For you | Yuju x Umji

To My Dearest GFRIEND

Today I mustered up courage to tell her.

We have been friends for the longest time ever. I have liked her for the longest time ever. I remember that when we first met, I might have hated her a lot. She was so plain and normal, but yet she had a good entourage. I wonder if she likes me.  

We met through mutual friends. We were in the same class for one year. We graduated and celebrated our coming-of-age together. She influenced for me to become who I am today. I hope I can move her.

I had noticed how she usually had crush on boys with good grades. She sometimes have her crush on athletic guys. They are all good looking. I wonder if I’m good enough. 

I had asked her out today to the park where we always hung out. This is our secret place. I had decorated it. I wanted to let her know that despite what the world has to decline of us. I love her. She might not like me like I do, but I am willing to risk it. It is time to move on if she doesn’t like me. Or at least, I can become the person that loves her so much, she doesn’t need to love me back. 

I became a better person because I wanted to be pergect. Perfect for her. It always hurt me how she always got hutt because of guys. I am scared that she won’t reciprocate these feelings. 

We went to the same university as well. We lived in the same dorm. I was always by her side. Did she ever see me though whenever I looked at her pretty eyes? Her simplness always gets me. She is perfect for me.

It’s autumn and the leaves are falling. I hope she’s well dressed. I have prepared her some hot tea. I used the pretext of ranting to her at our secret spot. We liked to watch the stars. She always told me about planets and stars. The truth was that her eyes held the whole galaxy. She is my whole universe.

It was so silent, I could hear my watch’s ticks. It was a particularly cold night. It was getting late, but the time for me to confess also approached. The candles were still lit up. I hope she likes these scented candles. They are her favorite scent; lavender. 

I sat down in contempt and I have finally heard footsteps. It was her. I recognized the sound of her favorite pair of heels. She was so cute like usually. She had this oversized scarf wrapped around her. She wore a brown coat. She was happy to see me. I bitterly smiled at her. She came and gave me a hug.

‘ Yewon, I have something to tell you.’

‘ Oh? What is it? Why are you so serious today? Is everything okay Yuna? ’ 

‘ I hope we can still stay friends after this. Please promise me you won’t get mad at me.’ 

‘ I won’t ever get mad at you. Tell me what is it already!’ 

‘ Are you supportive of gay people?’

‘ I guess I am, why not?’

I paused and hesitated. My heart was racing. I think I was getting sick from waiting in the cold. I felt my forehead, or rather my whole face heat up. I shook my head.

‘ The truth is that I love you.’ 

Her expression froze. 

I leaned in, held her chin and kissed her lips.

‘W-what are you doing?’ She was blushing 

‘I’m serious. I’ve had a crush on you since highschool.’ I showed determination and seriousness

‘B-but did I let you kiss me?!’ Her finger reached her own lips

‘I just thought it was the best time to do it...’ 

‘Yuna why are you always so slow!’ She grabbed my hand and hugged me

‘I want to thank you for going through all my breakups with me. I want to thank you for staying by my side all these years. I want to thank you for being my friend, but...’

I panicked and wanted to let go of her. I felt like this was wrong. I was afraid and I was scared of what was coming. I wanted to run away. I tried to struggle out of her arms, but she still hugged me tight.

She then proceeded to whisper in my ears.

‘Next time, if you’re to plan something at least check if you had accidentally created an online document in our shared folder or if it’s in your personal one.’  

I didn’t understand what she just said. What.

‘Yuna you are always planning your stuff ahead, and even make speeches ahead. I happened to see this document three months ago when you started planning, and I kept checking whether if you updated or not. You’re organized but also super clumsy, and this is you.’

She whispered these last words

‘The Yuna I like.’