger cowered, not seeming to like what would leave his lover’s lips.

“You really did turn from a broccoli to a carrot,” Luhan giggled, making Sehun’s tensed muscles relax at the comforting sound. “At first I was surprised at the outrageous color change, but then, I gradually got used to it. Though, I prefer you with dark colors or your phenomenal rainbow color.”

“Who pulls off the rainbow hair better? Chanyeol hyung or me?”

"His hair not even rainbow-colored now as I can see."

"Luhannie..."

“Of course...” Luhan hummed, tapping his index finger on his lips as he pretended to think. “I was planning to tease you, but I cannot lie. It is you, silly.”

“As I expected," Sehun answered with a smug grin, and Luhan knew that if only he was there, he would see how his maknae would stand proudly, nose and chin up while nodding his head in approval.

“…and Hunnie, I wonder when the hell you will grow your hair back.”

“What’s with the obsession of growing back my hair?” Sehun asked, eyebrows creased into ones of wonder. “You had been telling me that since the first half of this year.”

“I miss the hair flips, Sehunnie,” Luhan squealed, angling his face so the maknae could see more of his pleading doe eyes. “I miss the sass whenever you do so. You look like an egg, you idiot. I really want to strangle the stylist who did that to you. I cannot even pull that much on it when…” Luhan trailed off suggestively, a tint of pink grazing his pale cheeks.

“Yeah, when I blow you or when I pound deep inside you—“ A shriek ripped through the room, coming from Sehun’s laptop. The younger laughed at the image of his lover shutting his eyes while his ears glowed a deep shade of red, and at the girly whine that left the elder’s lips.

“I-Is it really necessary to say that?” Luhan whimpered, deeply embarrassed at the blatant remark. A taunting Sehun just shook his head while saying, “wow, says the womanizer in his early years, and the one who sings about blowing a flute, has that good good and putting hands on his joystick."

“T-This is different,” Luhan spat, teeth chattering and his eyes dangerously narrowing at his lover, “a-and I do not think we need to talk about it…”

“…talk about what? When I snuck out last year just to see you after the concert, and when I nearly ed you in the van on the way to your home?”

“Sehun!” The elder yelled, cheeks burning in embarrassment, causing Sehun to feel like goo and melt at the elder's cuteness.

"Awww, my little baby deer, do not be shy," Sehun teased and reached out for the screen to peck Luhan's lips. A groan could be heard from the other end, and when Sehun pulled away, he saw a blushing but frowning Luhan.

"Hey, you know that that is dirty, right?" Luhan chided, clicking his tongue while shaking his finger in disapproval. "Laptop screens are dirty. I know you are cleaning it but still, the germs..."

"What's with that hypocrisy? You know going oral is dirty but you still like it so much—"

"Anywaaay," Luhan cut Sehun in a louder voice, not wanting to hear any filthy remarks from Sehun's naughty little mouth. "About the album and the concept, I would like to express my honest thoughts… And if I say honest, it is definitely honest. Do not expect me to exaggerate my praises the way you did to my album.”

“Hey, what I said was true,” Sehun frowned, offended that his lovely deer was doubting him. “I love the vibes of the songs, baby, add in the fact that I know that you gave your all in them. Also, the lollipop scene in your music video was really y. I remember that time in the airport that you were popping a lollipop in your mouth and I pulled you aside in the airplane's comfort room to help me—“

“SO THE TITLE SONG IS SO CATCHY,” Luhan interjected, fighting the urge for his cheeks to go red at the distant memory.

"And?" Sehun raised his brow, suppressing his laugh at the image of his beet red boyfriend trying to compose himself. Luhan cleared his throat after a few seconds of silence and started his long commentary.

"The MV is full of aesthetics and all of you guys looked so good in there! The song has a particular flow that you will love the first time you listen to it. , the beat is so sick and cool. It keeps on playing in my mind since I listened to it. The chorus is stuck in my head. I kept on singing the song earlier and I can feel my manager's eyes staring at me."

"Shimmy shimmy ko ko bop, I think I like it~" Sehun sang in his husky, low voice, making Luhan nod in approval.

"Tell the others that they did really well. Chanyeol may not have proper rap part in the song but his voice is so y. Baek, Kyungie and Jongdae did well as expected. Minseok sounds so good, too. Joonmyeon definitely deserves the amounts of lines he has. Jongin rocks as usual. He was so alluring eventhough I do not like his hair that much. And oh, extend my congratulations to Jongdae for not having a disastrous hairstyle for this comeback. I absolutely love the fact that he went blonde. And yes, I listened to the Chinese album, too. You all improved in your pronunciations."

"How about me? Aren't you going to compliment your boyfriend?" Sehun asked with a pout, to which a grinning Luhan replied, "of course, I am not yet done, silly. They said, 'save the best for the last.' How will I forget about you, hm?" Luhan reached for the screen, making a pinching gesture to a still pouting Sehun.

"I was supposed to say how much proud I am to see how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter