Kim Dasom

Living A Lie

"What?"

"Look sweetie, I'm so sorry." My Grandmother pulls me into a tight hug.

"H..H...How? Why?"

"Something went wrong with their flight to Mrytle Beach and th.."

"What do you mean their flight to?" I pulled away from my Grandmothers embrace.

"Sweetie." She startes petting my hair. "I just didn't want you to ruin your fun. You understand, right?"

"NO! Why didn't you just tell me in the beginning?!" I was furious. "That is my family, I shouldv'e known right when the news was out." I lifted my self off the couch, but my grandmother grabbed my hand stopping me.

"I know, but what difference would it make?" 

She's right. What would be the difference? They can''t come back. They're gone. Forever.

I sit back down and hug my Grandmother.

"Why? Why? Why?"

Neither of us talked. We just... cried in silence as reality struck us...hard.


*8 Years later

RINGGGG

I quickly moved my upper body up. Giving myself a headache. 

Putting my hands on the sides of my head to help with the slight pain.

*Knock Knock

The door is open and in comes my Grandma Hyo-Jung. 

"Hurry up sweetie. Go get ready for school. I got breakfast waiting downstairs."

"I will Grandma."

As she was about to leave my room I quickly stopped her by calling her name. She stops and turns around to face me.

"Yes sweetie?"

"I love you."

"I know sweetie. I love you too."


Lunch A Time

I was sitting with my "friends" eating pepperoni pizza with some fruits and vegetables on the side when one of the girls said something that bothered the h*ll out of me.

"I can't beleived that my mom packed me Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich with oreos. Like is she stupid or something. I need real food like lobster or something. Gosh." She flips her hair and throwes her food to the trash can that was near our table.

'At least you have a mom.' I needed to leave right away before she smashes this pizza with her face.

"Also my dad. Like I asked for a damn new car. And he says no. Like WTF! Right girls?" My other "friends" agreed with a nod.

I finished my food and got up.

'I can't deal with selfish bit*hes right now.'

"Hey. Dasom. Girl. Where you going?" Jihyo said or as I like to call her 'Selfish Bit*h'

"Bathroom." I said without looking at her. 

Leaving right away so I don't actually beat her a*s.


Ring

"Okay class you may leave now." Our anatomy teacher Mrs. Kim said.

Putting away my stuff, I hear a conversation from two girls behind me.

"My parents said I can't go to Key's party. They say I'm too young to be partying with college folks."

"Oh my god. Really?"

"Yeah and I found this cute yet y miniskirt I was going to wear." 

"Well just sneak out when they go to sleep. You will be late, but at least you will be their."

"You're right. Fu*k them. I'm a grown women. What my parent's don't know won't kill them."

They laugh and leave the classroom with me behind them.

'You never realise howi important someone is in your life until they are out of your life. Forever.'


I drive up my driveway and lock my 2012 Kia Forte. Seeing that my Grandma's car isn't here she probably went grocery shopping.

Taking my shoes off I went towards the living room.

I kneel infront of a small memorial of my family in the corner of the living room.

"I'm home." Fighting the tears I continue.

"Uhh. School was... well you know Kai. Boring as usual."

I lower my head not wanting my dad see me cry. Even if it's just a picture of him. It still feels like he's here, but he isn't.

"I scored a perfect 100 on my Anatomy test. Take that Kai." I let out a laugh then stop.

"I miss you so much. I love you guys." I kiss the pictures of my Dad, Mom, and brother. Then put the seperate picture of them back in their place and grab the family picture one in the middle.

It was takened the day before I left to band camp. My Grandma wanted a family picture taken so she can see the how bad of a tan they got. My parents and my Grandma looked poised, but my brother, Kai and I was smiling from ear to ear because of the guy taking our picture was sweating so bad he had sweat stains everywhere. 

I hug the picture and let all of my tears flow right out.

"I miss you guys."