Breakfast at the Hostel

Trails

Dongwan had woke up early to take a shower and get ready for his date with Jez,  For some reason his stomache was in knots.  He went down to the dining hall and sat at the same table that he ate the night before.  He ordered a pot of coffee, he wanted to wait to order until Jezzy got there.  He sat with his hands folded on top of the table, he was shaking his foot nervously.  The waiter, Mark...and the kitchen staff were taking bets on if Jezzy would actually show up.  The minutes ticked by and Dongwan was starting to get discouraged.  He stared at a stain on the table top until hr heard a bell ring as the front door opened and in walked his strawberry blond Witch of the Fells,  Mark's mouth dropped open as he pulled his wallet out of his back pocket angrilly and handed the chef some money.

A smile lit up Dongwan's face as he scrambled to his feet and pulled out a chair for her,  Jez rolled her eyes and held in her impulse to cuss, she walked over and sat down.  

"Good morning Jezebel,"  Dongwan said with a big smiled and sat down, "how are you today?"

"I am here, "she mumbled grumpily as she reached for the pot of coffee to fill eht cup that Mark put in front of her.  She looked up at Mark, "Make sure that this stays full."  He nodded and asked if they were ready to order.  Dongwan ordered a large breakfast of eggs Benedict and sausage, with a carafe of orange juice.  Jezzy just ordered a side of wheat toast.  Mark walked away and placed the order with the chef.  Dongwan looked at Jez in surprise, "Toast...that is all you are going to order?"

Jez just shrugged her shoulders.  "I am not that hungry.  I am fine with coffee and toast."  she didn't want to show her nervousness to the man in front of her that make her heart race.

"Well if you change your mind you can order something else, "Dongwan rested his chin in his hand and gazed at her with a soft smile on his face.

"Ah don't look at me like that!! "she looked at him with a frown in between her eyes, "  why did you ask me out for breakfast anyway...what do you want?"

Dongwan kept the smile on his face and answered, " I just want to get to know you, and I thought that you could show me around here."

She laughed , "Go outside, take a look around and there you have seen it all, there is not much to see here. "

"I beg to differ Jezebel, "Dongwan answered his eyes locked on hers, "I find you very interesting."  

She nearly choked on the sip of coffee that she took, but covered it up acting like she had a tickle in .  Mark set the food in front of them and told them to enjoy their breakfast,  he winked at Jez, who happened to be his cousin.

Dongwan started to butter his toast as he noticed Jez look at his eggs with a hunger.  He smirked and put one of the eggs on her plate, "I will share with you MS Jezebel.

"Stop calling me that..."she scorned." I had hippy parents who thought it was a good idea to name me after the harlot of the old testament."

Dongwan laughed as he started to eat his breakfast.  Jez took a bite of her eggs, "Thanks I love their breakfast Menu here,"  Dongwan knew that she was acting hard for a reason and he will find out.

They finished the breakfast in comfortable silence.  As soon as they were done she got a text on her phone,  She wiped with a napkin, "I hate to dine and dash, but I have to go take care of my mum's pup"  

Dongwan's face dropped, "You have to leave already?"  he stuck is lower lip out.

She stuck her tongue at him, "pull your lip in a bird will land and build a nest there,"  She stood up to get ready to leave.

"But I thought you could show me around today." he pouted even more.

Jez through her hands up in the air, "Fine fine, you big baby.....I will be back at noon and will take you to some very nice foot trails."she turned to leave and over her shoulder, "I will even let you hold Damien's leash."

Dongwan threw his fist up in victory, "Yay"

"Oh by the way...."she paused to look at him before she walked out, "I hate the way you eat," she strode out the door.

Dongwan stood there frozen in place.  The last woman that said that to him was his ex and he broke up with her because of it.