The Tiff

Tatt For Two

You think you real cool, you’re not!

Taeyeon took one look at her phone and smiled.

Tiffany Hwang Seoul Sister Editor

It came attached with a picture that Taeyeon knew wouldn’t be safe to have a look at right now. Lately, the selfies were more provocative, some straight up —not safe for work. It was a good thing she no longer had a boss who could peep over her shoulder at her phone.

“My drink is really nice. Do you wanna have a taste?” Wendy asked as she laid out their drinks and sandwiches on the table.

Taeyeon looked up and met Wendy’s bright eyes. She shook her head with a smile. “No, thanks.”

“Okay.”

“Did you take good care of your tatt?”

Wendy nodded vigorously at once, eyes wide open in all seriousness. “Of course I did! The tatt is so beautiful. I love it so much I can’t stop looking in the mirror.”

Taeyeon chuckled. “You won’t look at it as often after you get used to it.”

“But I’ll still see it in the mirror and I’ll remember you did it.”

“Good thing I didn’t slip up then. Or you’ll be cursing me forever.”

Wendy shook her head just as violently. “I won’t.”

Taeyeon took in the chestnut brown hair that shook along with Wendy’s head and the puppy expression painted by big, round eyes, a cute nose and cheery lips. Wendy was definitely easy on the eyes. Probably lasting too, not the kind of pretty that faded into normalcy after some time. It wouldn’t be too difficult to romance her. But did she want to?

“You should start eating. Lunch hour ain’t gonna last all day, ya know.”

“Oh, right.” Wendy’s grin was bashful. “And you too.”

Taeyeon nodded and bit into the sandwich. The flavour of the beef and cheese exploded in and she couldn’t help . “Oh my God. This is ing good.”

“I know, right? This is my favourite sandwich shop.” Wendy smiled so much her eyes disappeared. “I was a little worried you wouldn’t like it but thank God you do.”

“This sandwich is legendary. Good recommendation, Wendy.”

Wendy’s face lit up like a neon sign.

Taeyeon smiled. Wendy was cute.

T

“Hi, boo.” Tiffany waved an arm to attract Taeyeon’s attention.

Their lips greeted each other as soon as they got close enough and Tiffany lifted Taeyeon’s mood with a wonderful smile, full of sunshine.

“Hey, babe,” Taeyeon responded after the peck. Their hands linked and locked and she led the way towards the sandwich shop.

“You look down today.”

Taeyeon shrugged.

“C’mon, tell me why.”

“Nothing much. Just a difficult customer.”

“Oh, those people.”

“ers who want the world for free. You’re lucky you don’t have to deal with people like that.”

“I have to deal with difficult journalists.”

“Do they go on your Instagram and post ty comments about your service even though they’re the ty ones?”

“Oh my God.” Shock and worry were splashed across Tiffany’s face. “The customer did that? Can you report the person?”

“I reported him Instagram. But that’s all I can do.”

“What is he unhappy with? I can’t imagine anyone feeling unhappy with your tattoos.”

Taeyeon shrugged and tugged Tiffany closer to avoid a man squeezing past them as they entered the shop. “The customer complained about my price. Said I’m charging too much. I told him to look for another tattooist and he got mad.”

“Sounds totally unreasonable. Jerk.”

“Yeah.”

Tiffany planted a kiss on Taeyeon’s cheek. “Cheer up. This lunch is on me.”

Taeyeon chuckled. “Thanks, babe.”

Moments later, they were seated at a table, biting into their sandwiches.

Tiffany moaned, just as Taeyeon expected. “God, this is more than good. Where has this been all my life?”

Taeyeon simply smirked. She watched as Tiffany took another bite and laughed.

“What?” Tiffany asked, brows furrowed.

Reaching over with a napkin, Taeyeon nicked the glob of mayo near Tiffany’s lips. “Pig,” she teased, waving the napkin in Tiffany’s face.

Tiffany proceeded to ignore her, totally focused on the sandwich and finished it in no time at all. “That was so good,” she said, patting her stomach after wiping clean—and burped.

With half of her sandwich still uneaten, Taeyeon feigned a look of disgust. “Eww.”

Tiffany turned red. “Sorry.”

“Hey, I was just kidding.”

“Were you?”

Taeyeon nodded and snorted. “A burp doesn’t faze me. C’mon, give me more credit.”

With eyes narrowed and a shifty expression, Tiffany leaned forward and said, “I suspect your tough image is just a front. Under that cool exterior, you’re really just a fuzzy, cuddly puppy, right?”

Without as much as a shift of a brow, Taeyeon flipped her middle finger as she chewed on her sandwich.

“Yeah, you don’t fool me. I know you’re a softie deep down inside.”

“I may have been soft once, but not now.”

“What changed?”

“I changed.”

“Everybody changes. But there’s always a reason.”

“Tiff, we’re in a sandwich shop during lunch hour.”

“And?”

“Skip the heavy stuff.”

Tiffany laughed. “Okay, let’s talk about something else . . . like how you discovered this gem.”

“One of my customers recommended this place so I tried it.”

“Is your customer pretty?”

“Yes, you’ve seen her.”

Realization spread all over Tiffany’s face. “The cute one who was leaving?”

“Her name is Wendy.”

“She brought you here?”

“Yeah.”

“And then you brought me here?”

Taeyeon could see it coming. Jealousy and all its fireworks. This would be a good chance to see what Tiffany was like. “Is there a problem?”

“Oh, I don’t know . . . I mean, it’s not every day a girl brings me to the place where she dated someone else . . . how long ago?”

“Monday.”

“Only two days ago?”

Brows raised, Taeyeon looked Tiffany in the eyes steadily. “Would it make any difference if it were two weeks ago?”

“I don’t know. But it definitely feels worse when it’s so recent.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

“Is this a joke to you?”

“Will you chill? What are you getting worked up about?”

“You just brought me to the place another girl brought you to on Monday. Dafuq?”

“You’re blowing this out of proportion.”

“Sorry if I’m pissed. I mean, what right do I have to feel like this, ya? It’s not like we’re dating for real or anything.”

“Are we?”

Tiffany threw her hands in the air, a look of ludicrousness plastered all over her face, then folded her arms and huffed. “I dunno. Are we?”

“What do you want?”

“Nothing,” Tiffany said with a shrug. “Yeah. Absolutely nothing. I called you just for fun. Yeah, and those selfies too, just me being bored. And the time I went to your shop to surprise you? It was because I had too much time on my hands and nothing better to do, no one better to see.”

Taeyeon couldn’t hold it in any longer. Her insides were straining. Tiffany was really cute when she was pissed. Her eyes had a certain kind of ferocity and her back was dead straight like a pillar, leaning forward with the aura of an angry goddess ready to wreck a storm over everything and everyone.

“Dafuq is going on with you? Why are you laughing?”

“Do you really want nothing?”

“Tae, don’t be an idiot.”

“I want to know what you want.”

“Seriously? Do you need me to say it?” Tiffany eyed her surroundings. “In here? Of all places?”

“The place doesn’t matter. Wendy’s just a customer.” Taeyeon shrugged. “And sure, we’ve become friends, but so what? I’m not interested in her.”

“So what are you saying right now?”

“I’m saying Wendy and I are just friends. It was a friendly lunch. The sandwiches are ing awesome and you’re the first person I thought of to share this with.”

“I’m the first?”

Taeyeon nodded.

“What does that mean?”

“It means you’ve managed to brainwash me with all your messages and selfies.”

“Brainwash.” Tiffany rolled her eyes. “How have I brainwashed you?”

“You got me thinking about you. And you got me missing you too.”

“Really. You’re not just saying this?”

“You asked, I answered.”

“So I’m on your mind and you miss me.”

“A little.”

“Damnit, Tae. Stop playing with my heart.”

Leaning forward and taking Tiffany’s hand, Taeyeon smiled and locked gazes with the miffed woman sitting on the other side of the table. “Wanna date for real? Exclusively?”

A dazzling smile lit Tiffany’s face and she laid her free hand over Taeyeon’s. “Yes, that’s what I want.”

“Then that’s what you’re getting.”

“Kiss me.”

Taeyeon leaned in and mashed their lips together. It was a little too aggressive and Tiffany pulled back blushing all the way to her neck.

“Tae, we’re in a sandwich shop.”

With a knowing grin, Taeyeon popped the last of the sandwich in , grabbed her drink and stood. “Let’s go.”

“Where?”

“Your car, Miss Brainwasher.”

Tiffany giggled and grabbed her drink too. “Okay, let’s go.”

T