moving day (featuring chicken and gangs)

Seoul Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daehwi's POV

__________

After a week of attending Seoul Academy, the dorms were finally ready for us students to move in to. Since I never attended to a boarding school before, I'm kind of nervous to see how different it will be. Hopefully spending more time around people won't cause more conflict. I'm most nervous to see who my roommate will be, since I'll probably be around him the most. Most importantly, will I miss my mom too much?

Today, on this early Saturday morning, I had to walk to school with my mom and 3 fully packed suitcases. I spent all of last night packing all of my necessities and double checking to make sure I didn't leave anything behind. I ran into Woojin on my way to school, who was only carrying a suitcase and a drawstring bag. Did I bring too many things, or did he not bring enough? Woojin and I talked about how exciting it would be to live in these dorms, as our mothers walked behind us talking about... mom things. In what felt like a minute, we arrived to school and hugged our mothers goodbye.

"Don't get involved in trouble, Daehwi! And eat well." my mom said as we hugged. I hummed in agreement and promised to call her a few times a week.

 

Woojin, who was only carrying one suitcase, helped me carry one of my three.

"Why do you need all this stuff?"

"I just... I have a lot of things. I didn't wanna leave some things behind even if they're useless. Also, I brought snacks." I said, bringing a smile to Woojin's face.

__________

We walked to the office together, since the secretary had all the information about our rooms and roommates. She handed me a key and a paper that read Room 209 - Lee Daehwi, Park Woojin, Bae Jinyoung.

"We're roommates!" Woojin smiled as he pushed me to the side. "Jinyoung too! Well, that'll be fun."

"We're three people in one room, does that mean we'll get a bigger room?" I asked.

"Yeah! The bigger rooms are so cool, it's totally worth it."

We walked out of the office happily, already deciding on rules.

"Keeping the dorm clean is definitely important, are you messy?"

"Uh..." Woojin hesitated, "No! Super clean. Like, the cleanest of the clean."

"Okay..." I said, not believing him for a second. "What rule do you wanna set?"

"Dancing in the dorm is allowed." He said.

"Why would anyone ban dancing?" I asked.

"Well, it's not that. It's just sometimes after practice I come home and practice some more, or create a choreography. It could be annoying if you were studying or sleeping and the music was playing."

"You can just wear headphones or something, right?"

"I mean, yeah, but-"

I cut Woojin off when we arrived at the boys' dorm building, running to the second floor to find our room. The room probably has bunk beds and a single bed, right? I want the single bed to myself. I ran, Woojin screaming behind me. Once I was in front of room 209, I noticed the door was already open, meaning Jinyoung was in there and had probably taken the single bed already. I sighed, walking in. The first thing I noticed was how big and nicely decorated the room was. Then, I noticed Jinyoung unpacking, and the few stuffed animals he had laid out on his bed. The single bed. That's kind of cute...

"Hi Jinyoung! We're roommates now. That seal plushie is cute." I said.

He looked back, slightly startled.

"Oh, hi." He said with a small smile as Woojin ran in the room.

"HA! You didn't get the single bed, loser!" He said, before noticing Jinyoung's presence. "Oh, hi Jinyoung."

Woojin gave Jinyoung a quick, small hug and claimed the top bunk. Jinyoung just continued to unpack. As I tried to begin to unpack as well, Woojin dragged me out of the room to go see who our neighbors were. He walked into room 210 without even knocking and said hello to Daniel, Seongwoo and Jaehwan. Room 211 was Guanlin, Jihoon and Samuel's room. The rest were 2 people rooms, with pairs such as Euiwoong and Hyungseob, Sungwoon and Sewoon, and some other people. I quite like all the second years so far, so I'm very happy to have changed schools.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter