Three (Final Chapter)

Unfortunate Encounter [COMPLETED]

I was able to endure the life with no friends. Umm well, I don't really have close friends except you and then you left so yeah.

I am back to square one.

I accepted Mr. Kim's offer about the new research. So my life that time was literally about the research itself. And as I have expected you did not join us. 

The research was a success. I was so happy I almost forgot about you. If it wasn't about the text message I recieved that time as I was on my way home.

It was an unknown number saying 'congratulations'. I was confused for a moment wondering who it was. Until a girl started calling my name.

2 years ago

I stopped on my tracks and a panting girl held my hand tightly.

"Eunji." She mumbled as she desperately gasped for air. "I- I am your clubmate in Science. I- I am so sorry." She burst into legit tears after barely finishing her sentence.

I don't know what to do or what to say. I was just caught off guard. Like why is she crying? Did something happen? I mean she's my clubmate and she's familiar so..

I looked around and saw some students looking at us weirdly as if I bullied this girl.

Do I look like a bully though?

I did not mind all the stares and just tried to calm her down by patting her shoulder and asked her why afterwards.

After a long moment of silence between us, she was able to calm down and started staring at me in the eyes but shortly looked down.

"I... I gave your phone number away." She announced with a forced poker face then cried again shortly.

This girl is emotional I must say.

"Why are you crying again?" I tried to comfort her with all my might. "It's just a phone number. It's ok. So don't cry alr- wait. Phone number?"

She nodded slowly.

"Who asked for it?" I asked as my curiosity strikes. Who could it be?

"Kim Seokjin. He's my classmate and also our co-clubmates. And he's also my cousin. My stupid cousin. Ugh. He's been bothering me for months now asking for your phone number. Ugh and the dumb me left my phone unlocked and boooom! He got it today." She pouted and wiped her tears away. "I'm so stupid."

She turned 180° degrees literally as she answered my last question. Lol But Kim Seokjin asked for that? Why?

Why?

WHY?!

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. I know it's a personal information and I shouldn't have given it carelessly. I'm so sor-"

She became hysterical again and I tried to calm her down by holding her on her shoulders. "It's okay. You don't have to feel bad. I don't think it's a bad thing afterall." I told her and gave her a sincere smile.

I mean, girl you just gave me a lot of hope. Like girl! You gave my number to KIM SEOKJIN! THAT'S SUPER AWESOME. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PAY YOU BACK.

"Eunbi! What is taking you so long?" A guy in a lab gown approached us with a creased forehead. Wow that's new. I've never seen him this pissed. 

I mean, you know, Jung Hoseok. The club's sunshine being gloomy like that.

Ah! They must be researching together about something.

I pushed Eunbi lightly towards the guy and gave her a nod that's it all okay. She just bowed back with an apologetic face and started walking towards the laboratory with Hoseok.

I watched them until they entered the room before releasing my contained feels.

Oh my gosh! Kim Seok Jin! Aka my former bestfriend asked for my phone number! 

OMG! WAIT! He couldn't be- I quickly took out my phone from my pocket and navigated to the message that said 'congratulations'.

This couldn't be him.

I nervously started typing the letters for 'who are you' but my phone started playing my message notification I almost drop it on the paved road. Thankfully I was able to catch it on time.

Whoooo... that was pretty close. I heaved a deep sigh, calmed my unstable heart and looked back at the conversation.

'Hey it's Jin. Sorry if I didn't tell you my name first. You must've been surprised. And I'm deeply sorry for what I've done. I know it's late and I know you're mad but I just wanna say sorry for everything.'

I rubbed my eyes for a couple of seconds trying to know if the text was true and not a product of my imagination. Because I do fantasize and sometimes I couldn't tell if it's still real or fantasy or what. I'm high. Wtf.

I slapped my cheeks for a couple of times. Closed my eyes and slowly opened them. And yes, it's true. It's HIM!

KIM SEOKJIN TEXTED ME!!!!!!!!!

 

 

I was too happy that time. I wanted to see you. I wanted to meet you. I wanted to hug you. I don't know why. But maybe that was the first time when a former friend approached me first and asked for forgiveness. You were the first and the last though.

We were fine since then. It was awkward at first but we were able to get back to what we were before.

Bestfriends.

Yes.

Nothing more, nothing less.

It was so frustrating in my part. You were acting like a boyfriend sometimes. You were so possessive and sweet and all but when people asked, you just address our 'relationship' as 'bestfriends'. I couldn't disagree though. Maybe I was just assuming too much with your gestures.

And I never actually confessed right? It's because I was too scared of rejection. 

The thing is, I actually thought you still liked me that time but as I think back now, maybe you've already thrown your feelings away before and just came back as my 'bestfriend'.

Am I right?

It was so regretful. Why were the situations that time so complicated? I mean, I could have just confessed right? And accept whether you'll reject me or not. Then just moved on with life.

Why was I too afraid? If I could have just told you my feelings and heard your answer I shouldn't have lived clueless for the last two years. I could have enjoyed my college life without thinking about you. I could have just dated and met other guys better than you. I could have been so happy as you. Maybe even happier.

I could have been able to show off my boyfriend just like what you're doing right now.

"So Eunji, when do you plan on getting a boyfriend?" You asked as you held your girlfriend's hand tightly while smiling at me innocently.

I hate you. You ing bastard. 

And I hate myself too for feeling this way. I hate myself for loving you until now. When you did move on with time.

I tried to give you a great fake smile. "Gues-''

"Right now." A cold voice covered my almost tearing voice as someone held my right hand. "She's getting a boyfriend and that's me, Jung Taekwoon."

-END-

Alright. So first of all, I'm really really sorry for the sudden hiatus and making you all wait too long for the update. It was unintentional. I was actually held captive by BEATEVO YG. The game 🎵🎶. I was too addicted for the past weeks that I almost forgot about my story. University life is also so stressful. Not really though, if it wasn't about our accounting professor. He's a total evil.
And yes, it ends here. I actually planned this for about 20 chapters but foreseeing my schedules this semester, I don't think I could make it til next year so I decided to end it here. I hope you understand.
I'm really really grateful to all of you who subscribed and patiently waited for this lame final chapter. And also to you who upvoted. You know who you are. Thank you so much. I hope that I somehow liven up your precious time while reading this story. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.