Two

Unfortunate Encounter [COMPLETED]

That was an awkward meeting but who would expect that we'd be bestfriends? Yes, we were once each other's best friend. Do you still remember it? Or is it only me now? Other students even thought that we're dating. I never actually thought of flirting you that time. Yes you're good looking but you're a dear friend and I don't make friends for romantic relationships. I treasure them instead.

But almost after a year, a short sentence got us in another awkward position...

 

3 years ago

I took a step out of Mr. Kim's office and lazily made my way to the library. Since the first research we had together, he's been so close with us. We could consider him as a father- err brother figure would be more appropriate. But the bad thing is he's been disturbing us with tons of research ideas and it's stressing me out. Just like today, he wanted to start another research. But I'm so busy right now I'm afraid I couldn't help him as much as I want.

"Jin, don't you really like Sophomore's Eunji?" 

My head automatically turned to the direction of the voice who addresed my name.

"How could you just be friends with her? She's such an ideal girlfriend."

Three or more guys were surrounding a guy sitting on a bench. And the guy being surrounded is none other than Seokjin. A smile appeared on my face as I took a step towards them-

"I like her."

 

That was the line I wanted to hear from you today but it's just plain impossible. When I heard you saying that, I was shocked. My heart started beating unusually faster. And I don't know how to react.

Was it because I was nervous or because I had a boyfriend?

I didn't really see you as a man before. You're older than me but you're so childish. I've had a brief crush on you though but it just melted away without me noticing.

 

"I like her." Jin declared stopping all the commotions happening on their spot.

The guys were paused on their positions literally. They were just looking at Jin surprised with their jaw dropping. And so am I. I wanted to walk away but my feet wouldn't cooperate and it's the worst thing ever. I don't want him to know that I heard him. He doesn't want to be pitied like this.

After a couple of seconds the guys were unpaused and started cheering for him. They were slapping him on his and shoulders and head. And here I am still shooked. Ugh why am I not moving?!

"E-eunji." Jin's voice echoed through my ears as he called out my name. "You okay?"

I slowly looked at him still debating with my mind whether to give him a smile or not. He saw me .

I heaved a deep sigh and gathered a lot of courage to show him a not-so-fake smile. "Yo."

His face became red as well as his ears. His pupils were shaking as he looked at me. "Did you hear?" He asked as he walked slowly towards me.

"What am I supposed to hear huh?" I asked him playfully hiding the real me who's still not over this. "I was just passing by when I saw you being brutally bullied." I joked as I look at the other guys covering their mouths. They just laughed their asses out as they heard my response and sat on the bench side by side.

His face slowly relaxed and he gave me a smile afterwards. "So, are you in?" His eyes pleaded.

I looked at him puzzled. "In?"

"Mr. Kim's new research. He wants us again." He exclaimed, excitement reflecting on his eyes.

"I'm not sure yet. I'd be very busy this month." I sighed.

His eyes darkened for a moment but he tried to hide it with his smile. "Right. Studies plus dating is surely busier than just studying."

"It's not like that. I just got a bad schedule." I assured him.

He nodded and looked down on the ground. "Yeah. Bad schedule." He muttered and walked back to the bench to get his bag.

I just stood there waiting for him to come back. He put his bag on his left shoulder, walked towards me, and walk past me.

...

...

...

WHAT. THE. .

I looked at his broad back shocked.

What was that? Did he just passed by me and nothing? Did he just ignore me?

"KIM SEOK JIN!" I roared as I tried to release my frustration. I waited for him to stop on his tracks but his back is just slowly going further away.

I rolled my eyes out of frustration. What did I do for him to act like that? That fool. I stomped my right foot before marching to the library. 

 

You ignored me and I did the same. What can I do? I was hurt. You didn't say anything and just walked away. I even called out to you but you just dismissed me. And it's the worst feeling ever. I wonder if you felt that. Being ignored by a dear friend.

On the next few days, I really wanted to approach you and apologize but fear is keeping me away from doing so. You had this black aura surrounding you and I didn't see you smile even once. You were so cold that I lose hope.

I tried to think of you as those fake friends that left me. I just tried to think that I'm not really good in keeping friends. Maybe I was just so good at pushing them away. And right then, I pushed you away.

That kind of thinking continued for weeks that it actually affected not just my study but also my relationship with my boyfriend. He broke up with me. He was sick of me talking about you all day long. Of how worried am I that our friendship will end up just like that. He said that I must be obsessed with you. He even said that I must be so lonely with life that I can't let a person go. I was actually shocked with his statements but that break-up didn't affect me as much as you did.

For the nth time, I was left alone again. Books and music filling my boring days.

 

 

A/N: I'm so sorry for the long wait. I'm having exams this week and I couldn't update as much as I wanted to. But first of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THOSE WHO SUBSCRIBED. Thank you so much really. Love love love.