Words of Promise

A Gift for Friends - One Shot Collection

Genre(s): Fluff, Drama, Comedy // Warning: Some swearing >_<


Like anyone else turning 18, Han Mira was expecting the best gift; a special card. The card holds the first words spoken to said everyone when they encounter their soulmate. However, when Mira received hers, it was blank.


As the masculine man spoke through his handphone, his sugary voice had the cab driver fooled into believing it wouldn’t hurt if he was charged extra for the lift.

After all the twenty-six-year-old driver, Lee Minhyuk could use some pocket money. It wasn’t the right and moral thing to do but his father’s birthday was coming up and the thought of sharing a meal with his old man wouldn’t slip his mind. Ever since his father remarried ten years ago and brought home to him a younger brother, Minhyuk was robbed of any parental affection.

With both hands on the steering wheel, he checked the rearview mirror to reconfirm that the customer was still occupied. When he was clear, the lad reached over to his GPS and cranked up the current balance a little.

“Hey!” Minhyuk retracted his hand immediately and tightened his grip on the steering wheel right before he froze. Was he caught? Stealing a quick peek over his shoulder he realized that he was safe and unnoticed, however, the man’s sweet voice was long replaced by a lower one tinted with anger and annoyance. “What do you want? I was in the middle of speaking business with a client,” he snapped. Noticeably someone else was on the phone. Someone the man didn’t want to hear from.

As time ticked by, Minhyuk began to worry about overcharging the now angry customer. The nervous man chewed on his lower lip when they arrived at their destination—a noodle restaurant. Once Minhyuk parked the car, the man caught a glimpse at the tracker and flattened his eyes, he hung up on the caller and diverted all attention to Minhyuk, “What’s this? Why is it more than usual?” The driver could sense the larger man scooting closer from behind then said man grabbed a hold onto his headrest. “Buddy, what’s the deal with your tracker? Is it broken?” Minhyuk gulped as he carefully reached for a notepad and pen near him.

Steadily he wrote in the pad before showing it to the male ‘Pay up please’.

Minhyuk swears he saw the customer’s eye twitched a little through the rear mirror. “Pay up? You dare?!” In a flash, Minhyuk’s collar was locked in the bloke’s left hand as he pulls back his right, a firm fist, ready to punch the handsome Asian. Right before any physical abuse could occur, the door closest to the curb flew open.

“Sorry, I’m on a tight schedule. This taxi is available right?”

Peeping into the vehicle was a woman. Her sun kissed brown locks shimmered effortlessly under the sunlight, giving her an angelic glow. Her dark doe eyes and small lips went together flawlessly. The lass looked of mixed blood. Minhyuk blinked, amazed and mesmerized by her appearance. However, on the other hand, the other was not impressed with her disruptive entrance, “Lady, can’t you see we’re in the middle of something here? Run along or you’ll regret it.”

The thought of standing up for her crossed Minhyuk’s mind, but before he could attempt any heroic acts she beat him to it. “If your ‘middle of something’ involve violence then you should rest the case. It’s not hard to get a police officer over on this side of town. Now pay the man, he did his job bringing you here now you need to do yours.”

Minhyuk was impressed.

A snort left the man’s nostrils, “Look here you wench. This cheating bastard was trying to overcharge and rip me off. If you’re going to cry to an officer for help then you might as well bring him here for this bastard instead,” the lad made a knot as he twisted his grip around Minhyuk’s shirt.

“Any case of assault is more serious than an overcharge. It’s best you see the extra won as compensation. If you take this to court I promise you you’ll lose more than you’ll gain,” her words seemed to have scared him when he drew his wallet out from his -pocket, angrily searches through, and toss cash at Minhyuk without staying for change. Seconds later, as if nothing had happened, she got into the backseat and shut the door, “Great, now I’m really late thanks to that cheapskate,” she murmured under her breath before saying to Minhyuk, “please take me to Yonsei Dentistry.”

When they arrived at said destination the woman handed him her balance and got out of the car. Taken aback by her ninja moves he jumped out of the vehicle as fast as he could, but even his quickest couldn’t catch her. The woman was already halfway toward the storied building, her heels clicking onto the smooth cement underneath them.

He gaped at her, was she a patient or employee there? It didn’t matter because the moment he was about to take a step closer to answering his own question, a couple dashed into his cab. “Please, we’re in a hurry!” They cried in unison. Their brisk manners forced him to put his own agenda on hold so he hastily got back into his seat.

Meanwhile, inside the chaotic building, the woman went up to a counter and handed her duffle bag and long jacket to the person behind it. “Dr. Han, Dr. Park was looking for you,” the young receptionist said as she stood to retrieve her senior’s belongings.

The panting woman, Dr. Han, pulled out a thick hair tie and put her messy locks into a tight ponytail. Her round eyes grew bigger as she asked, “Why? Is something the matter?”

“Apparently Yoo Kihyun and his mother came in. His bracket fell off again when he was asleep and it nearly choked him in his sleep….She caused a scene saying she was going to sue the clinic.” Dr. Han could tell it hasn't been long since the incident because the shorter’s voice was lingering with shakiness.

To comfort the receptionist Dr. Han heaved a sigh before saying, “Really? Well if he quit drinking cola and his mother spend more money buying him healthier snacks than this could have been prevented. It’s been three and a half years since he’s been a patient here, he’s a year and a half overdue for his braces,” after earning a simple nod from the lass, Dr. Han took her leave and headed for the elevator. Normally she’d take the stairs to avoid people, but she has been on the clock for fourteen hours and her feet are sore from all the walking, running, and climbing.

As she entered the elevator, she greeted and stood in front of the family of five, Dr. Han could hear muttering about her from behind. It first started off soft then louder, “It’s her. The foreigner the people here chose over my daughter.” At first, it was an elderly woman’s voice, then another joined her.

“This one? Is this place blind? Your daughter is 100% better. Seunghee is so pretty, sweet, and she’s Korean. What is wrong with this place?”

“Just like you said. That’s why I didn’t want to come here in the first place.”

Dr. Han pocketed her hands. Exhausted. Sleepless. She wanted nothing more than to find a safe, quiet corner to snuggle against. So when the elevator door flew open, pretending she hasn't heard a word, she aimed only for her boss, Dr. Park Wonyoung, the Prosthodontist. Just as she had hoped, he was freeing himself of clear, transparent latex gloves when he looked up from the disposal bin and locked gazes with her.

He immediately acknowledged her with a question, “How was lunch? You’re late,” when he walked up to her, just to pass by she instantly followed him to explain.

“Sorry. I bumped into a long-time friend I haven’t seen in awhile. We were catching up and lost track of time,” there was a pause for the male to respond but he stayed quiet and continued walking a few steps ahead of her, “Mimi informed me of Ms. Yoo’s unexpected visit. I will take care of it and settle this case outside of the court sys—, ”

When a chuckle escaped the man’s throat, they both stopped dead in their tracks. Then he turned to face her, she saw a wide smile drawn across his face old yet handsome face. “You’re not even a lawyer, why do you keep insisting you’re one?” Dr. Han can’t help it, her true lawyer friend is very influential. “Please speak to Lawyer Im for me.”

Left speechless she could only nod as he traveled alone toward the direction of his office. The woman smiled to herself a little as her boss’s words rang in her head. It’s been awhile since she has seen her friend and in time of crises like this, she misses him the most.


Dr. Han heaved a heavy sigh as she looks over papers clipped to the transparent clipboard. Leaning over the counter a little her current position made her sleepy. When she started to drowse off she took a step back and shook her head. Right then the young receptionist called out to her, “Dr. Han there’s a call for you on line two.”

She responded instantly with a hum as she reached over the counter for a phone. Simultaneously she picked up the call and placed the phone near her ear, “Dr. Han speaking,” she said.

“Where are you?” were the first words from a very unpretentious manly voice.

Wide awake with a grand smile laced across her face she answered, “Changkyun. Wow, our telepathy never fails. I was going to call you when I’m off,” she explained in an unstable voice. Only to Changkyun can she speak in whatever tone and voice she can and wants.

“You know me. I can always sense it when you cause trouble,” the lass can’t deny that fact so all she could do was laugh. “What is it this time? Who do I need to make a deal with?”

Dr. Han cut to the chase and exploit everything, “You know that patient I often talk about, Yoo Kihyun?”

There was a hum on the other side before the male asked, “Ah, the soda kid?”

“Yes! Him. Apparently, the wire shifted enough for the bracket, adjacent to his left molar pop off and choke him while he was asleep. His mother came in earlier today and said she was going to sue the clinic. So my boss wanted me to call you because you know, you’re good at winning.” she shamelessly admitted at the same time complimented him.

“So your boss wanted you to call me? You sure it wasn’t you who wanted you to call me?”

Dr. Han rolled her eyes—so typical of the romantic Changkyun to say.

“Same difference,” she said to brush him off, “so are you in or are you in?”

A snorty-like-chuckle could be heard on the other line when the man finally replied, “Okay, I’m in.”

The woman did not dare hold back her smile and voice as she said, “I love you Changkyun! I’ll give you a more detail call later. I have a patient coming in at five so I have to go,”

“Sure but Mira, a reminder, quit using those words loosely. Save them for your soulmate,” and with that the lad hung up on her first, leaving the lass to bite down on her bottom lip with bitterness. The sole word ‘soulmate’ used to enliven her when she was younger but now that she’s twenty-four it has become futile and meaningless.

See when every individual, no matter where you are in the world, turn eighteen they receive a golden card, laced with a beautiful cerise bow. On the pasteboard are words spoken to them at first meet from their one and true soulmate—written in sparklingly black ink and only visible to the receiver. However, for Mira, her excitement was nonexistent when her special, golden card revealed nothing. To cheer her up, her friends then speculated three things:

“First, your soulmate doesn’t say a word to you when you both first meet,” claimed her half Japanese half Korean friend when they were sitting at the lunch table back in College.

“Or second maybe the deities haven’t determined who your soulmate will be. Or oh! Maybe he’s yet to be born!” uttered her Persian childhood friend when Mira ring her up to congratulate the creative lass on her wedding.

Lastly, it was Changkyun who spoke the most sense to her, “You could be what they call a wild card. There’s a saying, ‘somewhere out there there’s someone for everyone’ which is true but not someone is made for everyone. If you end up with another with a wild card then it’s up to you guys whether the relationship works out or not. Just don’t fall for a man who has a working card, like me for instance,” okay maybe the last bit didn’t make the most sense to her because Changkyun was far from her ideal type, although Changkyun tends to be correct and accurate in a lot of cases.


Mira combed her hair back as she circled around the corner, speed-walking to get to her stuff and get out of the building when she ran into a person. Mira grunted when her forehead came into contact with the stranger’s chest, then with a quick step back she looked up to see who it was. In front of her was a thuggish man, possibly a little younger than her, with heavy black eyeliner and in full dark wear.

Normally Mira’s go-to would be to apologize but his rude demeanor was asking for a scolding. Also, the way he flattened his already slitted Asian eyes at her sort of ticked her off too, “Apologize,” she demanded after giving her temple a few rubs. But the male only snorted before he avoided her altogether as he passed her. Mira heaved an offended sigh but let it slide because she was craving to rest.

Back at the front desk, she retrieved her belongings as she passes acknowledgments to the now different receptionist. “Have a good night Dr. Han,” the man said as he sends her off.

“You too,” Mira voiced as she waves goodbye to him and exits the building. Once she was outside, Mira breathed in the fresh and clean air with a gleeful smile. The single thought of her bed’s coziness and warmth made her eager to get home; she wanted to embrace slumber. Just when she went in for one last deep breath her cell’s ringtone, Camila Cabello’s “Crying in the Club”, abruptly ruined her short lived peace.

The woman fished her pockets for the device but it was nowhere to be found. Feeling uneasy she searched through her duffle bag, hanging around her shoulder, and when all she could feel were papers and anything but her phone she began to panic. The sound was so vivid but why couldn’t she find it? Then right when she was ready to pour everything out, her phone came into sight. The strange thing was, it was in someone’s hand.

Mira glanced sideways and saw the man from minutes ago. “You—” The man cuts her off and beckons she take her phone. As the ringing died, Mira reached for her phone, but surprisingly he lifted it out of her touch.

“Can I ask you something?” he began. Despite his frigid complexion, his voice was charismatic and pleasant. Unknowingly Mira had her bag clutched against her chest when she slightly nodded. “Are you a wild card?”

It took a few seconds for Mira to notice she had stopped breathing. Then it occurred to her, was he the one? The one she has been waiting for after she has given up seeking.

“A-and you are..?” She mumbled. Mira had never been tongue tied before to the point where it scares her. Not even when she had to give a fifteen-minute presentation in bio class or when a peer accused her of cheating on the medical entrance exam.

“Lee Jooheon,” the lad answered. It wasn’t the answer Mira was looking for but it was a start nonetheless.

“Lee Jooheon I—”

“According to our cards, we’re soulmates,” he stated. Right there and then time seemed to have frozen because everything around Mira became motionless. Noises around her were failing and nothing else mattered except for the man standing before her.


It was eight o’clock at night when Minhyuk found himself parked outside of Yonsei Dentistry. In his grasp was a familiar golden card, one that fits perfectly in his hand. Silently he scanned and observed the words printed across it. A smile was drawn on his face when he looked up and noticed a familiar figure. His jaw dropped a little when he saw her, Han Mira.

When he blinked again he noticed a man standing behind her. From what Minhyuk could make out he was handing her an object, one rather small and of great value because she extended an arm out for it. After they exchange a few sentences, Minhyuk watches as they walk away from him together.

And for some reason, the sight made him sick. By reading her actions, he could tell she was a tad bit uncomfortable by the other’s presence. Or at least it seemed like it as she was stiff when following him. So without a doubt, he got out of the vehicle and started to track them down.


Mira wasn’t sure why she agreed to have supper with the stranger at a restaurant she has never been to before, but there she was, sitting right across from him. Though she hasn’t eaten since she had lunch, she was more desperate to know if he was really her soulmate. In order to hide her discomfort and eagerness to know, the lass leaned back against her chair with arms folded as she put on an emotionless face. “Is it your hobby to share meals with women you’re not close with?” She didn’t want to be cold and distant but his whole approach still irked her.

She hated mannerless brats.

“Only with beautiful, model-like women,” he said as if she needed to be corrected. Mira immediately takes back her thoughts that he sounded pleasant.

“So you’ve got standards?”

An eerily grin was painted on his face as he looked up at her, “Don’t we all?”

There was a silence between them as a waiter came over to refill their drinks, “Is the food not to your liking miss?”

Mira peeked down at her colorful plate. She has left it untouched ever since the man, Jooheon, had it brought out to her, “No, it’s quite tasty,” she lied as she went to pick up her silver utensils. Seeing through her fib, Jooheon’s grin deepened. Though he was entertained by the confused expression on the waiter’s face, he quickly dismissed the server. Then he popped a slice of beef into his mouth as he carried on the miserable conversation.

“Next time let me know beforehand if you’re not hungry. I could make better use of that money instead of wasting it,” Jooheon said, though, with a calm voice, it was a direct blow at Mira.

The woman smirk, she cannot be defeated so easily. Afterall she wouldn’t be who she was today if she had let herself be a pushover. “There’s no next time for us. However, if you do bring another beautiful woman here next time, make sure you ask her if she’s willing to eat with you first. Instead of saying ‘come with me’ you should practice ‘would you like to eat with me?’,”

Mira felt satisfied when the grin on his face began to fade, but right when she thought she had won he came back at her with something she did not expect. “Ah~ instead of that ‘apologize’ you did back there,” the man locked gazes with her, “you should try ‘sorry Oppa’,”

The way he sing-song ‘sorry Oppa’ annoyed her to the core. And this man claimed to be her soulmate?

What a joke.

“Instead of that why don’t you explain the cards. Where on earth did you come up with the absurd idea that you’re my soulmate?” Mira wanted to curse the man out but she knows she had to be professional. She had to be well mannered and respectful to everyone else even if it’s not to the one at the same table as her. “How did you know I have a wild card?”

“Ah that,” the man began as he chewed and swallowed his food, “everyone at the clinic knows that Dr. Han has a blank card, including my mother. Since no one can ever tell what a wordless card implies, it’s plainly known as a wild card. It’s all about guessing and assuming. However, yours is blank, why you wonder, because when we first met I did say a single word to you. But you’re the first person to say what you said to me after I turned eighteen.”

Mira snorted, “That’s it?”

“I’m aware that I can be a jerk but you’re not so innocent yourself. In fact, you’re quite y from the short time we’ve spent together,” his cold gaze triggered Mira just as much as his nasty personality.

“Say you’re right. Say for some unlucky reason we’re soulmates. So what? A wild card is about guessing and assuming right? Then I’m going to assume I haven’t met my soulmate yet. As for you, you should revisit your card because it may not have said ‘apologize’ but rather ‘apologize, trash’.” Mira couldn’t stand being around him anymore so she got up and was ready to leave when he stopped her by putting his foot on her chair, blocking her.  

“Geez, you’re too hot-headed. It just so happens that your soulmate is me, the god of jerks. But if you tarnish this potential relationship between us than the marriage world will not forgive and treat you kindly. Especially whoever it was that paired us together.”

She glared at him. It was true. No matter how hard couples try, if they never ended up nor ever found their soulmates than they’ll eventually break up with whoever they’re currently with. The statistics were there and though Mira believed in the facts, she cannot accept Jooheon. She cannot stand his guts.

“I’ll say this. Give me a week and you’ll be head over heels for me. I promise you that,”

Suddenly Mira felt exhausted. She’s been longing sleep forever and now she was too tired to argue with him. Though she has been feeling weak and hungry, she did her best not to pass out in front of Jooheon. But humans are like batteries. They need to rest and recharge in order to work again. Before she completely let go of her conscious, a new and reliable presence appeared in front of her.

She recognized the driver from before as she fell right into his arms and nothing but darkness lit up her world.

Jooheon shot up from his seat, surprised by the scene unfolded inches from him, “Minhyuk, you—”

The driver secured the woman’s body as he carried her out of the restaurant, ignoring Jooheon.


When Mira was awake she was happy to see that the person beside her was Changkyun, her best friend. She could see his face profile and hear his voice, he was speaking to someone hidden from Mira’s view by the feet of her bed. As Mira work in a clinic herself, she could identify the location she was at. Though she can’t remember how she got there. “Changkyun,” she softly called. With a quick turn of his heels, Changkyun approached her. He was in casual wear, something she hasn’t seen ever since college; a boring white tee shirt with black jeans and a brown buckle.

“Mira,” Changkyun said as he slipped his left hand into hers and caressed her cheek with his right. “How are you feeling? Do you want anything?”

Though they are of the same age, at times Changkyun will feel and act like an older brother. And Mira had his parents to thank for that. They’ve raised him well before leaving him behind.

“Water,” she spoke, a little choked up. She missed him. She missed him babying her like when they were in high school and college.

“He’ll get you water,” Changkyun commented surprising Mira. Who was he? Then on the other side of the bed, she saw him, the taxi driver. The man was pouring her a glass of water when she looks to Changkyun for answers. “He brought you here. The doctor said you’re malnourished. You shouldn’t starve yourself just because you’re busy.”

Rather than listening to him, Mira searched her memories for clues. Then as the nameless came forward with her water, she stopped him with a question, “Are you Minhyuk?” The outsider stopped dead in his tracks.

Changkyun and the man caught each other’s glimpse before the lawyer spoke, “You know him, Mira?”

“I heard that guy call him Minhyuk,”

“Which guy..?”

Mira did not dare say his name. She was afraid she’d jinx herself if she did. Lee Jooheon. She did not want to see, hear, or remember his name, face, or existence. The lass quickly diverted her attention to Changkyun, “I don’t want anyone else in here. Please kick him out.” Her voice was shaky and Changkyun has never witnessed her so frightened before. So without further ado, he escorts Minhyuk out.

Once they were in the hall Changkyun instantly dig for explanations, “Was Mira with someone before you brought her in?”

Minhyuk kept his head down. He couldn’t tell the man. What would the lawyer do if he discovered that it was Minhyuk’s step brother, Jooheon, who put Mira in her current state. The man wouldn’t let his step brother go and Mira would never forgive them.

“Answer me. Did someone hurt her?” Minhyuk began to shake his head when the latter put a stop to it, “If you lie to me I’ll have you lock up, there’s no way Mira would carelessly lose conscious out on the streets. She’s strong enough to secure her safety first before she lets her guard down.”

Minhyuk finally peeped up, but in the end shook his head again. Knowing he couldn’t beat the answer out of the man, Changkyun decided to drop it for the time being. Meanwhile, he returns and tends to Mira who was now in a sitting position. “He’s gone. First, let’s make sure you’re fine, I’ll go get the doctor so lay down again,” when Changkyun reaches over to lower her bed, Mira grabbed him by the forearm.

“I’ll do it, but before you go can I ask you something,” Mira posed. Her friend hummed. “Who was that?”

“Who..?” it took Changkyun a split second to know who she was referring to, “Oh, him. Didn’t you call him Minhyuk?”

“I did. But,” Mira paused, recollecting every memory she had of him, “I’m certain he was the cab driver who took me to work after my lunch period. But what was he doing...there…? I didn’t see anyone else with him.., was he eating alone?” Mira began to mumble as she dived deeper into memory lane, leaving Changkyun farther and farther behind. Then as if someone pulled her soul back into her body, Mira glanced up and toward Changkyun, “Wasn’t he kind of...quiet?”

Changkyun blinked then nodded, “When he brought you in, we had to communicate with him through a notepad he was carrying—”

Mira didn’t wait for him to finish when she interrupted him, her eyes were wide open as if she had just realized something major, “What if I’m not a wild card after all?”

“What?”

“What if I’m not a wild card?” This time Mira grabbed and tighten her hold around his wrist, “What if my soulmate is someone who can’t verbalize?”

Changkyun chuckled, “Mira, that can’t be possible—”

“Why not? You said it yourself that someone is for everyone. Then what about him? Is there no one for him? Please go after him Changkyun, I must know what his card says!” Mira begged with tears welling up in her eyes.

Changkyun knew what this meant to her. For the longest time, Mira’s lifelong dream was to find her partner. If he failed his best friend this time, he can never call himself her friend again. With a reassuring nod, he ripped her stiff hands off him and rushed out.

However, despite the countless circles Changkyun made on each hospital floor, he couldn’t track Minhyuk whatsoever. As if the man was never there in the first place, he disappeared just as quietly as he came.

Minutes turned into hours: eighteen hours later Lee Jooheon was identified and found out. Younger step brother of Lee Minhyuk. His occupation was a model and the boyfriend of Seunghee; the woman who didn’t get Mira’s position. Back when Mira got on the elevator with the group of five, Jooheon was part of the small party, and he heard it all. It had him fuming to the point where he felt the need to avenge his girl, his soulmate. The words on his card were not ‘apologize’ but ‘hello, I’m Korea’s next Orthodontist Seunghee’.

Hours turned into days: two days later Mira was discharged.

Days turned into weeks: two weeks later Yonsei Dentistry received news. Ms. Yoo decided to sue, but her son, Kihyun chose to settle after the first day of trial.

Weeks turned into months: nine months later Changkyun finally caught him.

It was during the middle of Winter when Changkyun was on his way to court when he entered a cab that was pulled over. The driver didn’t greet him until he broke the ice first, “I’m on a tight schedule. This taxi is available right?” Once the man turned around with a surprised expression written all over his face Changkyun caught him in the same shock. “Oh, it’s you—”

Minhyuk pivoted away first hoping to hide his flustering. He mentally cursed himself wishing he has been more careful. He did well staying away from them but now what can he do? Especially when Changkyun recognizes him.


As soon as Mira finished up replacing the girl’s red rubber bands with hot pink ones; the patient’s choice of color, she readjusts the young girl’s seat before maneuvering away and stripping her gloves off, “All done, don’t forget to schedule another appointment at the front desk. I’ll see you in a few weeks.” As she stood up to leave the girl’s random question held her back momentarily.

“Dr. Han, have you found your soulmate yet? I’ve got five more years before I can get my card and I was wondering how does it feel to have a soulmate,”

The corner of Mira’s lips curled up, as she took a seat again and faced her company, “You know what I found that is interesting? They're called soulmate, however, your soulmate can easily slip by if you fail to acknowledge them. When I first met my soulmate it was like that, then after a while, my soul finally saw him and kind of went ‘oh there you are. I’ve been looking for you.’”

Her answer earned honeyed giggles from the girl.

“Mira,”

Mira and the girl’s attention went directly to the door, where they saw two figures standing there.

“There you are,” Mira began as she looked only at one of the two, “I’ve been looking for you, Minhyuk.”   


A/N: Andddddddd CUT! Wow this one took me a while to start and finish >_< I'm so sorry for the longgggg wait Lulyssahyun, I know you're forgiving but please just accept my apology xD It's my first time writing Monsta X and although Kihyun is my bias I sort of made him a brat in this story. Well, just a little xD Jooheon is probably not someone you may have imagined or wanted but for some odd reason I thought he'd make a great antagonist so here he is. At first Jooheon was supposed to play Mira's current boyfriend (he's the antagonist here too) where he lied to her about what the 'words of promise' on his card said cause he could care less about this soulmate stuff, but since Mira is technically quote on quote a foreigner, I decided to take a more realistic route that deals with racism in S.K.  Most of all I hope you like Mira (and Minhyuk). Mira was somewhat difficult for me to write cause I couldn't choose whether to make her hardcore and blunt or caring and weak minded. I know you wanted her to be unapproachable, yet, shy at heart character so I did try to keep her stuck up side but not everything worked in my favor. Unfortunately. Anywho before I ramble on, I truly love and appreciated the story idea you shared with me. It was very interesting and I had a lot of fun trying to work with and around it! 

Word count: 5251