Yuju x You | Goodbye.

To My Dearest GFRIEND

Dear You,

as you read this letter. I will be gone. I am sorry that we happened, but love struck us that way, and I am grateful for that. You are the greatest thing that happened to me. I am sad that we have to be apart, but we both know that neither of us can handle a long-distance relationship. I am writing this as you are getting us coffee. The line at Starbucks is always long and I know I have plenty of time to write you this letter. Because last night I have tried countless times to form my thoughts into words. I couldn't. It was hard, and I didn't know how to say goodbye. If I do it right, then I should have just gave you a hug. Even a hug is too much. It makes me want to stay with you. Yet you know that is not possible. I have chosen my dream over you. Or did I really do so? I wonder. You were once, and you still are my dream. Although we are together, I want to be with you forever. But because I have you, I have dared to dream even further. I want to be successful and be your pride. I want you to be proud of me. 

I am not sure if you realized, but I am wearing what I wore when we first met. We met on the streets. That day, we both had different goals and days to go through, but somehow we had bumped on each other. The second our eyes met, it had struck us. I am sure that you felt it too. That feeling of deja vu. Yet, as normal humans of the society, we apologized to each other and went off on our way again. It wasn't until later that we met again. But during this whole time, I had thought about you, because this feeling was so abnormal, I had to question myself and my feelings, and my being. Once we met each other through friends, I knew it was real, because of the eye contact we had. I could hear my heartbeat, and I think I heard yours too. We had quickly become a couple afterwards, but it felt like we knew each other since forever. I love you. 

I am not quite sure why I am writing this letter neither, but this is my way of saying farewell. I am certainly being dramatic for no reason, as I know that, like how we left each other on our first meeting, we will meet again, and love each other again. So this isn't really goodbye, but this is my love letter for you, because I have never loved anyone like I love you right now. I know this feeling will last an eternity, but for now, accept my farewells, and please strive to stay the same and perhaps even better, because you know that I want the best of you. We are still too young, we have to grow up even more. Once I come back for you, I want you to know that I want to grow old with you and spend my life away with you, because you are my happiness. 

During this whole time, I've had sorrowful eyes, but it doesn't mean I am sad. Or maybe I am, because I will miss you greatly, but I know that I have to stop relying on you. Because while you are pushing me to grow, being with you also makes me unwilling to grow, because our current love is young. 

I will stop rambling here, because I think you are already ordering our drinks and you might come back soon and catch me crying.

Therefore, I just want to tell you that I love you so much and I want to grow for you.

Please wait for my return and I shall write you again or call you when I really really miss you.

This isn't goodbye, but a love letter. 

- Yuju