LET'S GET INTIMATE WITH RAZRA_EIZEL...

INTERVIEW OF RAZRA_EIZEL.........

 

A/N
Dear readers this part does not contain any personalized questions of Eizel's fanfics,because she got the format which was used in season 1..If and when i get the personalised answers from her i will update this part 2 again..mean while enjoy how she started her writing journey.


PART 2 ALL BOUT WRITING FANFICTIONS.....

TINA: How and when did you decide to be a fanfic author?
EIZEL: I started a long, long time ago. I was watching Hunter x Hunter and somehow stumbled onto fanfiction.net. Long story short, since then I’ve branched to many different fandoms and platforms, but that was how I first got into it

TINA: What made you to sit down and actually write something?
EIZEL: I’m obsessed with games. I always turn my laptop on when I have free time. I keep Word open in case I want to write something. Otherwise, I usually join writing fests and write when it’s close to the deadline, haha

TINA: What is the first fanfic you completed?
EIZEL: hmm… I honestly can’t remember. It’s been more than 10 years.

TINA: How did you get your idea for your first fanfic?
EIZEL: Same as above.

TINA: Have you had any prior experience of writing before your first fanfic?
EIZEL: I did have a creative writing class in school, but I was terrible at it. My writing only got better once I started writing fanfic, and that transferred to writing for English classes.

TINA: Have you ever plagued by doubts on your storyline?
EIZEL: oh, all the time. People say you are your own harshest critic. I always think they’re not good enough. In a way, if people actually try to pick at my stories and see if there are any loopholes, I’m actually flattered since that means they pay a lot of attention to my stories. It makes me want to insert twists and subtle hints even more.

TINA: How did you promote your fanfic to readers?
EIZEL: I don’t really. I cross-post in some communities with many members, but lately I’ve been too lazy to cross-post.

TINA: Have you ever been anxious about how the readers receive your story?
EIZEL: sometimes, but not really. There are some great writers whose works I don’t like. I think the same goes with my stories. There will be people who don’t like them just because they’re not to their taste, and I respect that, so I don’t worry too much about it anymore.

TINA: Thoughts on how you felt when you see the first comment on the first story? Do remember who is the first commenter?
EIZEL: Haha, no, not really. As mentioned above, it has been so long ago. I do remember someone ‘flaming’ me, but admittedly I was terrible at that time, so I don’t really care.

TINA: How do you prepare yourself before writing a fanfic?
EIZEL: I try to get it written out in one sitting, because if I leave it for a while, I might forget. If I really have to leave, then I write out the main points as a guide for when I can continue it. I always try to envision an important scene that is central to the story, and then write out the rest of the details. Most of my stories are actually centred around just one scene, which I thought of at the beginning. The rest are just additions for details.

TINA: Do you work out plot line or do you prefer to see where your ideas or inspiration take you?
EIZEL: I do a bit of both. For longer stories I do work out plot lines. They have helped me remember where I am supposed to take the story. For shorter ones, I do let my inspiration take me.

TINA: When and how does your inspiration or muse come to you?
EIZEL: super randomly. Honestly.

TINA: What is the weirdest place you were struck by inspiration for your fanfic? Did you write the plot?If yes what is the title of the fanfic?
EIZEL: We were driving home after a trip to a shopping centre, and it started raining. I got struck by inspiration there. It’s a Harry x Draco fanfic I wrote, titled “Romance in the Rain”.

TINA: How much research do you do for your story?
EIZEL: it depends on how technical it is, and how important is the accuracy. For example, I had a story about a flower that grows in winter and blooms as soon as spring comes. That was an important point, and I had to do quite a research about what type of flower actually did that. Most of the time, for shorter stories, I don’t do any research because I am too lazy.

TINA: What is the easiest part of writing?
EIZEL: the actual writing. Once you have the story planned out, and you’ve got into a rhythm, just writing it out is easy.

TINA: What is the hardest part of writing a story?
EIZEL: coming up with the ideas, plot line, etc. The hardest bit always come before you start.

TINA: The writer’s worst nightmare the dreaded writer’s block.When is the worst writer’s block you ever had? How did you overcome it?
EIZEL: I’ve been having a writer’s block for a while now. I usually write based on prompts, because it helps kickstart my brain into thinking what to write. If I was given a blank page, I wouldn’t know where to begin, so prompts do help a lot.

TINA: Any useful tips on how to overcome the writer’s block?
EIZEL: don’t get stuck in it. Leave it be, sleep on it, find short writing prompts, do anything. Just don’t dwell on it too much, because the more you’re frustrated by it, the worse it gets.

TINA: Have you written any collaboration with other author’s? If yes name of the fanfic.
EIZEL: I have, but it didn’t end well. Well, it didn’t end at all. I lost contact halfway through and the story became abandoned. It’s one of my early Yunjae fics, titled Under the Spotlight.

TINA: How do you describe your writing style? Do you think you have your own personal writing style?
EIZEL: it’s hard to say. Styles change all the time. Mine has changed quite a bit over the years. If you compare my early Yunjae fics (say, Blossoms of Spring) to the later ones (eg Cambio), you’ll see that my style has changed quite a lot.

TINA: How do you think you have evolved creatively throughout the years? Do you notice any change in the way you write?
EIZEL: I used to take ideas from published works and rewrite them with some differences. I’m a bit better at coming up with original storylines now. Or at least I think I am.

TINA: How important are readers and their comments?
EIZEL: if I don’t have any readers or comments, then it’s the same as leaving them in my hard disk for my own personal enjoyment. Since I’ve shared them with the world, I’d like feedbacks and comments, even if only to know they like it. But I’m not too fussed about it lately.

TINA: I have been a silent reader for few months before taking the steps to comment..
Any words for silent readers?
EIZEL: no… I am a silent reader myself, because I’m too lazy to log in and comment. So I shouldn’t be a hypocrite. I also read mostly on the go, so no time to leave comments on every story I read.

TINA: Do you read other yunjae fanfics? If yes name of the fanfic you loved?
EIZEL: I haven’t been in the fandom for a long time, so I can’t really say. I used to like fics by orionsroad, but not sure if they’re still available.

TINA: Are you friends with any other author’s?
EIZEL: I was friends with isamijae, later known as inidar. Also with tora_robin, but I’ve lost contact with them now, which is a pity.

TINA: How do you make your stories standout when there are heaps of other stories with similar plot lines?
EIZEL: this is hard. I suppose, try to write an interesting summary. When I scroll through fics about the same theme (eg New Year, Valentine’s, etc), I skim through and read the summaries, and only read the ones I find interesting. Of course, once you’re a bit more well-known and some readers know your name, they will give you a chance anyway just because. I’ve almost scrolled past some fics because the summary wasn’t interesting enough, but gave it a try when I saw who wrote it.

TINA: Has anyone stole your story and published under their name?
EIZEL: a couple of times. I don’t remember exactly, but yeah. I don’t even know why.

TINA: Thoughts on others stealing your work?
EIZEL: it’s the height of laziness, because you want people to say give you comments and such without doing anything. It’s also disrespectful, especially since I put in a lot of effort into it.

TINA: How do you manage your time between your daily activities and updating stories?
EIZEL: I don’t have as much time lately, since I work full time and start taking up martial arts. I’d love to know how to manage my time better, actually.

TINA: DO you have any favorite time of the day to write stories?
EL: I only have time at night and on weekends, so I guess at night…?

TINA: Why are we so interested to read  taboo topics when it comes to yunjae?
EIZEL: I hope you don’t mind, but I’m not going to answer the questions in this part. Reasons being, I don’t read Yunjae anymore, and I don’t write anymore. I’ve only ever written a little bit, and I’ve given up on it years ago. The reason being, I thought that writing was a trick to get a lot of views/clicks, and I want people to read my stories because they are genuinely interested. If you notice, I don’t write anything above PG-13 anymore. And whatever I did write was terrible anyway. I read what other writers did, and tried to copy them, but didn’t have much luck.


End of part 2.