cheer up, baby

Seoul Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon's POV

__________

1 New Message: Good morning sunshine - Jinhee

Another morning, another tough day at school. I quickly got dressed and ate a bowl of very sugary cereal before saying goodbye and heading towards the door. I made my way towards the bus stop that was luckily taking in people by the time I got there.

To: Jinhee - Good morning! I might be late for school lol

I sat on the front of the bus to make sure I could get out quickly, since I woke up a little late today. I decided to kill time by reading a webtoon on my phone, since I had spent most of last night studying.

From: Jinhee - Look behind you :)

I turned my head to the seats behind me and saw his face. He ruffled my hair and I offered a shy smile. He got up and put my bag on his lap as he sat beside me.

"What are you doing, Jinyoung? What if a classmate sees us?"

"It's okay, I double checked." He said, taking my hand in his and throwing his head back. One thing I love about Jinyoung is how relaxed he can be and how at peace this makes me feel. I squeezed our hands a bit tighter and the rest of the bus ride remained silent, yet comfortable. Once we arrive at school, Jinyoung gives me a sorry look and gets off the bus first, preparing himself to ignore me for the rest of the day. I prepared myself too. Seeing him for most of the day and not being able to even flash him a smile or offer a little wave was devastating, but it's something we decided we had to do.

I get off the bus and walk to school. Upon entering, I am greeted by some classmates and by my friend Daniel. Daniel is a year older than me, but he is a good friend who can be supportive and playful at the same time. We crack silly jokes for a little and then it's time for us to go to our homerooms for half an hour. Usually, I like to socialize or doodle during this time, but today I couldn't help but feel bummed out. I hate hiding. For thirty minutes, I sat silently and listened to music, eyes closed. Ping.

1 New Message: cheer up :'( - Jinhee

__________

First period was gym class, not so exciting. I headed towards the gymnasium, ready to shoot some hoops.

"Alright, who will be the team captains? Bae Jinyoung?" asked the gym teacher. He nods, walking forwards. "Uh... Park Woojin? How about you?" He nodded as well and walked towards Jinyoung, standing next to him.

"The winning team gets extra points." The teacher noted.

They picked teams and I ended up on Woojin's team. As the game started, I became focused on winning. A few e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter